The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, Stardog_champion said:

I’ve been there since the 70’s and felt every f**king bit of pain and felt every bit of the good times

I'm one of a diminishing number who experienced the 1962-63 season under Hugh Shaw after the club parted company with Bert Herdman. The season of a league total of 9 points. Two points for the win back then. No home league wins all season, only four draws. Two away wins and a draw. Cuffed 10-0 up at Pittodrie but beat them 3-2 in the Scottish Cup quarter  finals at Stark's Park. Totally bizarre!

Lost the semi 5-1 to Celtic but it was only 1-1 at HT. Two dubious second half penalties skewed the final score significantly.

This hasn't been the best of starts only three games in, and it may yet get worse, but it's got a long way to go to top the 62-63 season.

3 minutes ago, embow said:

I'm one of a diminishing number who experienced the 1962-63 season under Hugh Shaw after the club parted company with Bert Herdman. The season of a league total of 9 points. Two points for the win back then. No home league wins all season, only four draws. Two away wins and a draw. Cuffed 10-0 up at Pittodrie but beat them 3-2 in the Scottish Cup quarter  finals at Stark's Park. Totally bizarre!

Lost the semi 5-1 to Celtic but it was only 1-1 at HT. Two dubious second half penalties skewed the final score significantly.

This hasn't been the best of starts only three games in, and it may yet get worse, but it's got a long way to go to top the 62-63 season.

Did you really have to remind me of that 😉😂😂

118 goals against that season and that was just the league

Edited by SirJimmyofNic

3 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Did you really have to remind me of that 😉😂😂

118 goals against that season and that was just the league

Totally forgot about the defensive side of things!🥹

1 minute ago, The Tiel Burn said:

You are still happy to post it on a public forum. 

You can post anything you want here, no one takes it seriously. Unless you do of course and also think Thierry Henry is coming into manage raith among other things.

2 minutes ago, The Tiel Burn said:

You are still happy to post it on a public forum. 

Have deleted the message. It was misjudged to post it. The intention was to illustrate the hysteria around him missing from the lineup.

Certainly didnt want it to be taken seriously. Apologies.

12 minutes ago, embow said:

8 years before my birth. Jeezo, that’s horrific especially the players we had. Yea I moan a lot. But by god I’m a Rover❤️❤️

Just seen the highlights. Now owing to the poor camera position. (What's the deal with that by the way. Big new stand on the opposite side and Raith TV have been given an absolutly shite spot?) 

Anyway it looks to me on what can be seen that Kev has made a mess of the kick out Byrne has then gone down under the challengeas both players went for the loose ball and at some point he's presumably made contact with his hand. 

If anyone else can provide better footage please do. 

I was behind the goal and he was definitely clipped. He did that thing that players do where they fall onto the ball and catch it with their hands to try and force the ref to give it in their favour… he obviously didn’t though!

He will be suspended for two games so an appeal might be wise if the footage allows!

Just now, Jilted John said:

I was behind the goal and he was definitely clipped. He did that thing that players do where they fall onto the ball and catch it with their hands to try and force the ref to give it in their favour… he obviously didn’t though!

He will be suspended for two games so an appeal might be wise if the footage allows!

According to Tx it's only a one game suspension,  I like you thought it was 2 games

5 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

He did that thing that players do where they feel someone closing them down, anticipate contact from behind and fall down. They should never be considered fouls and I’m shocked that this referee wasn’t conned by it. 

34 minutes ago, embow said:

Don't worry you're not alone 

I was behing the goals When Jim Thorburn swung of the cross bar at full time against Aberdeen in the cup

Plus suffered the pain since 1955 so this is nothing new

6 minutes ago, Youngmcnaughtleigh said:

Don't worry you're not alone 

I was behing the goals When Jim Thorburn swung of the cross bar at full time against Aberdeen in the cup

Plus suffered the pain since 1955 so this is nothing new

You win, I dont think any of us left can beat that date, from 58 was mine 

The red card was correct. He clearly grabbed the ball and he wasn't fouled. It was a horrible touch from a horrible kick by Dabrowski.

The fact the guy missed the chance just highlighted how stupid it was to grab the ball. 

There was a clear foul on Stevenson for the second goal though. Not that it would've changed the outcome right enough. 

1 hour ago, embow said:

I thought nothing could be worse than the Anelka season but that sounds truly brutal.

6 minutes ago, mrpaddyx said:

I thought nothing could be worse than the Anelka season but that sounds truly brutal.

I have checked the stats on that season, I remember us beating St Johnstone in Dalziels first game in charge, but i cannot for the life of me remember the other two teams we beat.

5 hours ago, Monkey socks said:

We're visiting  you next week. I'm coming by car and looking for somewhere close to the ground to park. Any suggestions folks?

Morrisons my have a time restriction. If you park just along from Morrison ( 100 yards at most aling the road) 

on the big Esplanade lorry park. It's unrestricted. Has a decent wee take away cafe.