The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 minute ago, DaveT said:

Noticed the Scottish mens team training at Lesser Hampden.

A bit dangerous considering it's a plastic pitch

Pretty confident it's a hybrid pitch.

6 hours ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Went to watch the community foundation 2011 team today in their cup final at Lochgelly Alberts ground. For a junior team, even their grass pitch is much better than Dens Park. Like a carpet at this late stage of the season.

The community foundation is doing a lot of good things, the kids were all execellent, even though they lost on penalties in the end. Only down side was the way their head coach and his assistant focused on criticising the mistakes instead of encouraging and reaffirming. Really poor to see at that age level. 

Yes. It was a great game 0v0 at full time and Rovers lost 5v4 in the penalty shootout. Felt sorry for the laddie that missed.

41 minutes ago, Kirkcaldybanjo said:

Yes. It was a great game 0v0 at full time and Rovers lost 5v4 in the penalty shootout. Felt sorry for the laddie that missed.

Yeah, felt for him as I thought he was the player of the match across the whole game as well. 

7 hours ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

It's looking threadbare.

Pitch.jpeg

At least it seems to have dried out a bit.

I'm not ITK although sometimes do hear rumours like Keith Watson last season, however the club do a decent job of drip feeding good news stories. I would expect to start this week with a retained list of players, which isn't such good news for players moving on.

Its also a sunny day so you never know!!!

11 hours ago, Brashy's Boots said:

This popped up from my past history - Feb 2011. 30 tons of sand dumped on the pitch to make it playable. But aye, "should" be played on grass.

FB_IMG_1717343808351.jpg

I remember us playing Celtic on a similar pitch in 2013. I am sure their fans all understood that grass pitches get destroyed given the unfavourable local climate and that they didn't even think about complaining about it or describing it as an embarrassment. 

The pitch got diseased after that lot played on it as well. 

1 hour ago, mealsonwheels said:

Anymore rumours or ITK information about signings or potentials?

The rumours that I’ve saw mostly from socials is Easton is supposedly staying, Chalmers and Hanlon 

Was told by a customer this morning who is "ITK" That Murray is being announced by hibs today...

Load of shite I reckon, would have it not been made public regarding hibs getting permission to speak to him??

8 minutes ago, philpy said:

Was told by a customer this morning who is "ITK" That Murray is being announced by hibs today...

Load of shite I reckon, would have it not been made public regarding hibs getting permission to speak to him??

If it is true, I think the club may already have his replacement lined up, tbh I don’t want it to be Mikey Cameron as I’m one of those where you don’t want club legends as manager just incase it goes tits up etc we will just have to wait and see 

13 minutes ago, philpy said:

Sure was reported last week Malky MacKay was leading the new Hibs manager search but was not to start until this week.

6 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

If it is true, I think the club may already have his replacement lined up, tbh I don’t want it to be Mikey Cameron as I’m one of those where you don’t want club legends as manager just incase it goes tits up etc we will just have to wait and see 

Gary Glen to finally come to Rovers as the new manager????????

Chalmers would be a good signing but I can only see that one happening if Easton leaves. We already have Connolly, Mullin and Smith who play out wide.

With Hanlon, I can’t see that happening now that Fordyce has signed. I’d be happy to be wrong on that though!

2 hours ago, RRFC_Liam said:

If he goes could definitely see us trying to tempt McCabe-be as well joining back up with Fordyce.

21 minutes ago, SerieA said:

If he goes could definitely see us trying to tempt McCabe-be as well joining back up with Fordyce.

They had a fall out apparently so unlikely. 

Rumour that Easton is staying and has already done the pictures etc for release to media / us. Not sure how accurate and not from the same person who told me that Stevenson was 100% done prior to announcement.

Really don’t think Byrne will be here next season which is a blow. Really good player at this level albeit lacks pace.