The New Raith Rovers Thread

I agree with you.

It's annoying - Baird signed a 2-year deal with us for security, and has now touted himself for a move. Whilst I can't blame him for wanting to play at a higher level, I find what he's done to be a bit disrespectful to the club and to his fellow players. I know it's not a transfer request per se, but it's certainly one of those 'come and get me' pleas. I'm disappointed in the manner he's gone about this, and there will be a few people who're going to give him a hard time if he ends up staying here. That's also unfortunate.

I'll also hold my hands up to moaning about the contracts of Williamson and Weir. However, that's mostly because I believe these players aren't what we need/needed in order to progress. I'm probably a bit young to say for sure, but I'd imagine fan loyalty has always been based around a player's ability.

how do we know Bairdy hasnt been told of another club ready to bid or else and he has just came forward and said if it meats your valuation i wouldnt mind a crack at the spl ffs some ppl need to really get a grip and who said baird went to the ffp they have foned him and asked him the article doesnt even say he wants away just that if it comes he wuld like a chance! Fantalk is a disgrace fucking taliban extremist on there

I think you're seeing something that's not there. This is what was in the FFP:

1) Baird feels he's done his duty in the lower leagues and would like a crack at the SPL.

2) Dave Somerville says he will let him go if the valuation is met. He also said there has been an enquiry, but nothing else.

So unless you think the chairman is lying, I'd suggest the desire for a move has come off Baird's own back. Unless, that is, he's been tapped up. However, that's an entirely different matter.

Pretend Baird plays for someone else for a second. He's just won the SPFA First Division Player of the year. If he is to get a move to the SPL, and a good one, with security, it is this summer. While I'm sure he is tremendously grateful for the faith and security offered him by McGlynn and the club, this is 'his time' if you like, and he has to consider any chance afforded him to step up, whoever has set the wheels in motion, be it another club, his agent, or himself. Does anyone seriously think Liverpool will be back in for Charlie Adam this summer?

There will be 16 guys at the club next year working their baws aff for the club (provided McGlynn is still in charge) - just get behind them, whoever they are.