The New Raith Rovers Thread

1345663095[/url]' post='6554079']

There's been no rain since lunchtime. Strange decision.

There was standing water on the pitch, according to chairman ref turned up took one look , called the game off , and put his hand out for his fee......raging....

Weird memories of that day..

We took the B roads towards Firhill that day. Some idiot decided to drive on the same side of the road as us before swerving away at the last moment. Thought the coast was clear, but because my dad heavily broke, the guy behind rammed into the back of us..had to be a 4x4 with bull bars as well. Luckly no damage to the running of the car and we got to the game.

The result sure made up for that incident I tell ya!

Edited by Wardy

Don't think I'd ever seen the highlights of that game. I'd forgotten the goals apart from Holmes's header (and subsequent badge-kissing). I remember Fergie being uncharacteristically quiet until giving us a proper earful as we were on our way out.

"Oh, Jimmy's secure in his job, yeah." Hmmm.

Cheers for these, dan.

What a fucking disgusting draw. Literally the worst possible.

I know fans of all sides reckon they get a rough deal from cup draws, but in the last 15 years have we had any good ones? Aberdeen at home a few years back was nice, but then that was the last 16 of the Scottish Cup. You expect a decent draw then. That apart I'm struggling.

we drew Motherwell in the cup a few seasons back, think thats when we had Borris in the side and we lost 3-1 but we should of at least got a draw out of it

Effective home game for me, I'm happy enough with that. Would rather we just started treating the Ramsden's with the contempt it deserves and stick out a few of the reserves for this one though.

Well Laidlaw is already in goals for this one, id like to see Callaghan get a start as well and if Hill is suspended maybe partner Wilson or Donaldson at the back with Ellis

we drew Motherwell in the cup a few seasons back, think thats when we had Borris in the side and we lost 3-1 but we should of at least got a draw out of it

Well Laidlaw is already in goals for this one, id like to see Callaghan get a start as well and if Hill is suspended maybe partner Wilson or Donaldson at the back with Ellis

Yup, should maybe think about giving Lewis Vaughn some game time as well and start Spence up front.

Edited by renton

Brilliant, Dan!

I'm so chuffed to see that. I went to that game with my Dad and a bloke from his work. The guy's brother worked at the ground so we were hanging around outside when the players came out. I've got a programme somewhere covered in autographs.

Didier Agathe spoke no English, and my Dad became possibly the worst translator in history as he put his textbook French to work. I'm not convinced any of the quotes from Agathe in the papers were his own words!

That's one of my favourite ever Rovers games. There was a debate at half time on the subject of where Agathe had come from. At least one bloke suggested we'd bought him from Ajax!

Looking back on it, that was a fantastic side we had then....

McVeigh's methods might've been questionable but we were getting results under him. I think we might have had a decent run at promotion if he'd remained in charge for the whole season......

Dan, can I ask how you're getting these online? I take it the games come from VHS originally?

Simply a case of sitting my phone on a wee desk in front of the TV, recording the video and then editing the file a wee bit on the computer. Tedious yes, but it'll be worth it as the VHS tapes are starting to age quite badly. There are a few games I haven't even bothered with because the quality was so poor.