The New Raith Rovers Thread

Happy with the appointment and he seems ambitious with the club matching his thinking. Hopefully some positive steps forward with our signings over the next few weeks

Comes across confident and certainly knows what he's wanting in terms of the direction of the football club, really refreshing compared to most of Murrays interviews and certainly instills abit of confidence in my self that he can attract the right type of player and play the type of football the fans wish to watch.

Another good interview on Raith TV.

Great to hear he isn't wasting anytime in building his team for next year.

Looking forward to the season.

No but he did say he is going to talk to certain players first and then decide who to bring in. He is not going to be rushed into making signings, he will assemble a squiad that suits his requirements ans style of play. Impressive to say the least.

Was on loan at Dumbarton last season - worth asking in their thread what they thought of him.

All rumours, though, and McKinnon is only just in the door. Would imagine he'll speak to current squad first.

Darren petrie done one thing of note with us in his months on loan, I think he scored a peach at falkirk.

That could be it, think he got a shirt because we needed numbers as opposed to his quality.

Really good interview by the new gaffer, I like how he says he'll use any formation to get the W. Hopefully we become a really hard, difficult & frustrating team to play when we're away from home. At home hopefully a more attacking mentality which I think he'll bring.

Off the cuff question, anyone know the name of the song on the intro to the Raith TV interviews?

I never really rated Darren Petrie during his loan spell for Brechin. Good passer of the ball but not really sure what other strengths he has. Our subsequent central midfield loanees in Kyle McAusland and Jamie Masson offered far more in my opinion.

I'd give or take him at Glebe Park, so make of that what you will.

Darren petrie done one thing of note with us in his months on loan, I think he scored a peach at falkirk.

That could be it, think he got a shirt because we needed numbers as opposed to his quality.

Aye, I'm not sure what Petrie's meant to be. He came as a "left sided, tough tackling midfielder" but I didn't see any evidence of that. In fact, he actually had to go off at Livi after he didn't fully commit to a 50/50. It doesn't surprise me that we don't appear to be back in for him now that he's been released.