The New Raith Rovers Thread

Oh well, time for Laidlaw to step up to the challenge and prove he's worthy of the jersey.

When he got a run of games before he looked okay, but a bit suspect on crosses and in some of his decision making. But I suppose that sort of stuff may get better with games and accumulated experience.

We love you Rovers we do...

Oh Rovers we love you.

That's probably my favourite Rovers tune. Simple and catchy.

I used to like the old hello, hello we are the Rovers boys song (non sectarian version of course) in the old days.

Is anyone else loving the all white kit to the point they would like to see it stay for a few years

I still think it's strange. I still want us in blue at home. I'd have the same design right enough as I like the quality. But as time goes on, it's been a wee bit lucky for us this season.

We could be kind of snookered if Laidlaw picks up an injury anytime soon, which isn't beyond the realms of possibility considering his record over the last couple of seasons.

We'd maybe be forced to give Darren "Half Time" Hope a shout from the leisure centre in that case.He's the only person I've ever seen try desperately to stop penalties fired at him from primary school children, yet only stop around 3% of them.

When he got a run of games before he looked okay, but a bit suspect on crosses and in some of his decision making. But I suppose that sort of stuff may get better with games and accumulated experience.

McGurn is also a bit iffy on crosses to be fair.

Hopefully Laidlaw used up his quota of blunders for the season in that friendly with Hearts.

I still think it's strange. I still want us in blue at home. I'd have the same design right enough as I like the quality. But as time goes on, it's been a wee bit lucky for us this season.

I have been waiting for years for the kit to return, have many happy memories of us playing in it at ibrox and parkhead. Should always be the twa blue hoops. Seems to set us apart and things have not changed im glad to see.

How long will Davie be out for with that injury?

My knowledge acquired from years of football games says the cruciate is always a very long lay off.

The only positive news so far is that he hasn't ruptured it. Even then, I think he'll be out around six months. Not being a medical professional, that's a complete guess, but he'll be doing well to play agsin this season.

Basically he's out for the rest of the season. Really big blow and hope he makes a full and quick recovery.

Laidlaw has now be given the full support of the fans. He's a young lad and might make the odd mistake given his age and lack of experience. It's important that we don't start moaning about his performances but get right behind him. Also vital that he gets a settled defence in front of him meaning it's now more important than ever for Hill to control himself.

Edited by Ding Dang Doo

I really like the all white kit. Blue shorts would make it look a little bit too much like a Dundee away kit, for me.

Devastated at the Davie McGurn news. Hopefully it's not a long lay off and the surgeon has bionic hands of his own to get that injury repaired. It goes without saying that he's the first name on the teamsheet and we really must get behind big Laidlaw. If we can get him a song of his own before Tuesday I'd be delighted!