The New Raith Rovers Thread

Posted (edited)

Would it not be an option to offer a general admission section? Have an area of the stand, say one of the end sections, designated as GA rather than assigned seating. If necessary, remove a row or two of seats to mark the top or bottom of the assigned GA area (only costs a few seats). Then you also have to enforce the regulations to keep them out of the stairs, but that needs done anyway. It would allow them to group as they wish within that section…and would identify that group of supporters as responsible for damages to seats in that area, allowing the Club to dialogue with the leaders that emerge within that section.

Edited by TxRover

6 minutes ago, pub car king said:

f**k sake Ross County, that's just cruel and unreasonable punishment 

The 2nd seeds always seem to be away to the top seeds so it'll be away from home too.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Who's home and who's away from that lot, Bloody Hamilton would have to be in our group

Certainly not going to be any big away support, that's for sure

Last season we had 3rd (Dunfermline) and 5th (Albion Rovers) at home as we were 2nd seeds? If it follows similar this year then we're likely home to Hamilton and Stranraer and away to Ross County and Stirling Albion

Edited by CountryBumpkin

I don’t miss many games but I’ll be swerving RC and or Stranraer if either are away.

About a bad a draw as we could’ve hoped. Not that it ultimately matters, all about the league. 

Pretty shite draw to be honest.

I'll probably go to County away as long as it's a Saturday 3pm kick off but definitely not for a midweek.

Stirling away is good for me as it's the closest team in the competition to my house.  In the 10 years since I moved here Rovers have only played at Forthbank once...and I was at a wedding that day.

3 minutes ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

I don’t miss many games but I’ll be swerving RC and or Stranraer if either are away.

About a bad a draw as we could’ve hoped. Not that it ultimately matters, all about the league. 

Apparently all set by the seedings so it's County and Stirling away and Hamilton and Stranraer at home.

1 minute ago, AllanJM said:

I'll probably go to County away as long as it's a Saturday 3pm kick off but definitely not for a midweek.

Stirling away is good for me as it's the closest team in the competition to my house.  In the 10 years since I moved here Rovers have only played at Forthbank once...and I was at a wedding that day.

Was the Barry McKay's one good game for us?

2 minutes ago, AllanJM said:

Last time I was at Forthbank was a long time ago. If memory serves me right we got gubbed 3-1 in the playoffs. 

12 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Was the Barry McKay's one good game for us?

Think that's the one.  

I actually forgot we also played there in the cup in March '21 but there were of course no fans there.

12 minutes ago, MICMAC said:

Last time I was at Forthbank was a long time ago. If memory serves me right we got gubbed 3-1 in the playoffs. 

2007.  The game where Christ Aitken decided he was Andrea Pirlo for the day.  Albion also had a young Robert Snodgrass in the team that day.

14 minutes ago, AllanJM said:

2007.  The game where Christ Aitken decided he was Andrea Pirlo for the day.  Albion also had a young Robert Snodgrass in the team that day.

That's the very one