The New Raith Rovers Thread

8 minutes ago, SanStarko said:

The second goal was on Matthews.  He moved to RB, then for some reason went way out of position trying to win a ball he had no chance of winning, leaving a massive gap where he should have been and Pars took advantage.  To blame Hanlon for that is bizzare.

Hanlon turned his back on the shot. That’s schoolboy stuff. Even at the red Murray only gets involved cause Hanlon is so slow. 

2 minutes ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

You can't be serious. He's the CEO and sacked a manager who was a game from taking us up via a phone call on a Sunday morning without warning and seemingly no plan thereafter. He's exactly who's liable for the mess we are in. He's also a CEO who is a Director which means he answers to himself which is something no organisation should ever have. He's a complete bullshitter and finally being shown for what he really is. 

We've sacked a manager and then went 5 weeks and brought in one loan signing despite getting told the "budget is there" for more players. 

I'm not saying the players aren't too accept no blame as tonight several of them went into hiding, Easton in particular. They also need to look at themselves are get their heads sorted no matter what they thought of the sacking. 

He'll answer to the money men eventually,  it their cash hes wasted 

4 minutes ago, Kooz92 said:

So the CEO who oversees all footballing operations isn't to blame for the current state of affairs? Then who is? We know the players aren't capable but it's up to Collins and the coaching staff to set the team up as best they can with what's available. It's Barrowman and Potters job to improve what the manager has available to him.

Did you read my post, Barrowman doesn't do the job on the pitch. He goes out and gets the players the manager asks him to get but those players have to perform as a team on the pitch but they're not. We have a decent squad as we seen against Ayr in the first half last week but for some reason chucked the towel in in the 2nd half. Again not Barrowmans fault, the players fault.

Just now, kdypar said:

Hanlon turned his back on the shot. That’s schoolboy stuff. Even at the red Murray only gets involved cause Hanlon is so slow. 

If Matthews stays at RB where he's meant to be that Pars attack comes to nothing.  He gets a little bit of a pass given that for some reason we insist on not playing our actual RB.  But if you're asked to play at RB and you only have 10 men you can't go doing what he did, you need to either stick to your position or if you're going to go way out of position to make a challenge then you better make sure you win the ball.  He did neither.

1 minute ago, MICMAC said:

Did you read my post, Barrowman doesn't do the job on the pitch. He goes out and gets the players the manager asks him to get but those players have to perform as a team on the pitch but they're not. We have a decent squad as we seen against Ayr in the first half last week but for some reason chucked the towel in in the 2nd half. Again not Barrowmans fault, the players fault.

Its Potter who gets the players in not Barrowman, in any case we can agree the players are the ones on the park paid to do a job that's painfully obvious they're not doing

Easton has done nothing since tannadice 2023 and he’s not the only one Too many players look like they don’t give a monkeys and it was exactly the same in the first game of the season at Airdrie hung Murray out to dry some of these superstars , Formations , changing manager is irrelevant at the moment the players aren’t doing it 

2 minutes ago, MICMAC said:

Sorry but to suggest Barrowman isn't to blame here is just a ridiculous position to take. 

The buck starts at the top in every organisation especially if you make the call to sack the person leading the players. 

We signed Jamieson without any manager appointment so who's decision was that?

Just now, basher brash said:

Easton has done nothing since tannadice 2023 and he’s not the only one Too many players look like they don’t give a monkeys and it was exactly the same in the first game of the season at Airdrie hung Murray out to dry some of these superstars , Formations , changing manager is irrelevant at the moment the players aren’t doing it 

Thats nonsense. He had just as many goals and assists after that game than he did before it. 

It all smacks of a team with no direction, little confidence, confused setup and low morale.

The formation didn't work. The players looked lost.

Not at fault for the goals, but Kev just looks nervous any time the ball comes near him now. This can't help.

Throwing Murray in after missing a few couldn't help either. Especially to that messy formation. 

Hanlon and Stevenson are being dragged down by the setup. They both look deflated.

Right back position is a farce. Whats the point in Freeman. Teams also have now spotted we will chuck everything down the left.

We have no engine room without Brown or Stanton. (Hoping it's just a niggle with Stanton, but that's the third time he has appeared and disappeared from the squad. This can't be well managed injuries, just like Hamilton previous).

There is a massive gap in the setup between defence and attack.

Easton is trying, but nothing is working. Or has done for a while. We are all one dimensional. 

There is no pace. Nor do we have decent options from the bench. Well we do, but clearly not fit. Our set pieces are now terrible at both ends.

Upfront, there is nothing. Two unfit strikers (Vaughan and Hamilton) and two out of position wingers. There is no decent service anyway.

Last two games have been the strongest squads we have had available since preseason, and it's been a disaster. 

Ultimately, poor tactics, failed recruitment in key areas and destroyed team morale. We need reinforcements ASAP from somewhere. 

On paper the squad should be doing significantly better, we just don't know how to use it.

3 minutes ago, SanStarko said:

If Matthews stays at RB where he's meant to be that Pars attack comes to nothing.  He gets a little bit of a pass given that for some reason we insist on not playing our actual RB.  But if you're asked to play at RB and you only have 10 men you can't go doing what he did, you need to either stick to your position or if you're going to go way out of position to make a challenge then you better make sure you win the ball.  He did neither.

Matthews at faullt for 2nd for leaving his man and bombing into midfield...Mullin at fault for first goal, took a touch to try and play out, when had to just see it out for a goal kick..or launch it for a throw-in, his touched was hopelless and gave away the corner.. from there they scored. Both goals from not having a natural right back , the Pars knew that, they targetted that position all night.

The squad isn't good enough.  That has been obvious for months.  As to where the blame lies, whether that's Murray or Potter or both I'm not sure, but that's the crux of the issue.  Very little was done to strengthen (in an attacking sense) a side that wasn't creating enough or scoring enough.  Again, it's essentially a team full of midfielders who aren't particularly fast, strong of physical.  

In sacking Murray the way he did, Barrownan had to make an appointment quickly and one that hit the ground running.  Neither happened.

Too early to judge Collins, but it's been a while since I've seen footballers at this level genuinely look as though they had no idea what they were doing.

This squad could easily get relegated.  Don't score enough, don't create enough, do stupid things at the back and there is a general malaise around the place.

8 minutes ago, R12ATH said:

Matthews at faullt for 2nd for leaving his man and bombing into midfield...Mullin at fault for first goal, took a touch to try and play out, when had to just see it out for a goal kick..or launch it for a throw-in, his touched was hopelless and gave away the corner.. from there they scored. Both goals from not having a natural right back , the Pars knew that, they targetted that position all night.

Its easy to say that about the first goal, but the corner is a chance to reset and we got caught out by a quick short corner and  no one picking up Otoo at the edge of the box. All the luck with a deflection but the space, even with 10 men shouldn't have been there. 

5 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

This squad could easily get relegated.  Don't score enough, don't create enough, do stupid things at the back and there is a general malaise around the place.

Ultimately it is up to the manager to identify players that they want. It’s up to Barrowman/potter to get them over the line by the sounds of things. Unless things change over the next few weeks, i genuinely believe we will go down, one way or another (through the playoffs) teams very rarely recover from this types of position and as you say, malaise about the place. 

25 minutes ago, MICMAC said:

You weren't on here slagging the squad when we were winning all those games last season. We've still got those same (decent) players we had then and added to it in the summer. There is a severe lack of movement from the midfield, Fordyce pointed it out a few times during preseason and the league Cup games and Hanlon quite a few times tonight pointing out the same thing. Nobody wants the ball

Last season was last season, as I said there is no plateau. Players are either getting better, or worse. Our squad is worse, markedly so.

2 hours ago, Irosshed and I was wrong said:

Potter seems to dodge any criticism…..he’s in charge of recruitment and football operations but seems to miss any question marks because players say he was a big part in them joining. Both Barrowman and Potter’s performances in role should be scrutinised.

We had 18 months of players saying Bullen was fantastic and they absolutely loved playing for him. We now have players saying he was a bit of a clown. Local media needing access and club propaganda mean everything coming out of almost every club is polished beyond anything useful or meaningful nowadays. 

Can’t be arsed typing my thoughts tonight but this chap from FB is on a similar wavelength to how I’m thinking.

Absolute disgrace tonight I'm sorry but I don't care about stadium renovations it's the team on the park I as a fan cares about, and this squad is just not good enough ,slow ,predictable ,no fight 
And I'm sorry team selection by manager was shocking too a right back on the bench and both goals came from the right a stupid corner conceded by Mullin then Mathews caught out at 2nd  
Christ if he can't play a natural right back  Infront of two midfielders were in a bad place  
And again 5 seasons later we still don't have a proper striker FFS how hard can it be I've seen some pretty poor sides and this current team is up there the similarities between this team and the team that was relegated is frightening 
We haven't even scored a goal from open play in the league 
All the talk of looking at Loans etc yet absolutely heehaw done Barrowman is a glorified  salesman his pre match tour said it all her the end the need to "Monetise " the digital screen tells me everything I need to know
 how about the need for a decent side on the park ya clown 🤡
Oh and to make matters worse we got pumped by a rank rotten Pars side