The New Raith Rovers Thread

Solid if not sparkling team performance today. What a save by big Kev at start of second half & Stanton was a standout again. What a difference Matthews makes when playing in that sole midfield holding role, his awareness & positioning when not in possession, along with his ball winning ability make him head & shoulders above others who try and fill that role. Others might offer more in moments with possession but the overall team definitely benefits from the wider control he brings. Finally a special mention to Lewis Vaughan who ran his socks off today, might not have scored but his general play up front set the tone for those behind him. 

Well wasn’t great from us but luckily for us that lot are rotten and 3 points and breaking the 1 goal wins is all that matters, if they had a striker other than that rotter Jakubiak they would’ve had a chance, he’s one of the worst “strikers” I’ve seen play against us for a long time…. They were hyping up that Matty Todd done a great disappearing act today nearly had to call a search party.

enough on them I thought we were slow, sluggish at time and backing off them for large parts but took the chances when presented, defensively solid today, Murray that was probably his best performance in a while, Brown comfortable so was the full backs, Big Kevs save in the 2nd half was world class made up for the howler last week, Stanton skelping them again good to see

27 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Well wasn’t great from us but luckily for us that lot are rotten and 3 points and breaking the 1 goal wins is all that matters, if they had a striker other than that rotter Jakubiak they would’ve had a chance, he’s one of the worst “strikers” I’ve seen play against us for a long time…. They were hyping up that Matty Todd done a great disappearing act today nearly had to call a search party.

enough on them I thought we were slow, sluggish at time and backing off them for large parts but took the chances when presented, defensively solid today, Murray that was probably his best performance in a while, Brown comfortable so was the full backs, Big Kevs save in the 2nd half was world class made up for the howler last week, Stanton skelping them again good to see

The backing off/sitting in is clearly a change in tactics in recent weeks.Think we’re trying to more difficult to break down or get in behind.
Fans getting frustrated by it but I think it’s something we’re going to have to get used to in the run in.

Probably what we should’ve done last week up at Arbroath.

Edited by SerieA

7 hours ago, McGuigan1978 said:

I definitely had a picture of it before, and may actually have got it from someone on here, but does anyone have an image of the Rovers programme from the mid 90’s that ended each Dunfermline player bio with “Won’t be playing in the UEFA Cup next season”? 

I am not sure if there is programmes from that time up my dads attic and may be among them. I will try and find out and let you know. May take a week or so. 

Just now, SerieA said:

The backing off/sitting in is clearly a change in tactics in recent weeks.Think we’re trying to more difficult to break down or get in behind.
Fans getting frustrated by it but I think it’s something we’re going to have to get used to in the run in.

Probably what we should’ve done last week up at Arbroath last week.

It definitely seems that way but it's grim watching us play that way against a team 20 points behind us in the league. 

The end justifies the means I suppose but it's going to be a slog if we play like this for the remainder of the season, that's for sure. 

Was quite critical of Kev last week for the second goal, so only fair that i say that save was unreal today. Even the save from the free kick, it dips at the last second, so maybe pushing it was the better option.

7 hours ago, embow said:

I don't have a copy but I do remember that it ruffled a fair few feathers in the diplomatic corps in both camps.  Was that not the programme that was issued for the 0-0 home game a week before we went to Firhill to claim the title?🤔  I remember being at that game and seeing it and all the hullabaloo going on about it being disrespectful to the opposition. I can't remember if DAFC had put in a complaint about it. Whatever, it certainly caused ructions at the time.

8 hours ago, McGuigan1978 said:

I definitely had a picture of it before, and may actually have got it from someone on here, but does anyone have an image of the Rovers programme from the mid 90’s that ended each Dunfermline player bio with “Won’t be playing in the UEFA Cup next season”? 

IIRC the article also noted the weight and height of each Pars player. It led to the programme editor being sacked. 
I might still have a copy of it my mums house as I kept most of them from that season as I did ok in the Fantasy League. I’ll have a look to see if I can find it the next time I’m there. 

5 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

It definitely seems that way but it's grim watching us play that way against a team 20 points behind us in the league. 

The end justifies the means I suppose but it's going to be a slog if we play like this for the remainder of the season, that's for sure. 

Be no complaints if it gets us promoted 

So here we are after a brutal 3rd quarter...13 points from it after getting 20 and 21 the first two quarters, Looked at goal scoring and conceding in the Championship, and I see a very clear trend for us giving up goals in the 46-85 minute range. Something IM isn't doing well is preparing the team to come out after the half, and his subs seem somewhat disruptive...not sure how else to read the data. The conceded goals are especially bad in the 61-75 minute range (4 goals conceded in each 5 minute increment, like the 36-40 minute increment.

Screenshot2024-03-09154155.png.a1fda9826c25bafd5fddbdb7b78958a1.png

34 minutes ago, TxRover said:

So here we are after a brutal 3rd quarter...13 points from it after getting 20 and 21 the first two quarters, Looked at goal scoring and conceding in the Championship, and I see a very clear trend for us giving up goals in the 46-85 minute range. Something IM isn't doing well is preparing the team to come out after the half, and his subs seem somewhat disruptive...not sure how else to read the data. The conceded goals are especially bad in the 61-75 minute range (4 goals conceded in each 5 minute increment, like the 36-40 minute increment.

I'm fairly sure the 3rd quarter of last season and the one before that were shite as well? 

Fourth quarter is the one that matters now. 

37 minutes ago, TxRover said:

f**k this shite, the Pars are going down with the Smokies.

Just watched the highlights. While Todd is a diving wee shite, what is Murray doing ducking out of the header and letting the ball drop in the box for Todd to even get close to? Really poor. 

Some save by Kev and some dodgy ref decisions overall but two nice finishes in their own right. Easton with precision again, quality stuff.

There was a point in the first half today, where Dabrowski palmed away a shot to his left, and the guy behind me shouted, “fuckin save it you” and I honestly didn’t know what to say. 

I mean, he’d literally just done what you’d asked him to do. 

Edited by McGuigan1978

2 hours ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Just watched the highlights. While Todd is a diving wee shite, what is Murray doing ducking out of the header and letting the ball drop in the box for Todd to even get close to? Really poor. 

He's not 12 feet tall mate. 

20240310_012549.jpg

3 hours ago, pub car king said:

I'm fairly sure the 3rd quarter of last season and the one before that were shite as well? 

Fourth quarter is the one that matters now. 

Screenshot2024-03-09192910.thumb.png.f9c5f74c6f37eb6e477d117160cdcfa6.png

6 hours ago, pantene proV said:

He's not 12 feet tall mate. 

20240310_012549.jpg

He was moving back to challenge for it and stopped, there was no shout or call from the keeper to leave it. Perhaps didn't duck out from it but to just pull up and let it go unattended wasn't great.