The New Raith Rovers Thread

8 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

Who knows but no chance this is going to go down well at all. Major f**k up if true

Its got obvious down sides, and maybe I'm just not knowledgeable enough about coaching to see the positive.

If it's is Fox or similar then we have to get on with it. Certainly not one to "light the fire" but sometimes things work out.

What is clear is that we have again generated loads of interest from doing not very much. It's good to be hooked as only a couple of seasons ago, I couldn't care less.

All hail our new leader, third time lucky Liam (or whoever it might be). It's a more than decent squad the new guys getting. 

38 minutes ago, Always next quarter said:

Its got obvious down sides, and maybe I'm just not knowledgeable enough about coaching to see the positive.

If it's is Fox or similar then we have to get on with it. Certainly not one to "light the fire" but sometimes things work out.

What is clear is that we have again generated loads of interest from doing not very much. It's good to be hooked as only a couple of seasons ago, I couldn't care less.

All hail our new leader, third time lucky Liam (or whoever it might be). It's a more than decent squad the new guys getting. 

Sorry I can’t share your enthusiasm, we were told when Locke was appointed we had to get behind him now because he has been appointed,if and it’s still an if this happens then they have a lot to prove to the supporters because we are the “ customers” and a lot of good work can be undone quickly if this goes Pete tong like before.with regards to season ticket sales etc

Edited by Been going too long

All the speculation of who the next manager is, as fans we need to get behind them 100%. 

I also think that whoever it is will have a good knowledge of the reserve/youth leagues. Anybody ready for an influx of Hearts and Celtic youth players.

Edited by MICMAC
Being a fud

4 hours ago, CrossgatesCynic said:

I honestly don’t buy this list of ‘turned down’ the Rovers.

On that basis you are suggesting your board never had a plan in place to sack Murray early doors and had someone waiting.

I'll be surprised if anyone didn't think  sacking after one league game, the new manager reveal would be week after if or 10 days. I'd guess they've had knock backs 

I think we(Falkirk) took a fair amount of time appointing Harley.......hmmm

2 minutes ago, Varna Rover said:

i dont know much about liam fox but if dundee united havent got rid of him then he must have some credibility

Team From To Record
G W D L Win %
Cowdenbeath 23 May 2016 6 March 2017 30 6 4 20 20.00
Dundee United 30 August 2022 26 February 2023 25 7 4 14 28.00
Total 54 12 8 34

Dundee United: Liam Fox leaves after sixth consecutive defeat - BBC Sport

4 hours ago, MrDust said:

On that basis you are suggesting your board never had a plan in place to sack Murray early doors and had someone waiting.

I'll be surprised if anyone didn't think  sacking after one league game, the new manager reveal would be week after if or 10 days. I'd guess they've had knock backs 

I think we(Falkirk) took a fair amount of time appointing Harley.......hmmm

I’m not so naive as to assume nobody has, or might, turn the club down. Far from it. It’s more the media churning out names - some of whom leave everyone baffled - then the same outlets claiming within a day or two that these same names have ‘turned the club down’.

Definitely believable that many aspiring coaches may have applied for the job. Believable still that some might have been directly contacted by the club. I’ll go back to my previous comments about bookies’ odds. They continue to stubbornly stick to odds as favourable as 2/1 or better. Neither the ‘papers or bookies have any firm idea. It’s all speculation. 

30 minutes ago, Varna Rover said:

i dont know much about liam fox but if dundee united havent got rid of him then he must have some credibility

They did. He's currently the Hearts B team manager in the lowland league.

His managerial win record across Cowdenbeath and Dundee United is 22%. Gary Locke's record before he came to us was 25%.

13 hours ago, TxRover said:

I don’t think the BoD is planning on a female coach…if we were in League One, it might be a stroke of genius,  but until a female coach has a good showing in League One or Two, it’s unlikely a Championship or Premiership side will pull the trigger,

I follow Ingolstadt's results and they appointed a female head coach at the end of last season, the first in the German top leagues. 

1 minute ago, Chrisrush1471 said:

According to transfermarkt Liam Fox has  worse managerial record than both John Potter and Colin Cameron so that's fun

It's worse than Locke's.

If Liam Fox with his 20% win record is genuinely the target it must have been a long list of people who turned us down. Don’t get me wrong, like players managers can change from club to club and suddenly find their form but what would make the board even look at his application with such a horrendous record. Instead of Gary Locke and his Hearts retirement home we’ll get Liam Fox and his Hearts nursery. 

3 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

If Liam Fox with his 20% win record is genuinely the target it must have been a long list of people who turned us down. Don’t get me wrong, like players managers can change from club to club and suddenly find their form but what would make the board even look at his application with such a horrendous record. Instead of Gary Locke and his Hearts retirement home we’ll get Liam Fox and his Hearts nursery. 

He hasn't really had a go with a decent squad to be fair to him.  Cowdenbeath were a right mess and so were that Dundee United team. 

11 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

He hasn't really had a go with a decent squad to be fair to him.  Cowdenbeath were a right mess and so were that Dundee United team. 

Isn't that what all shit coaches say?

Longer this goes on, more likely that Hanlon's promotion to manager is brought forward? Are the Liam Fox rumours intended to soften the support for when he's announced?

Either way, doesn't look like this gamble has gone to plan. 

If only Pars had such simple things to worry about. 🥴

I wonder how married we are to the structure we've got in place? Its been talked about and pushed as a good thing for continuity but it means that we're looking for a manager/head coach who doesn't want to bring their own backroom staff in. How much of a dealbreaker is it to not be able to bring in your own assistant, or goalkeeper coach but instead be asked to form a new working relationship with people you perhaps don't know?

I can understand Leven not wanting to move, there is a lot of potential around Aberdeen this season already with the new manager.