The New Raith Rovers Thread

Folk were adamant that McGurn was off last season because he gave "some kid his gloves" at half time (remember o`connor was in goals),

that was my son he gave his gloves to last season coz the wee man asked him for them when he was mascot v Dundee, as far as I saw that was what happened today also so hopefully he`s still here next season, Baird said to us when shaking our hands that he honestly didnt know what was happening with regards to next season but he did look gutted so it wouldnt surprise me if he has other offers, I would be gutted for him to leave but at least the club could command a fee for both these players.

Regarding big Sparky, I love the guy and all he has done for us, I just feel that whilst I would put my mortgage on him winning any header, he has looked very vulnerable with the ball at his feet recently and ocean liners can turn quicker.

I really hope we hold on to Walker also as last week and today highlights how much we need him in that midfield.

Apparently John Baird wants to leave.

At first, I couldn't fathom why he would want to leave, because he appears to enjoy playing for the Rovers. However, after some thought, it makes sense. He doesn't want to be plodding along with a team about to undergo cuts - a team that will most likely be nowhere near challenging for promotion to the SPL.

Fair play to him. He has to aim as high as he can. Although if he does stay, I think he's professional enough to keep trying as hard as can. After all, despite signing pre-contract with Raith when he was with Airdrie, he was still happy enough scoring against us!

In John Bairds best interest, now would be the best time for him to seek a bigger club with his stock being so high off the back of the SPFA award.

In Raith Rovers best interest, it'd be absolutely fantastic if Bairdy stays.

Hope we're dealing with the latter come the start of next season but I just can't see it unfortunately.

having actually heard it from the horses mouth... players that still have another year on thier contract are going nowhere.... obviously the money for baird is more than welcome... ive also heard its money and a player/players for baird if an offer come from the shite side of fife!

the likes of davidson who is looking to move to Dee utd :lol: mr mcglynn has written him moving right off!!!

as for the talk of mcglynn moving... in his own words... "im going nowhere, ive got another year on my contract and anyway, no one can fucking afford me!!!"

Tade, as expected, is off. He's written on Facebook:

"thanks everyone, i am glad to have been part of this football club for the past 2 years, i am sorry for the way we finished, for those who are still wondering if i am gonna stay or not, last saturday was my last game for the rovers, so thanks to everybody who supported me during my time at the rovers. All the best"

:(

Tade, as expected, is off. He's written on Facebook:

"thanks everyone, i am glad to have been part of this football club for the past 2 years, i am sorry for the way we finished, for those who are still wondering if i am gonna stay or not, last saturday was my last game for the rovers, so thanks to everybody who supported me during my time at the rovers. All the best"

:(

Beat me to it. Not to them. Please, just not to them.

McGlynn and Smith were on top form today at the 'Live the Dream' game. Taking the piss out of one another.

Hank Scorpio scored a contender for goal of the season from someone in a Rovers strip today btw.... Beauty!

8)

Hank Scorpio scored a contender for goal of the season from someone in a Rovers strip today btw.... Beauty!

It was indeed a beauty. You scored a cracker yourself Andy, although the penalties could maybe do with a bit of work. :P

:lol:

I was on a watered down hattrick too. Were you playing as well?

Unfortunately not, I was a mere spectator. Hopefully if it's on again in the future I'll be able to grace the hallowed turf, looked like great fun.

I don't think being given Man of the Match just before you took the penalty helped!

I've got two blisters on the back of my feet and I can barely walk, but it was an excellent experience. It was great getting to go out and play where I've been watching us play for 14 years, although being in the stands you never appreciate how big the pitch actually is!

McGlynn and Smith were excellent - both were ripping the pish out of each other all game.

I was pretty chuffed to hit in the winning penalty, though. :D

I was thinking after the game - that couldn't have went any better today. Sitting in the changing room before the game, and Paul Smith throws me the armband and tells me to lead them out, then go out and have an amazing time playing. Then score an absolute screamer, the game finishes in a high scoring draw, then I score a penalty in the shoot out and we win overall.

A truly tremendous day, I still can't get the grin off my puss.

Unfortunately not, I was a mere spectator. Hopefully if it's on again in the future I'll be able to grace the hallowed turf, looked like great fun.

I don't think being given Man of the Match just before you took the penalty helped!

I was talking to one of the boys about what they were going to do with their penalty and I told him that I was just going to smash it a la Bairdy in the first game of the season. Did just that but leant back too far and my kick ended up troubling the South stand seats.

Definitely do it next year bud. It was brilliant.

I intend on being a tad fitter for next year. :ph34r: