The New Raith Rovers Thread

6 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Hannah has potential from what iv seen but there's no chance he's ready to start after half a season at albion rovers. 

Oh, I know, neither Hannah nor Harper would be a starter next season if we get promoted...Harper might be if we didn't. But Harper is young, so I'm not sure he's the better choice between him and Duffy if we don't make it either. If we get promoted, I'd love Harper as a bit of extra depth for sure.

Harper has been rumoured to Kilmarnock for weeks/months.

56 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Well that'll be singing section down tubs for Thursday I'd imagine. 

IMG_20240519_085254.jpg

Absolute imbeciles.

Apparently the seats were broken from people trying to climb over them to get on the pitch at the end, rather than folk wilfully breaking them, but still no excuse.

12 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

Absolute imbeciles.

Apparently the seats were broken from people trying to climb over them to get on the pitch at the end, rather than folk wilfully breaking them, but still no excuse.

Some wee fannies were holding up seats throughout the game; so for some, at least, that’s bollocks. It all came from standing/jumping on the seats.

Stewards pulled a few broken seats out during the game but I clocked two or three folk leaving at the end with some under their arms, as if they’re some sort of trophy. 

These situations should be easy to deal with given that it’s a ticketed match so you have a name and address for the person sitting in it. I’m not sure how much a replacement costs but I’d be billing them! 

8 minutes ago, CrossgatesCynic said:

Some wee fannies were holding up seats throughout the game; so for some, at least, that’s bollocks. It all came from standing/jumping on the seats.

Stewards pulled a few broken seats out during the game but I clocked two or three folk leaving at the end with some under their arms, as if they’re some sort of trophy. 

Fair enough.

I didn't realise that was the case.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Raithie said:

IMG_20240519_085254.jpg

Probably take some from the away end as I doubt Ross County or St Johnstone will fill the North Stand. Breaking seats is muppet behavior and breaking your own seats is grade A bellend behavior. As mentioned you’ve got the name of who was sold the seat at the very least give them a warning. 

Edited by San Starko Rover

8 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Probably take some from the away end as I doubt Ross County or St Johnstone will fill the North Stand. Breaking seats is muppet behavior and breaking your own seats is grade A bellend behavior. As mentioned you’ve got the name of who was sold the seat at the very least give them a warning. 

The problem is if it's the person behind that jumps forward on to your seat and breaks it.

56 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

These situations should be easy to deal with given that it’s a ticketed match so you have a name and address for the person sitting in it. I’m not sure how much a replacement costs but I’d be billing them! 

There where 2/3 people to a seat and they where just moving about constantly so it's unlikely the people who where supposed to be in those seats actually did the damage. 

Was that where they put in all the new seats?  Having seats broken by our fans is bad enough, but even worse if it’s a load of seats we spent money putting in just a couple of months ago.

12 hours ago, TxRover said:

Kerr's a Dundee loan, so not as clear if Dundee might offer him again, but Harper was a signing for the ICT U20's, so he might be interesting to look at, although we have Hannah, who looks the item. They also have Duffy at RB/CB that might be of interest.

Kerr isn’t getting offered a new contract I’m sure, Dundee want to move him, rudden and Ashcroft on, Kerr would be a decent signing imo for us

8 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

Kerr isn’t getting offered a new contract I’m sure, Dundee want to move him, rudden and Ashcroft on, Kerr would be a decent signing imo for us

I'm pretty sure these three still have a year left on their contracts. It's evident that none of them have much of a future at Dens so I suppose if Dundee can't move them on permanently then they'll probably be offered out on loan again.

1 hour ago, grumswall said:

There where 2/3 people to a seat and they where just moving about constantly so it's unlikely the people who where supposed to be in those seats actually did the damage. 

My argument would be that if you sat where you’re meant to sit, no one else would be able to break your seat. The reality is that they could still get broken by someone else though, especially if they were climbing down the rows to get onto the pitch. It’s such a frustrating situation to be in! 

Q: Why can't we have nice things?

A: Exhibit A

4 hours ago, Raithie said:

IMG_20240519_085254.jpg

This is the thanks the club gets. f**k sake. 

As I've said before, chuck them in the main stand corner. Less likely to get on the pitch, too far for them to throw flares on the pitch. They can stand and jump about without pissing people off and easier to police. 

With the low roof, the noise from them will be louder