The New Raith Rovers Thread

Anyone remember in Calderons first season we had "We are Family" as the tune for when the team came out, scored etc?

Im sure it lasted two games, until one half time, some wee 15 year old lassie sang it in front of the South Stand and got total dogs abuse :lol:

I seem to recall Thin Lizzy "the boys are back in town" being played for a while pre-match around 14-15 years ago.

Can anyone recall this or is my mind playing horrible tricks on me?

Yes I remember that. Truly awful

Simple Minds Alive and Kicking was another long standing tune especially after Reclaim the Rovers

I think most clubs struggle with music. The one that stuck out was Stirling Albion who used to throw in a lot of decent indie stuff.

Club tunes are usually cringeworthy but likeable. I like the Queens Park one about playing for the sake of the game but the best by far is the Hearts Song for me. A great song and people join in with it. In that respect Geordie Munro is decent enough as its at least a well written folk song about Kirkcaldy and its unique. When we have a decent away crowd and we belt it out then it is great. Other music themes I like are Killie's paper roses as its so random and the Pars into the valley is ok.

The only goal music I might have tolerated long term was the can can song because at least there was a link to the Munich game but that stopped pretty quickly

The worst is the generic popular stuff that everyone latches onto, Chelsea dagger, song 2, carnival de Paris and clubs usually kicks the arse out of these for years as we're currently experiencing with Chelsea dagger.

Edited by roverthemoon

Unsure if it has any relevance but the timestamp is showing me on the app that your post was made in 1970 pc. Were the racoons about that time?

I wasn't even around at that time! Just as well my mums tv had poor reception that night or i wouldn't be here

sure it was late 80s/early 90s number

I think most clubs struggle with music. The one that stuck out was Stirling Albion who used to throw in a lot of decent indie stuff.

Club tunes are usually cringeworthy but likeable. I like the Queens Park one about playing for the sake of the game but the best by far is the Hearts Song for me. A great song and people join in with it. In that respect Geordie Munro is decent enough as its at least a well written folk song about Kirkcaldy and its unique. When we have a decent away crowd and we belt it out then it is great. Other music themes I like are Killie's paper roses as its so random and the Pars into the valley is ok.

The only goal music I might have tolerated long term was the can can song because at least there was a link to the Munich game but that stopped pretty quickly

The worst is the generic popular stuff that everyone latches onto, Chelsea dagger, song 2, carnival de Paris and clubs usually kicks the arse out of these for years as we're currently experiencing with Chelsea dagger.

Dundee have a very catchy song relating to their club as well.

I don't know the lyrics as I'm not fluent in gadgie but I hum it for a while after I've heard it.

I wasn't even around at that time! Just as well my mums tv had poor reception that night or i wouldn't be here

sure it was late 80s/early 90s number

I heard your Da say if your mum hadn't come back from the bingo early your DNA would have been discarded onto on old sock...

:P

Agree with the consensus - goal music is pants.

Unfortunately, it's not going to go away anytime soon. If we could change it to something else it would at least be a welcome change. Chelsea Dagger's time was when I was 17/18 and I think it's time to acknowledge it's more than had its day.

I Think most agree goal music is not required I think the roar of the crowd is more than enough and you don't need to add any cheesy music to the moment all that does is stops the crowd from singing in my opinion. Be good if we could stop this one as no need for it keep music for the start/end/HT.

As for Geordie Munro I think doing a remix of a traditional song will always be a bit Marmite for most people, I don't mind it but prefer the original at the start as the fans can then join in but more than hapy to hear the other version played at other times maybe during halftime or even at the end as people are leaving. BIGQ FAE KDY think everyone appreciates the efforts of all involved we are a small club and every effort to raise money for the club is very welcome.

Perhaps the goal music is something the supporters member on the board could raise as i'm sure if its something many would be happy to not have the board would change it.

I heard your Da say if your mum hadn't come back from the bingo early your DNA would have been discarded onto on old sock...

:P

Yup forearm like Arnie. To be fair there are often times walking through Fife I wonder if someone's sock had been used instead the world would be a better place