The New Raith Rovers Thread

I think it will be Brown in midfield and Corr/new lad. Would probably prefer the option of Brown remaining with Oreilly and Stanton/Easton central.

That aside fair play to the club for trying to drum up interest with what seems like constant emails. I'm just completely Meh about the fixture. Pub it is and in figuring out why I'm not that excited its either the 4th derby of 6 that doesnt inspire, ticket price isnt great but on reflection not crazy or because we're facing big league based opps.Β 

Disappointed about the away strips as it's a missed opp. Doesnt sound like the clubs fault but christmas kits need to be sent to santa as a "pre-order" voucher doesn't cut it. Expect to end up in JD sports Hell giving into PSG type guff instead.Β 

Have Rovers ever done Christmas jumpers?Β 

Β 

There are still a few seats left on The Weavers bus from Katherine Street for our cup game. Costs Β£12 adults,Β£8 kids. Contact Stevie Gray if interested

07528 040392. Bus leaves at 6.45 pm prompt so be there for 6.30ish.

1 hour ago, Jilted John said:

I’m surprised at how many people think we will start with Corr and O’reilly at the back. I’d put money on it being Brown and not Corr at the back. I think Stanton will drop deeper and McGill might possibly come back into the midfield.

I’m more surprised at the omission of Masson vice Corr…yes, he’s questionable for the match with that head knock, but it’s an open question which of the two is better right now,

Edited by TxRover

Just now, TxRover said:

I’m more surprised at the omission of Masson vice Corr…yes, he’s questionable, but it’s an open question which of the two is better right now,

It’s a no brainer. Corr all day long even from the few games I have saw. He’s more threatening and demanding. Can hold the ball and has some killer passes. Β My reasoning for this is brown was injured when he played and he had no natural CM infront of him. Β I think he would be good for the laddieΒ 
Β 

masson looks ver nervous every game. Will be interesting to see O’Reilly as my fist comment stands about why he’s not had. Club before now πŸ₯Έ

Β 

Β 

4 hours ago, mrraith71 said:

If o’reilly was a decent player why has he not had a club before now? He’s not played for 6 months. Quite concerningΒ 

Because the Irish season contracts seem to run Jan 1-Dec 31? He was out of contract with the Accies in Jun, so at least half the Irish season was complete when he became free. Take another month or two off to rest and see if there are any offers and it’s then game day 26 or 27 in Ireland and Scottish fitba has started again, and you’re a free player who can be signed by anyone. Then it comes down to 1) was he being picky about only signing a full time offer and 2) what full time squad needed a CB enough to sign him.

1 hour ago, Jilted John said:

I’m surprised at how many people think we will start with Corr and O’reilly at the back. I’d put money on it being Brown and not Corr at the back. I think Stanton will drop deeper and McGill might possibly come back into the midfield.

I think people (me included) thinks this is the best time to get a game because let’s be real when Murray and Byrne returns Murray will slot into CH next to O’Reilly and Brown will go back into midfield and if he doesn’t play tonight when is the next time is he realistically gonna play?Β 

26 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Even with a bigger squad, it's still not really possible when at least six players must be injured at any one time.

1 hour ago, pub car king said:

Fine with that, it costs a lot of money to setup and maintain. Extra players, coaches etc all cost money and that has to come from somewhere. Even through the community foundation, its unlikely that its coached at a level that would allow a natural progression. My nephew is in one of the younger years and the lack of proper training and technical work is years behind where it probably should be for something like that.Β 

20 minutes ago, renton said:

This is like one of @TxRover's nightmare lineups....

It’s one from my nightmares, alright. I’m still trying to cobble a formation out of that….

Big Kev….

Millen, Brown, O’Reilly, Connolly(here, RM or RW)

Smith (or RW with Connolly here), Stanton, Easton, Mullin

(Possibly Connolly or Smith), Hamilton, Vaughan?

Β