The New Raith Rovers Thread

I absolutely respect the folk saying they wouldn't return should this Newco mob get into the First Division and I would love to say I would join them as I completely understand and agree with their reasons for boycotting. I'll be honest though, after thirty-ish years of supporting the Rovers, it would be difficult for me to give up.

I have a season ticket but I won't be going back to Starks if Rangers are in our league.

Not sure how to take that one?

Seems like you are taking your wrath out on your own club.

If you mean that the NewCo comes in and we (our BoD) have voted in favour of it then I understand your stance.

If on the other hand you are stating that you'll damn all Scottish football on the principal then I'm not sure I'm with you at all,

unless of course you intend to boycott all games in the knowlege that your club already has your money but will not see your attendance on point of principal.

Is it any of the above?

I hate Rangers and Celtic and wish they would both leave Scotland completely but failing that the 3rd div for both would be great.

It'd be a travesty if they were allowed straight into the 1st Div but even that is preferable to their going straight into the SPL.

Emailed the club last night saying if they supported SevCo then I won't be returning. Glad to see that piece in the media. Too much bigotry and corruption brought about by the now deceased Rangers Fc and it will continue with their reincarnation. Throw in the personal edge of spending more on security as a result of McCoist's witchhunt and we shouldn't be supporting him. Well done Turnbull!

What would be the point? I mean, for the past 8 years we've spent trying to reduce our deficit and pay our mortgage for the stadium. We've lived a hand to mouth existence in that time taking what gates we can. Why should we continue to live in such a manner when you have Rangers who simply come back with a new company, keep their history and come right back into the game at first division level. To me, it would be utterly pointless if one club can act so morally defunct and get let away with it by dropping down one division. If they drop down into the first, I'll be all the more encouraged to drop out of the one thing I love about Kirkcaldy, save up and go about and see the world.

This.

I can't honestly say I wouldn't be back however if Newco get into the 1st I won't be renewing my season ticket. I will probably be back at some stage but no nearly as many games as before.

Not sure how to take that one?

Seems like you are taking your wrath out on your own club.

If you mean that the NewCo comes in and we (our BoD) have voted in favour of it then I understand your stance.

If on the other hand you are stating that you'll damn all Scottish football on the principal then I'm not sure I'm with you at all,

unless of course you intend to boycott all games in the knowlege that your club already has your money but will not see your attendance on point of principal.

Is it any of the above?

I hate Rangers and Celtic and wish they would both leave Scotland completely but failing that the 3rd div for both would be great.

It'd be a travesty if they were allowed straight into the 1st Div but even that is preferable to their going straight into the SPL.

My view is that this is bigger than the club. If a new club are allowed entry into division 1 then that would mean one rule for that new club (and Celtic, probably) and another for everyone else. For that reason I would no longer wish to be a part of Scottish football. I can't even see their right to entry into the third division, given that every other applicant must produce three years of audited accounts. Every criminal must face some sort of punishment. One year in division 1 followed by probable promotion to the SPL makes a mockery of any justice system after more than ten years of cheating. More importantly, it would make the SFA one of the most corrupt footballing bodies in the world. Want to be a part of that?

Will the guy who set it up still be running it when he's locked up or is this something to keep him amused while he's living in one of HM's big houses?

Any Rovers fan who joins anything created by this dirty b*****d should be ashamed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...t-fife-18402408

Admirable as it is, your concern for our well being, can you prove the link between the web site and the individual that you accuse?

Can any of you tell me what style of footballer Iain Davidson is and if you reckon he will get a game at Dens this season?

He is like Messi, Ronaldo and Rooney combined!

Seriously he is a decent midfielder who can break up play well. He won't score many goals and has a few discipline problems. Will most likely get sent off at one of the games at Starks Park this season.

He did seem to divide opinion amongst Rovers fans and his play is far from fancy. He is prone to a few cock ups if you play him in defence.

edit. I'd have kept him but I don't begrudge him going to a team that has SPL ambitions. (Apparently for less money than we were prepared to offer)

Edited by mrpaddyx

My view is that this is bigger than the club. If a new club are allowed entry into division 1 then that would mean one rule for that new club (and Celtic, probably) and another for everyone else. For that reason I would no longer wish to be a part of Scottish football. I can't even see their right to entry into the third division, given that every other applicant must produce three years of audited accounts. Every criminal must face some sort of punishment. One year in division 1 followed by probable promotion to the SPL makes a mockery of any justice system after more than ten years of cheating. More importantly, it would make the SFA one of the most corrupt footballing bodies in the world. Want to be a part of that?

While I agree that it's a bigger issue than the club it's also as you say a bigger issue than that Newco as well, Scottish football should be a bigger issue than just the Old Firm but it's not. Sadly for a much longer time than I've been watching the Rovers that's been exactly the case and in consequence the OF has moulded the game into the sack of shit we have today.

Giving up on watching the Rovers on this point of principal is akin to me of throwing the baby out with the bath water though. Whilst I entirely agree with facts (as clearly we both see it) that Rangers Newco should not be entitled to automatic entry to the 3rd Div we all know that they will be more of a revenue draw in football than say Cove Rangers or Spartans. With this in mind the outcome is damn near 1,000,000 to 1 on that they'll get back in.

Likewise it will of course for a whole catalogue of reasons be wrong if they were to be allowed into the 1st but in this case (as much as I detest them and Celtic) it may yet be worth it if the boundaries were shifted and the power was shifted away from them. Couple that to a restructuring which increased league size and had more promotion places and it might, just might be worth it.

There are too many self serving twats running Scottish football and not enough being done to improve the standards and quality of the over all game.

I don't want Rangers coming straight into the 1st Div. In fact I don't want Rangers or Celtic in the Scottish game at all but if they are to be there there has to be changes and now the best time to get them IMO.

Whatever happens and what ever league a Newco comes or doesn't come into I'll not be stopping following my team. They've fucked up the game IMO in Scotland and my team is struggling partly because of the mess they've got the game in but stopping going to watch the Rovers would only kill them off the quicker. As has and is being proved no matter what happens those two will always survive in some twisted and debautched form or another.

As I said I admire the principal behind your stance though.