The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, RaithRyan said:

Not sure if posted already, but Open Goal podcast release later today, the gaffer is on after getting Manager of the Month. Normally some decent viewings with some class stories!

The club are doing a great job in raising the profile. Seems like we are the must talk to outfit just now. 

I might even break my Si Ferry boycott if reports are good. Others love it and fair play but not my cuppa coffee. 

1 minute ago, The Tiel Burn said:

The club are doing a great job in raising the profile. Seems like we are the must talk to outfit just now. 

I might even break my Si Ferry boycott if reports are good. Others love it and fair play but not my cuppa coffee. 

I don’t mind Si Ferry’s interviews, I actually think he’s really good at them. It’s his entourage I can’t stand. Folk like Slaney, Ferguson etc. thankfully this one looks like it’s just him and Murray.

1 minute ago, Raithie said:

They've not put the 'good morning' post on Twitter. Either they've forgotten or it's just a generic post on Instagram that means nothing.

Or they are trying to drive more traffic to other social media channels to boost their engagement since Twitter is the one social media channel that trumps all for engagement. 

Was a bit on the fence whether to head through to Livingston this week after the last couple of results, weather etc. Lewis Vaughan signing on and all the social media that has accompanied it has inspired me again though so tickets now bought.

Mon the Rovers!!

57 minutes ago, Double Jack D said:

Was a bit on the fence whether to head through to Livingston this week after the last couple of results, weather etc. Lewis Vaughan signing on and all the social media that has accompanied it has inspired me again though so tickets now bought.

Mon the Rovers!!

Surely you stick by the team through good and bad and not just when they are winning? 

weather is pretty pants though 🙈

38 minutes ago, mrraith71 said:

Surely you stick by the team through good and bad and not just when they are winning? 

After our recent run you can hardly blame anyone for not bothering about an away match we'll most likely lose.

13 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

After our recent run you can hardly blame anyone for not bothering about an away match we'll most likely lose.

Nah, I follow home and away irrespective of what league we’re playing in or how current form is. 

I feel sorry to those who’ve not went to away games this season..been tremendous. Atmosphere and results wise top notch - Tannadice, Hampden, Partick, Ayr, ICT, Pars x 3, Abroath. Lots of late winners, big away crowds and good atmosphere.

Rightly or wrongly I feel it gives me more right to have a wee moan more so than the armchair highlights experts.

That last home game must be the worst atmosphere I’ve experienced at Starks with 3500 home fans…young team should get incentivised to come for me as it makes a world of difference.

32 minutes ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

Nah, I follow home and away irrespective of what league we’re playing in or how current form is. 

I feel sorry to those who’ve not went to away games this season..been tremendous. Atmosphere and results wise top notch - Tannadice, Hampden, Partick, Ayr, ICT, Pars x 3, Abroath. Lots of late winners, big away crowds and good atmosphere.

Rightly or wrongly I feel it gives me more right to have a wee moan more so than the armchair highlights experts.

That last home game must be the worst atmosphere I’ve experienced at Starks with 3500 home fans…young team should get incentivised to come for me as it makes a world of difference.

Whilst I'm not denying some away games this season have been superb not everyone can afford to go to the football every week. I'd never judge someone as any less of a supporter just because they maybe only go to home games or think they're opinion doesn't matter. Away games for me were few and far beween until my laddie showed an interest in the Rovers and if he had his way he'd be home and away every week but sadly that's just not affordable for us so it's a case of picking and choosing away games based on importance/distance/affordability. We've done Airdrie, Tannadice, Pars and Hampden which is a decent return for us and will be at Livi on Saturday. Your last point I agree with and said as much in the recent survey from the club. Singing section need some form of identity as right now they are just a random collection of youngsters. A group name, personalised flags, merch, tifo displays etc is what's needed. If the visual aspect of it (flares exclused) can be sorted you'll find kids wanting to be in amongst it.

1 hour ago, mrraith71 said:

Believe me, In my younger days I missed nothing and that was watching far worse Rovers sides than this one in games far worse than this Saturday will be.

With 3 young kids the Rovers now compete with other priorities on both my time and my finances therefore I tend to only make a couple of away games each season. Hell even some home games are missed despite us all having season tickets.

5 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Whilst I'm not denying some away games this season have been superb not everyone can afford to go to the football every week. I'd never judge someone as any less of a supporter just because they maybe only go to home games or think they're opinion doesn't matter. Away games for me were few and far beween until my laddie showed an interest in the Rovers and if he had his way he'd be home and away every week but sadly that's just not affordable for us so it's a case of picking and choosing away games based on importance/distance/affordability. We've done Airdrie, Tannadice, Pars and Hampden which is a decent return for us and will be at Livi on Saturday. Your last point I agree with and said as much in the recent survey from the club. Singing section need some form of identity as right now they are just a random collection of youngsters. A group name, personalised flags, merch, tifo displays etc is what's needed. If the visual aspect of it (flares exclused) can be sorted you'll find kids wanting to be in amongst it.

I probably should’ve clarified that my comments don’t apply to people who can’t afford it for obvious reasons. Not aiming this at you but it does irk somewhat that any time subjects like this affordability always comes up.

There’s 3500 home fans at the moment and 500 - 700 that’ll go to Abroath, Ayr, ICT etc. Some of that 3000 will not attend away games due to cost (nothing else needs said) but for a sizeable number they don’t go for other reasons. All I’m pointing out is the ‘best’ moments this season so far have all been away from home.

Hopefully the club push the young team again as it’s fallen by the wayside since the railway stand experiment was disbanded. 

4 minutes ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

I probably should’ve clarified that my comments don’t apply to people who can’t afford it for obvious reasons. Not aiming this at you but it does irk somewhat that any time subjects like this affordability always comes up.

There’s 3500 home fans at the moment and 500 - 700 that’ll go to Abroath, Ayr, ICT etc. Some of that 3000 will not attend away games due to cost (nothing else needs said) but for a sizeable number they don’t go for other reasons. All I’m pointing out is the ‘best’ moments this season so far have all been away from home.

Hopefully the club push the young team again as it’s fallen by the wayside since the railway stand experiment was disbanded. 

It's not even so much about pushing them as simply giving them a space to all be together.  The atmosphere they generate away from home is consistently good because they all sit stand together.  They're obviously spread out a bit at home so it's harder to get things going.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/4868510/ian-murray-raith-rovers-defensive-recruitments-thinking/

For anyone who can't read it, some of the main points are:

Ian Murray has confirmed Raith Rovers will look to beef up their defensive options in the January transfer window.

But he insists the return to fitness of Keith Watson will help inform the decision on exactly what is needed this month.

“We looked really light on Saturday but it’s not as bad as it possibly looked at the weekend.

“But, like anybody, if we can find a defender that we think will improve our team and make us better then we’ll have a look at that.”

He added: “I would expect things to move a wee bit more for everybody after the Scottish Cup ties are done and dusted and we all know where we are in that competition.

Movement

“It filters down from the Premiership to the other divisions all the time.

“Most of these teams have been away on winter training camps and will be looking at recall options on their loans and stuff like that.

“So, I would imagine maybe after this weekend things will starting moving.

“We’re always in the market for good players but at the moment we’re not down the line with anybody at all.”

5 hours ago, Stevo Fife said:

Just letting you know we're still here. Tick tock...

You are STILL here...I mean EFFC......but for how long??  Sad to see you guys bouncing around Div 2.                                                                                                                                           Would hate to see you do a COWDEN!!

2 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Honestly I don’t see any difference at all between Livvy and Rovers. Momentum is all on the side of Rovers and there is one solitary (joint) ranking between them in the wider league pyramid context.

the smart money will be on Raith Rovers all day long.