The New Raith Rovers Thread

Class time to be following the Rovers. It's fucking magic when your team just keep finding ways to win, week after week.

Fair fucks. For what it's worth I'd like to see yous keep this up all the way. One of us diddies has to at some point, surely.

Edited by AuAl

I had a feeling at 3-2 down we'd come back and win, such is the belief and character in the squad. However, the goals we conceded tonight made for grim viewing, especially when goal difference could well end up being a major factor come the end of the season.  Murray spoke of bringing in a  "pacy winger" when interviewed by the pundits, but I think we require a proper , commanding center half.

I was caught in traffic going through Stonehaven and was extremely close to turning round and just watching the game in the boozer.  Thank the absolute f**k I didn't.

I was certain at 3-2 that we were going to lose, and was raging at how we had thrown it away.  Wrong again.

On 11/04/2023 at 23:09, Right in the Stanchion said:

Been following Murray's fortunes at Raith and I can speak from experience he is worth riding it out for. There were times at Airdrie when everycunt wanted him for the chop but the board stuck with him and once he was given a crack at formulating a team that he actually wanted his system worked a treat.

But was same with us what you're going through now - spent a season and a half or so with - what it seemed like - him signing the only players that were available at the time and chucking them into a formation and it didn't really stick. But I reckon there's a seriously good coach in there where once he's got the tools he needs he can make a really formidable outfit

David Brent GIF - The Office Ricky Gervais Stare - Discover & Share GIFs.gif

25 minutes ago, philpy said:

I had a feeling at 3-2 down we'd come back and win, such is the belief and character in the squad. However, the goals we conceded tonight made for grim viewing, especially when goal difference could well end up being a major factor come the end of the season.  Murray spoke of bringing in a  "pacy winger" when interviewed by the pundits, but I think we require a proper , commanding center half.

If we get Watson back fit I think we'll be fine at centre half. I'm not sure we need another wide player, but it's true that we do lack pace out wide so I can see where he's coming from. 

Either way, what a night that was tonight. Could've been about 4 or 5 goals ahead, lost the plot completely for 20 minutes and then somehow turned it around again. What a team. 

What a game last night. We were brilliant for long spells, had a mini collapse and still managed to turn it around with the subs coming of a strong bench making a difference. Brown helped to control things in midfield, Connolly provided a threat and Smith changed the game with a goal and an assist.

I looked at the clock and said to the guy that sits behind me, don't worry, it's  on 73 minutes, another 2 minutes and we'll start to play again 😂 it feels like the clocks going back but the hoodoo only lasts for 75 minutes and then bang

Edited by MICMAC

At 2-0 I thought Murray should make a change in shape to make us harder to beat. At 2-1 we where crying out for it with thistle on the ascendancy. At 2-2 I bemoaned Brian graham. At 3-2 I told a friend we'd win the game. Which pretty much sums up how little we all think we know about football and how much we know about this team. An absolute joy to watch and actually feel like you're a part of as a fan, which is great credit to the players and management team and even the board with the free buses for next weekend. 

11 hours ago, TxRover said:

You kinda get the idea the Village Idiots on the board might just be a wee bit smarter than we first thought! There is a definite sense of these people know what the f**k they are doing! Too many people would witter about effectively supporting Dundee by promoting away fans, without realizing the goodwill a simple gesture like this can engender. It could really make for an epic inside matchday feature too!

Do you work for Sky Sports? 

7 hours ago, CALDERON said:

I was caught in traffic going through Stonehaven and was extremely close to turning round and just watching the game in the boozer.  Thank the absolute f**k I didn't.

I was certain at 3-2 that we were going to lose, and was raging at how we had thrown it away.  Wrong again.

It's almost like you've not watched us this season. 😁 Previous seasons I'd have agreed with you there, but right now it's almost like we have this expectation that we'll always get back into things.

What a game. Watched some of the live coverage back when I got it and it was just as good on TV.

We totally controlled the 1st half like we did at ICT. I thought when we scored the 2nd that this was the game where we dish out a league hammering on a Friday night.

God knows what happened when we went 2 up.

Moving Brown into the middle of the park made the difference.
Big shout out to all the subs actually-especially Callum Smith who was class when he came on. He  definitely starts up at Arbroath for me.

43 minutes ago, SerieA said:

Anyone else notice Brown’s lack of celebrations last night?

Yeah I did. I'm guessing he was miffed at not starting, which is fine by me as long as there is nothing more than that to it. I'm sure he'll be back in the starting line up at Arbroath. 

1 hour ago, SerieA said:

Anyone else notice Brown’s lack of celebrations last night?

Stanton was one of the first players down the tunnel at FT, which I suppose isn't totally unusual. Seemed a bit more of a relived celebration from the players last night. Maybe even “sorry about that, but you’s knew we were going to win right? “ 

26 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

No post match interviews last night? 

Was just going to post that too, I want to hear the managers take and indeed anything available on that performance.

Ended up next to the "choir" last night and thought it would break me for 90 minutes. Left smiling at kids getting exactly what a great football team should be giving them. 

What a laugh it is watching Rovers. 

Well that was a very enjoyable game of football and a great advert for the Scottish Championship. Thistle have a decent team but seem to blow hot and cold and certainly didn’t turn up until after H/T. Absolutely love this Raith team at the moment they just don’t give up 2-0 up and cruising and then an absolute disaster sees Thistle with their tails up and looking like they’ve destroyed us with 3 goals.  Couple of changes and we come back to win it AGAIN! I don’t know if IM can somehow keep this run going but god it’s great to watch.  If (always a big if) we can get a result up at Arbroath that’ll put serious distance between us snd 3rd place setting up a cracking game with Dundee Utd. 

That was some game, 2 really good footballing teams slugging it out. We maybe should’ve had more goals in that first half. But alas we didn’t. The goal after the restart was a welcome relief, however that didn’t last long. I watched the game from my death bed (flu). We fell to pieces after we got our second. But by god we came back big time. What is it with this team. Never say die🤘🏼