The New Raith Rovers Thread

Just now, The Toun Clock said:

What has prompted Sam Stanton to tweet that? I can see mentions of something at Ayr but not sure?

Can we just not go down that road? Clearly what was posted upset the player and that's a pretty big indicator we should move on. 

Rovers fans know that Sam's especially quiet so we should take heed. No rules against ramping it all up but to what benefit?

To be honest the only action needed is to give him a huge reception on Saturday.

1 minute ago, The Tiel Burn said:

Can we just not go down that road? Clearly what was posted upset the player and that's a pretty big indicator we should move on. 

Rovers fans know that Sam's especially quiet so we should take heed. No rules against ramping it all up but to what benefit?

To be honest the only action needed is to give him a huge reception on Saturday.

I wasn't looking for the finer details but no worries.

All the usual suspects, conspiracy theories, sharing 'I heard it from a guy' and then rushing to post it on here, nothing positive to say but prepared to say it anyway. And it becomes fact. Cut the players and the board some slack is the obvious thing to do but if it were that obvious we would all be doing it. I expect opposition supporters to be critical and post crap, its galling when our own supporters do the same. What are you trying to achieve? Using the Sam S example, how many of you are positing factual and informed comments? 

I’m definitely going to think more about what I post on here, not that it’s too often.

I think if your expecting nothing about facts being posted is mental though…it’s all about opinions however speculation on players life’s is indeed or should be a no go zone.

Hopefully all is well with Sam and we see him on the park this Saturday.

25 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

I'd also make an argument that your choices with a managers job will always be quite fluid, albeit they're always going to decrease as time goes on. 

It wouldn't surprise me if the whole saga has alerted a few more names to it. Managers (much like players) will probably have a degree of ego involved when going for jobs. There might be some who look at it and say "sacked after one game? No thanks..." but others might well believe they've got what it takes and are less concerned. 

I'd agree, and thats why timing is everything really. We'll see how it pans out. But regardless, 3 points needed this weekend and a massively improved performance in the midfield/forward areas.

People watch love island type reality shows and soap operas for a reason, they love drama. now it turns out raith fans can influence their ongoing football storylines simply by posting something online a couple of times, which is much more exciting for them than talking about a 2-0 loss and an unusual penalty. 

After stanton's tweet should I be expecting a similar one from thierry henry denying one idiots idea of him taking the raith rovers job? I said earlier people can post any speculation they like, if others are then fool enough to believe it that's on them. it's a mistake to tweet about rumours in my view and confirm to the drama loving fans they can be heard.

Edited by g martin
typo

13 minutes ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

I’m definitely going to think more about what I post on here, not that it’s too often.

I think if your expecting nothing about facts being posted is mental though…it’s all about opinions however speculation on players life’s is indeed or should be a no go zone.

Hopefully all is well with Sam and we see him on the park this Saturday.

100% makes you think how many times things gets back to players and how it affects them. We know people from the club view this forum based on subtle hints in interviews and certain tweets that come out after things are raised, but wonder how many players do as well (if there are any stay away 😂). Fingers crossed we can go back to speculating about what team will be on the pitch this weekend and what manager will be sitting in the hotseat soon.

8 hours ago, Specky Ginger said:

Remember when we appointed Bobby Wilson after he won the Highland League three years in a row with Keith?

Clancy feels similar.

I'd take another Barry Wilson back as a player

1 minute ago, Jan Vojáček said:

First you punt Muzz and now you've upset Sam. I'm falling out of love with you, 'Raith Rovers'.

The thing is, are those who are causing the chaos on 'X' Rovers supporters or trolls trying to cause unrest.

This why I get frustrated that a new appointment wasn’t done quickly, to stop weeks of this debate( yes including myself in this) and can focus on matches, I haven’t given livi a thought, games seem like an after thought at the moment, no idea why folk are gossiping about sams relationship thou, I don’t have personally any interest in the players personal life just what they do on the pitch ( as long as it’s without breaking the law, before o get a pile on) 

2 hours ago, David McGurns Left Glove said:

I think the supporter base as a whole needs to take a long hard look at its self a long time before anyone at the club does. You can be unhappy with how the board have acted, but the way the support has acted since the sacking has been absolutely woeful. 

It's been assessed that many things outwith the boards control have left this club manager-less. It isn't an ideal situation, but the constant melt-down and attempts to find a scapegoat really need to stop. 

Bang on

Anyhow,lets put the criticisms of the board to one side,silly rumours and get down and back the players on Saturday cause by christ they need it

Edited by Rovers_Lad

2 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

If you could pin posts to the top of the page, I'd have this one. 

We've been unfortunate in that things haven't gone to plan. That's been due to external factors as opposed to incompetence. Yet folk want to burn everything down. People make mistakes and errors of judgement all the time. 

We've got rid of Murray which was questionable and then tried Leven who ultimately decided to stay where he was. We seemingly had the same with O'Carroll. Then we had the same with Healy who seems to have used the situation to his own ends to get an improved deal. 

And maybe all four are linked. 

So, we've got the board flapping about like idiots trying to find someone who actually wants to work for them, players in the huff at the board and/or fans, a divided fanbase, and a team that can't score.

Saturday is going to be fun...

Edited by Ro Sham Bo