The New Raith Rovers Thread

22 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

I’m obviously in a minority on here, which is absolutely fine, but my last word on this is that we are aiming to be a community club. If you want to be that, then you have to be representative of the community. The community is both male and female. The Board at the moment is exclusively male and as far as I’m aware is refusing to let the democratically elected supporters director - who happens to be a female - onto the board. That’s not a good look. It was also just over a year ago we signed a rapist and dragged the reputation of the club through the mud and lost our whole women’s team, which shows absolutely no sign of returning. In that context, when we have a tagline that says ‘Leave no one behind’ should we be doing everything we can to be inclusive? Yes. Does tweeting nudge nudge, wink wink sexualised language in the name of banter to get likes on Twitter fit in to being an open and inclusive club for all? For me no, but others may disagree. But it’s all about opinion. There were folk in our support who would have accepted Goodwillie if he scored goals. The joys of being a Rovers fan. 

Please can you stop. You’ve already worked out yourself that you’re in a minority of 3/4 people out of 3 million plus. If that doesn’t tell you something then nothing will. 
Not to get too political but it’s agitating and dismal having to pander people who are offended. As Ricky Gervais once said - “you found it offensive, I found it funny that’s why I’m happier than you” Or “just because you found it offensive, doesn’t mean you’re right”.

To then link it in some incredible way to Goodwillie is laughable and embarrassing imo for you. 

Can only imagine the disdain you have for all those naughty boys at the back of the south stand that sing those songs with all the sweary words….

2 hours ago, Offshore Rover said:

Ach jog on. A tongue in cheek post that is showing us in a good light and you are complaining about and pulling the “ohhh look at me, I’m so mature. How dare someone make a funny post on social media” card. Over 3 million views on Twitter and you are complaining. Look at where we were last January with people commenting on social media from our signing back then. Honestly. 

Word 

2 hours ago, roverthemoon said:

Look forward to more penis, fart and sex jokes then. All about the audience. Genuine community club. Leave no one behind. 

Bet your fun at party’s.. defo the dork boy folk avoid at staggs 

Edited by Raith_Rasta

10 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I'm quite happy to give Dick a new deal because he's a solid, dependable player who rarely has a poor game, but we must sign a left back and two centre backs capable of keeping him out of the team if we are looking to progress.

Eh??

Well, I’m definitely in the minority here…

Saw the post on social media, thought “I’m reasonably happy Liam Dick has re-signed for us” and then came on here to see what everyone else thought. I had to go back and look at the post again to see what you were all on about!

I get it (now I’ve re-read it), I’m not offended by it but neither am I rolling on the floor laughing about it - obviously too subtle, for me, if I didn’t even notice it in the first place! It’s gathered some good figures for selling future sponsorship space and conveyed some club news. Feels like it’s achieved it’s purpose as well as generating a lot of (mostly) cheery chatter about a signing that a lot of people might not have been too excited about.

I hate close season. “Dick extension” is shaping up to be the new Gary Glen.

7 hours ago, roverthemoon said:

I’m obviously in a minority on here, which is absolutely fine, but my last word on this is that we are aiming to be a community club. If you want to be that, then you have to be representative of the community. The community is both male and female. The Board at the moment is exclusively male and as far as I’m aware is refusing to let the democratically elected supporters director - who happens to be a female - onto the board. That’s not a good look. It was also just over a year ago we signed a rapist and dragged the reputation of the club through the mud and lost our whole women’s team, which shows absolutely no sign of returning. In that context, when we have a tagline that says ‘Leave no one behind’ should we be doing everything we can to be inclusive? Yes. Does tweeting nudge nudge, wink wink sexualised language in the name of banter to get likes on Twitter fit in to being an open and inclusive club for all? For me no, but others may disagree. But it’s all about opinion. There were folk in our support who would have accepted Goodwillie if he scored goals. The joys of being a Rovers fan. 

This you ? 👇

Screenshot_20230517_062332_WhatsApp.thumb.jpg.9d9065196a3b584963f55b0d40ca4eb3.jpg

I can't believe there are some offended by this 😂

My 12 year old daughter read the tweet, the innuendo sailed miles over her head and she is just genuinely delighted that her favourite player has signed a new contract.

Not everyone's head is in the gutter. 

Mine is though and I had a wee chuckle at it. 

54 minutes ago, Hadji said:

This you ? 👇

Screenshot_20230517_062332_WhatsApp.thumb.jpg.9d9065196a3b584963f55b0d40ca4eb3.jpg

Not just a minority of one at least!

Already accepted that my view is not what most others think. If it can genuinely be monetised in some way and there’s a long term benefit the club then happy to hold my hands up, but would still prefer the club took a more inclusive approach. 

Edited by roverthemoon

2 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Not just a minority of one at least!

Already accepted that my view is not what most others think. If it can genuinely be monetised in some way and there’s a long term benefit the club then happy to hold my hands up, but would still prefer the club took a more inclusive approach. 

It's not an exclusive approach. It's a single tweet, currently sitting at 5m+ views and overwhelmingly positive comments.

You and a few others took offence. There's a difference.

We can move on.

7 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

It's not an exclusive approach. It's a single tweet, currently sitting at 5m+ views and overwhelmingly positive comments.

We can move on.

Fair point and agree about moving on. The new owners are a definite upgrade on Sim from what I’ve seen and heard so far, even with any discomfort at a tweet. 

Edited by roverthemoon

18 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

We can move on.

I didn't take offence initially, more that I didn't think it appropriate. 

I reacted before considering it to be honest. I'll put that down to 04:30am alarms making me grumpier than normal. 

Love it or hate it, Ruaridh has put great attention on the club which can only act as a bargaining chip when trying to bring new advertisers on board. 

Hahaha the state of some people on this. I’m not naming any names but there’s a few individuals on this and on twitter who are “offended” at this announcement which has gone viral, who were also happy that we signed a convicted rapist.

It is a tweet made by a man whose job is to be good at social media. He knows what he’s doing better than anyone on this forum. When’s the last time a Raith Rovers post got over a million views? I’ll wait.