The New Raith Rovers Thread

My recollection of last season is that Hamilton was one that was very much on it!

Connelly wasn't as much of a stand out as the season before but that was prob more to do with the overall standard of the squad being much better.

Not sure id be writing them off 2 games into preseason when they still have 2 years left on their contracts 

I wouldn’t say Hamilton was off it, he just looks to be trying too hard. That’s probably coming from a slight lack of confidence. Nothing is falling for him.

Connolly definitely has looked miles off in the last two games. That’s what we need these pre season games for though. We all know there’s a player in there.

Need to forget about Connolly last season. Never got the benefit of a preseason, was in a moonboot and time he got back he was off the pace.

That said it’s now two pre-season games and both him and Hamilton haven’t looked too clever.

On the positive we looked nice in spells in that second half and no surprise to see we looked dangerous with Easton and Stevenson on the left.

Irrespective of preseason performances we’ll not be challenging for any title without reinforcements up top. One might be enough with having Hamilton. Then Vaughan, Smith and Stanton in a more advanced role. 

The pixellot stream wasn't bad, it was just a shame it was totally out of sync with the Rovers audio. 

A few things that I think can be inferred from pre season so far, we'll be looking to play out from the back a bit more and we're doing a lot more to not fire high balls to Hamilton. 

Overall it was good to get minutes into legs and try a few things. Hamilton looked a lot better second half when he was the lone striker. Connolly needs a bit of work to his confidence more than anything else, hopefully a pre season under his belt does him a lot of good. 

Decent enough workout again and improvement across the park from everyone I’d say.

Liked the look of Montagu when he came on.Couple of decent touches, turns and drives with the ball.Looks to have decent size and physic for young lad. Sure Stevenson went to have a wee go at him at one point for making a mistake and Brown quickly had a word with Stevenson.

Hope we don’t burn Hamilton out before the real football gets going.

Decent game tonight but it was freezing 2nd half, thought big Jack had a strong second half and should have scored but his touch let him down a couple of times, Gibson looked lively and young Kai caught the eye with his runs but we were comfortable all night and should have scored a couple more,, our defence looks so much more assured already compared to last season. Would like another striker in as big Jack beats himself up too much at times but positive signs 

Don’t tend to take much from pre season friendlies, but Fordyce looks so calm and confident in that back line. Always talking to the players around them, trying to help them out. Again, only a pre-season, but we need someone in that team to work on being able to deliver a half decent corner. 

5 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

So if you're an 1883 member but not going to the reveal tonight, do you still get early sight of the kit eg by email?

Depends if the club are fussed about it being leaked before tomorrow's open day. Are folk tonight allowed to take photos and what not? If so I'd imagine it'll be all over social media this evening.

Edit: Also see the Rovers site is saying the new shop outside the Penman Stand will be open tomorrow so guessing that's the big portakabin that's been sitting there for ages. 

Edited by Raithie

2 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Depends if the club are fussed about it being leaked before tomorrow's open day. Are folk tonight allowed to take photos and what not? If so I'd imagine it'll be all over social media this evening.

They tried to do it last season by revealing signings to club 1883 members first last season with specific wording about not sharing it, only for folk to immediately screenshot and paste it onto Twitter. I'd expect it'll be over Twitter very quickly after given how quick people are to share information nowadays.