The New Raith Rovers Thread

That game has to be moved to the Wednesday surely. :unsure:

You'd think we'd try, but will Airdrie agree? Big chance for them to take three points off us.

Incidentally, this is a highly unlikely situation that we most probably won't end up in, but the Scottish Cup final is on the same weekend as the second leg of the play-off final... :lol:

Edited by Paco

Why not just do the sensible thing and extend the fecking season! :blink:

Because they'd be extending the season, including the problem of pushing the playoffs back when player contracts could have been expired (as I'm sure lots will finish on 16th May) and players may have holidays booked, for the sake of one team, as much as we would like it to be.

Has anyone else had a look back at this thread, at the time when we were still building a squad?

I had a wee look because I could remember people not being too happy with the signing of Tadé and I wanted to see just how bad it was, but I had to stop reading after I read a post from someone who was absolutely gutted that we were signing Dougie Hill. I stopped before I read any of my own posts, which were no doubt along the lines of "Nooooooo! Marvin's gone! We'll finish 10th!"

I had a skim through the pre-season part of the thread. At least I don't seem to have said anything too embarrassing - apart from predicting that Lee Bryce would have a big part to play in our season. Mind you, in a season like this you never can tell - he might score the winner in the Cup final yet.

Anyway, I dropped another email to the club this morning and got a reply this time from Bob Mullen - apparently he resolved the Murray situation with the SFA in conversation on the 25th; so before Robbo phoned them though after the original discussion on here and my initial unacknowledged email. He didn't say anything about that mail or whether he'd even seen it but the clear implication was that it was nothing to do with me and he had it all in hand (notwithstanding someone else's error in what was written on the club's own website). Which is fair enough - like I said before, we're not the Pars and it's nice to know we've got staff who know their jobs. So you can take your green dots back if you like .....

Time to look forward instead then. Not to the semi-final but the league - I still remember the Pars fans walking down Pratt Street singing "You're gonna win f**k all" on the day they humped us 5-2 a few days after our cup win over Airdrie in '94. I don't particularly want it to happen again, and we certainly aren't comfortable enough to be able to afford a really bad run in the league over the next few weeks.

Edited by Yoss

I looked back at a few of the pages, but shat out of the rest of it. I know I was seriously unimpressed when we signed Tadé, although I was half right in one sense; he isn't a striker.

I also remember being unimpressed when we were linked with Dougie Hill, though I seem to recall admitting I'd been unfair having seen him in the Airdrie friendly and being quite impressed with his performance.

I think it all really boils down to the fact I'd never been impressed with either of those players when they'd played against us.

I hadn't noticed this until I was watching Sky Sports News earlier... we're only 9 points behind Thistle with 5 games in hand.

I don't know who those games are against, but from the five of them, if we could take (a not-ridiculously impossible) 7 points, we'd be well within touching distance.

This league is ludicrous!

I had a skim through the pre-season part of the thread. At least I don't seem to have said anything too embarrassing - apart from predicting that Lee Bryce would have a big part to play in our season. Mind you, in a season like this you never can tell - he might score the winner in the Cup final yet.

Anyway, I dropped another email to the club this morning and got a reply this time from Bob Mullen - apparently he resolved the Murray situation with the SFA in conversation on the 25th; so before Robbo phoned them though after the original discussion on here and my initial unacknowledged email. He didn't say anything about that mail or whether he'd even seen it but the clear implication was that it was nothing to do with me and he had it all in hand (notwithstanding someone else's error in what was written on the club's own website). Which is fair enough - like I said before, we're not the Pars and it's nice to know we've got staff who know their jobs. So you can take your green dots back if you like .....

Time to look forward instead then. Not to the semi-final but the league - I still remember the Pars fans walking down Pratt Street singing "You're gonna win f**k all" on the day they humped us 5-2 a few days after our cup win over Airdrie in '94. I don't particularly want it to happen again, and we certainly aren't comfortable enough to be able to afford a really bad run in the league over the next few weeks.

Pm sent

So it seems we've signed David Armstrong until the end of the season.

Thoughts?

Also, did he go off today with an injury, or is he just not match fit? If he's injured, that's just taking the piss.

He was limping as he went off. Russell is injured as well. We went into the first derby with four players out. We'll now go into our crucial game with Morton on Tuesday minues Weir, Gathuessi, Simmons and I imagine Armstrong and Russell added to the four. What can you say about it? I've been saying for a few weeks now we might get dragged into the relegation battle because of the run of fixtures we have, but I didn't factor in the fucking awful luck we get. We're in big trouble.

As for Armstrong's performance, he looked OK, not quite as good as Murray/Campbell/Ellis/Hill/Gathuessi but he didn't do much, if anything, wrong.

We must come through these next two games undefeated, and even if we win them both I still think things are going to look worse before they (possibly) get better.

After the Morton game on Saturday, we've got a (ridiculous) run of five away games in a row, then a double header against Dundee. Seriously difficult to see us winning three of those 7, nevermind 4 or 5 of them.

We've got a lot of home games at the very end of the season, but we could be in a pretty dreadful situation by the time we get to them.

• 2 weeks later...

Seems the club have been up to their usual April Fools Antics.

Quick glance at the FFP before I left for work, and on the back page there was a section saying that we were signing Robbie Savage on a one day loan deal, that was sanctioned by Fifa, for the semi final.

Im sure it stated something like he will come up North for the semi final then head back down to Derby the next day.

There's also a picture with him holding a Rovers top with Savage on the back laugh.gif .

Edited by RaithRyan

Clicky

Airdrie United v Raith Rovers - changed to Wednesday 14th April

Partick Thistle v Raith Rovers - rescheduled for Monday 19th April.

At least the Airdrie United game is now played on the Wednesday I suppose! :unsure:

Edited by Willie Gray Ate My Hamster

Clicky

At least the Airdrie United game is now played on the Wednesday I suppose! :unsure:

Mainly confirmed for then because Airdrie now playing Queen of the South on the Monday before that, so we'll at least be more rested than they are for that game.

The more i read this, the more i'm thinking that our promotion seems to have been a waste of time. I mean Dougie Hill, McGlynn has taken leave of his senses if he deems Hill a suitable player for a 1st division club is totally unacceptable.

This is my favourite post in this whole thread! Haha! :lol: