The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 minute ago, cambozpar said:

FFS lads, you no wanting to win the league?

We're going down to the wire, deep into stoppage time on the last day its just what we do. 

14 minutes ago, cambozpar said:

FFS lads, you no wanting to win the league?

Nah PL is shit, now that Pars are looking safer I'd rather we stay here and skelp your mob another 4 times or more next term 🙄

27 minutes ago, Arab_R_us said:

This is the best chance you will have to be promoted for maybe a decade. We keep fucking up and you keep failing to capitalise on it. Your going to regret this season. What if

We'll probably have less regret than your parents tbh. 

37 minutes ago, Arab_R_us said:

This is the best chance you will have to be promoted for maybe a decade. We keep fucking up and you keep failing to capitalise on it. Your going to regret this season. What if

Long long way to go yet, there'll be a few more dropped point from both teams, whatever is meant to be will be come 3rd May

11 minutes ago, Arab_R_us said:

No need to be nasty just pointing out you will never have a better chance 😀

Both our teams play like we have this weekend for the rest of the season and we will win the league with games to spare.

As for it being our best chance to win the league for a decade. That is just absolute nonsense. Points tally required to win this year is going to be higher than most seasons. Not often you get a team in champ with your budget either. If you beat us to title and only Livi come down we'll be favourites next year and I'm confident our board will further improve the squad.

United on the other hand will be bang in trouble and will be meltdowns galore if you don't win the league.

Edited by RR #1

46 minutes ago, Arab_R_us said:

Aye, if we do stay down and Dundee United win it, I’m struggling to see how Livingston replacing them makes next season’s league harder 

All of that said, it's hard not to be dissapointed at not being top at this stage. They've pissed points away for fun since we beat them in February,  and we are 1 point closer than we were after that match.

Lots to play for mind, closer than I thought we'd be after that Arbroath debacle.

If we are winning this league it will be like the 94/95 season where we had a hellish 90 minutes against Hamilton needing a draw. 

As opposed to 92/93 where we skooshed all that came before us.

Looking at the remaining fixtures you could argue Dundee United have a slightly tougher run in finishing away to Airdrie and then home to Partick.

We are away to Morton which is never fun but then home to Arbroath. 

Screenshot_20240316_181753_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240316_181834_Chrome.jpg

I know we missed another opportunity today but I’m not gutted/raging like I was up at Arbroath.
After all our goal scoring and conceding exploits most of the season I’m chuffed to bits at how solid we are.
Not much for Kev to do today, looked like a decent save he made in 2nd half-he needs to be quicker with his distribution at times though.

Solid across the back.Thought QP has caused us the most amount of bother in previous games but we didn’t really give them a sniff today. Special mention for Matthews-he’s a class act.

Turner and Stanton were decent enough. Connolly and Easton working hard defensively but thought both were poor going forward-created nothing. Smith and McGill done created more when they came on.

Rudden/Vaughan/Hamilton huffed a puffed without much joy up top.

Great saves from Ferrie (he’s been class against us all season) from McGill and Stanton.

As Murray says if you can’t be positive when your joint top of the league when can you be?

Whether it’s 7, 9 or 11 games left in the season back the team (they are all trying like mad) in every one of those games.

2 hours ago, Arab_R_us said:

No need to be nasty just pointing out you will never have a better chance 😀

You say ‘you’ll never have a better chance’… Dundee won the league last year with 63pts and Killie the season before with 68. I’d say those seasons were a better chance?

Edited by Jilted John

2 minutes ago, RR #1 said:

Would have much preferred if we had moved our midweek game until next weekend like United. Anyone any idea why we haven't?

We were due to play Airdrie next weekend, but they're playing in the Challenge Cup final.

Edited by true_rover

3 hours ago, SerieA said:

Good to hear the boys out on loan are coming back to play on Wednesday 

I was hoping some of LV's former team-mates might have been included, Ross Callachan came immediately to mind. I was saddened to find out when I checked (on the Ross Co website) that Cal ruptured his ACL against Celtic 3 weeks ago. Given that Callachan, Laidlaw, Matthews and Vaughan all broke through around the same time it'd have been nice to see guys like that back at SP.