The New Raith Rovers Thread

(Cameron was, mostly, a success at Cowdenbeath - took them up in his first season, kept them up in his second; left after a bad spell quite early in his third. But no, it didn't go well at Berwick and I doubt he'd be a likely candidate, much as I love him.)

Or Berwick. If he never played for the club or was local that suggestion would be laughed at.

Gary Jardine or Shelley Kerr for me. If rather have a manager that's done well at a level below us than one who has failed and a level above us.

Latapy anybody? Marv and Rougier in as assistants? I'd take that.

Yeah, Nicholl's name was mentioned on fantalk as well for fucksakes.

Was the billy big baws no Robbie Earle

Nah, was definitely Graham Roberts.

Latapy would be an interesting choice given his claims that black managers do not get a chance in Scotland. Surely his team would play good football after learning under John Hughes.

Would love Toni Calderon back though.

I wonder what will become of the coaching staff, Taylor and Johnson are part time are they not? And will Ellis stay?

Taylor and Johnson will surely be on their way. With Ellis being out of contract there is every chance he'll be gone as well.

I don't get the support for Calderon, however unrealistic a candidate he is.

He had us limping to promotion with one of the lowest winning points totals ever and then we scraped survival the next season.

According to the Record Johnston and Ellis will be going with Ray......gutted to see Laurie go. He would have been good for the new manager with him knowing the squad and the youth players

All the best to him!

Edited by Rover1990

Wouldn't take the record as gospel tbh.

I'd assume the club would inform us if Ellis was off. It might be good for him to get a change of venue, he's been here for, what? 8 years, 4 as a coach?

Edited by renton

Billy Reid was my choice this time last year and still think he would be a good option. Hamilton are essentially a model of what a small club can achieve, and he was the one that set up that success. Great experience at bringing through youth players and giving them a chance in the first team, which is a huge part of what the club are trying to do.

He's currently assistant at Swedish side Ostensunds, and has been there since 2013 according to Wiki.

Billy Reid was my choice this time last year and still think he would be a good option. Hamilton are essentially a model of what a small club can achieve, and he was the one that set up that success. Great experience at bringing through youth players and giving them a chance in the first team, which is a huge part of what the club are trying to do.

He's currently assistant at Swedish side Ostensunds, and has been there since 2013 according to Wiki.

I may not be recollecting accurately, but I seem to remember Reid's team not being that great (particularly on the eye), and then Neil came in and they were like a whole new side.