The New Raith Rovers Thread

26 minutes ago, theswagman said:

Where’s the best place between the train station and Starks Park for a pint please?

The Beveridge Park hotel is next to the station, but haven't been in it for a few years.

Other than that, there's nothing directly en-route. The Novar (likely to be rammed) and the Abbotshall are a few minutes off track.

I believe most Pars fans congregate in O'Connell's, next to Sports Direct on the High Street.

25 minutes ago, theswagman said:

Where’s the best place between the train station and Starks Park for a pint please?

A few places on the High Street that are mainly of the big barn variety. 

Penny Farthing is a good wee pub. 

Just up from the high street you have the Novar which is good but busy.

The Estuary on Links Street has a more traditional earthy charm.

1 hour ago, theswagman said:

Alfie’s isn’t far. It’s what was Bar Itza / Mullins / Tropicana back in the day. At the crossroads at Charlotte Street. Its okay.

The Abbotshall has been done up and it looks okay, although I haven’t ventured in yet.

Edited by Scary Bear

On 28/03/2022 at 21:16, pub car king said:

Just to take the thread off track for a quick minute. Stirling Albion are rereleasing an old kit from the 90s made by spall who are also remaking the kit (I was amazed they were still going) Anyway it must be knocking on the door of 30 years since the unbeaten season with that great team who also wore a kit made by spall. Would be good if the club could get a few made like the recent  copa cup final and europe ones. 

Here is Sinky looking resplendent in the afore mentioned design. 

Screenshot_20220328-211414_Chrome.jpg

Well well well

That spall reissue is a bit of a random kit to go for, we were with them for years and there's better ones to choose. 

That said I've just clicked buy now.  

Hopefully the one above is on the horizon, I would love to get the away one in white.

Edited by pub car king

3 hours ago, Specky Ginger said:

The Beveridge Park hotel is next to the station, but haven't been in it for a few years.

Other than that, there's nothing directly en-route. The Novar (likely to be rammed) and the Abbotshall are a few minutes off track.

I believe most Pars fans congregate in O'Connell's, next to Sports Direct on the High Street.

I’d avoid the Beveridge Park hotel

3 hours ago, Specky Ginger said:

6 minutes ago, SerieA said:

I’d avoid the Beveridge Park hotel

Used as homeless accommodation these days, not sure if the bar/ restaurant is still in use 

3 hours ago, Halbeath Raith Rover said:

The Estuary on Links Street has a more traditional earthy charm. Stinks of pish.

Sorted that one for you 🤪

9 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

I feel that everyone bar IM is on the same page regarding Dylan Corr. Maybe the gaffer sees something in training that has formed his opinion. That said, we need people in natural positions in the back line. My view is start him - and if he is poor, take him off after half an hour. I think starting him should be enough to motivate him into proving himself and if he doesn't we will all surely see that he is not the answer we think he is.

32 minutes ago, chris1883 said:

I feel that everyone bar IM is on the same page regarding Dylan Corr. Maybe the gaffer sees something in training that has formed his opinion. That said, we need people in natural positions in the back line. My view is start him - and if he is poor, take him off after half an hour. I think starting him should be enough to motivate him into proving himself and if he doesn't we will all surely see that he is not the answer we think he is.

I’m absolutely not in the mood for starting players, in a derby, to hook them after half an hour if they’re shit.

Corr probably should have had a chance before now. It should have been back in January, if not earlier. The ship has all but sailed for him, I suspect.

1 hour ago, chris1883 said:

If you start Corr then you’re benching either Byrne or Brown. I wouldn’t be doing that in a derby.

4 minutes ago, mrraith71 said:

as for IM saying he wants to sign Ashcroft next season that’s a strange one with him getting injured right away on his first game 

Not strange at all.  He's a very good defender at this level if we're still here and has shown he's also capable of playing in the premiership if we go up.

I'm not concerned about the injury long term either.  Hamstring is a fairly common place to get an injury and there's nothing to suggest there's more to it than that.

Would be a great signing in my opinion.

I’d love to know what Corr has done to be overlooked time and time again. 
From chatting to a few of the senior players recently, they all spoke highly of him and are surprised he hasn’t been playing. 

After last weeks collapse at Arbroath, big Kev has come in for some over the top criticism. Yes he made an error at the second goal but the biggest problem(a blind man could see) was IM putting on a CM(again) in defence and once again Broonie was all over the place back there (no fault of his own). 
All while we have a CH sat watching on the bench. Madness IMO

1 hour ago, mrraith71 said:

as for IM saying he wants to sign Ashcroft next season that’s a strange one with him getting injured right away on his first game 

The club has previously been interested in Ashcroft. I’m curious which aspect of the poor luck that saw him pick up an injury in his debut would mean he’s not good enough to play for the Rovers?