The New Raith Rovers Thread

9 minutes ago, SerieA said:

8pm in Kirkcaldy on a Thursday for County fans ain’t great either.

Aye the timings are crap, a one off winner take all playoff at a neutral venue at a reasonable time ............... but I guess the Spfl has to get their parachute payments from somewhere ... the cnuts

11 minutes ago, SerieA said:

8pm in Kirkcaldy on a Thursday for County fans ain’t great either.

The times are crap, but I'd rather get up early and drive to Dingwall, than get back from Dingwall after midnight mid-week. 

Good luck Raith , I'm thinking for some reason you would've had a much better chance getting at StJohnstone as County have some good performances in them but you never know certainly not a thing to lose and everything to gain , do the village idiots proud and get the job done lads 

Going to need a good performance to have any chance in the final but we’d have all take this before a ball was kicked this season. I think we should find someone other than Ro Sham Bo to give the motivational team speech 😂 

22 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Can we do it so the winner gets a place in the premiership and the losers get to keep Kyle Turner? 

Suspect that’s the way it’ll play out.  

59 minutes ago, pub car king said:

The south stand will be more or less sold out by tomorrow. 

The main stand never sells put but will be busy. So it would be prudent to ask County how many they will bring amd make a decision. Give them the railway stand and potentially split the North stand if need be.

Main stand full on touchline side

The corner section was pretty full as well.I would think it wouldn't be possible for County fans to be accommodated there 

21 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Might be a chance the club do something, I  guess it depends on how the 1st leg goes

I think they'll do something its the biggest game in years 

20 minutes ago, Lanky Highlander said:

Holds 2 thousand, bigger supports get some of the East stand too.

Suspect we'll take close to that number, as has been said neither kick off time is great for they away fans 

Thoughts turn to Thursday and starting 11.

Ross County seem to have preferred 3-4-1-2 in recent games.

Cant see us moving away from 4-2-3-1. We seemed to have a lot less control in Partick games when Brown and Byrne weren’t together as the 2 and when Stanton wasn’t playing behind Vaughan. Matthews done well against Fitzpatrick but Dhanda might fancy it against him. Home game I’d definitely have Easton (if fit) in for Turner on left. Mullin is obviously struggling so Connolly will be a definite starter.

I think we can get at County. I think they can get at us as well. Ashcroft has surely recovered 😂

Good luck to Raith and although the k.o. times are not great that's the price of TV deals I guess. 

If only for my dislike of Simon of the Murray clan, I'll be supporting your Ian but it will need a super home performance first.

Given the difference in travel involved for next season, I'm torn about who I want to win but I'd love to see two teams relegated! 

An easy watch for me at least.

51 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Wee bit dissapointed it's County, their attacking options could well be too much for our defence - particularly with Watson out.

Cripple Dhanda and let White bring it down to his feet rather than flick it on with his head and you're grand.