The New Raith Rovers Thread

7 hours ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Aye, sucker punched from a wee coward. Of course you lot enjoyed that, you've got previous from last season in that sort of stuff. 

There was only one coward involved. Bringing a few arsehole fans into the equation makes you look a bit stupid. Not difficult granted....

11 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

There was only one coward involved. Bringing a few arsehole fans into the equation makes you look a bit stupid. Not difficult granted....

Aye that coward was sent off, odds nothing gets done about it behind the scenes either. Backroom staff shouldn't be behaving like that 

1 minute ago, scotia177 said:

Need to get back to basics..fight for every ball..be hard to beat..keep it tight. And break forward and try and get a victory to give us some confidence...team look to be toiling.. megwa at right back and another creative 10 with a power striker would help

A power striker? 🤣 

8 minutes ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

Well yeah that's generally how you find out information. People tell you. Would you prefer I used the phrase "sources close to the club". I'm not exactly going to say "I was told by X player". 

Believe what you want though. I'm happy with what I know and like I said before hopefully it gets sorted out and he's back playing but just can't see it. 

So, your ITK friends/sources close to the club can tell you stories about Stanton, but couldn't tell you who our manager was going to be, the fact that Stanton was on the bench last week and played 30mins kinda dispells that story though.

Anyhoo what will be will be

1 hour ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

So, your ITK friends/sources close to the club can tell you stories about Stanton, but couldn't tell you who our manager was going to be, the fact that Stanton was on the bench last week and played 30mins kinda dispells that story though.

Anyhoo what will be will be

Yes that's right. I know about this, I know about other things, I didn't know the manager was going to Collins. Not difficult to understand.

Not sure why I would have a reason to just make up a random story either. No doubt someone will come along and say I hate Stanton or something similar...

Anyway like you say what will be will be.

If theres trouble behind the scenes and the players are not playing to 100% of their ability, then this needs putting a stop to, lest they forget it's the supporters who pay their wages, maybe they should've showed the same commitment, desire and passion on the park last night, as they did when they went looking for a punch up when Vaughan got lamped, we just might've got something out of the game

9 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

If theres trouble behind the scenes and the players are not playing to 100% of their ability, then this needs putting a stop to, lest they forget it's the supporters who pay their wages, maybe they should've showed the same commitment, desire and passion on the park last night, as they did when they went looking for a punch up when Vaughan got lamped, we just might've got something out of the game

The handbags last night was the only highlight for me. It showed at least there's a bit of fight and spirit still in there. 

I’m sure it’ll change as the week wears on but right now I’d say I’m more than a little concerned about the Hamilton game. 

A lot will depend on the starting XI that gets put out there but if it’s anything as disjointed a performance as the second half in Ayr or the 90 minutes of Friday night, we’re in big trouble.

Biggest issue is I just cannot see where goals are going to come from.

23 minutes ago, CrossgatesCynic said:

I’m sure it’ll change as the week wears on but right now I’d say I’m more than a little concerned about the Hamilton game. 

A lot will depend on the starting XI that gets put out there but if it’s anything as disjointed a performance as the second half in Ayr or the 90 minutes of Friday night, we’re in big trouble.

Biggest issue is I just cannot see where goals are going to come from.

Can understand your concerns about what team starts, but we are constrained by who is available.

In both games mentioned we were down to 10 men, which obviously affects the game.

The Ayr game in league to be honest there wasn't much in it, the cup game probably more concerning due to individual errors.

Against Dunfermline it's a bit worrying more because of the run of results.

Were any players available who could have changed the way we played, I don't think so.

It wasn't the team I would have liked to see on the park, but realistically was likely the best available.

It's becoming more and more obvious we need a more physical centre forward and something more to strengthen the right side of the team.

This has all been talked about by the fans and the manager so we will need to see.

30 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Until we play defenders in defence and strikers up front I'm not entirely sure things will change.  We won't score enough and concede too much.

Very much this. I'm less concerned about the personnel than I am about the formation. 3 ay the back needs to be in the bin.

That said, they now have a week to get a loan or three in, if, as we've been told, recruitment activity has been ongoing. I await with interest.

Andy Barrowman mentioned on Tuesday’s webinar that ‘significant funds’ are still available. We need to get those funds utilised this week and plug the holes in the squad! Hopefully the parting comment from RTV/Collins on Friday’s post match interview was a nod towards that happening.

1 hour ago, DaveT said:

In both games mentioned we were down to 10 men, which obviously affects the game.

The Ayr game in league to be honest there wasn't much in it.

Going down to ten men obviously doesn't help, but we never managed a shot on target in the 38 minutes we had eleven on the park at Ayr and, as for Friday, we were never near their box in the first fifteen minutes and second to everything.

Edited by Specky Ginger

30 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

Going down to ten men obviously doesn't help, but we never managed a shot on target in the 38 minutes we had eleven on the park at Ayr, and as for Friday, we were never near their box in the first fifteen minutes and second to everything.

This is another problem - discipline. Both those red cards were avoidable. Yes, the opponent was in and we were in all likelihood about to go 1-0 down, but at least there would 11 men on the park to try and claw it back. Down to 10 and things become far more difficult. 

40 minutes ago, Michael W said:

This is another problem - discipline. Both those red cards were avoidable. Yes, the opponent was in and we were in all likelihood about to go 1-0 down, but at least there would 11 men on the park to try and claw it back. Down to 10 and things become far more difficult. 

Yeah. If there's 5 minutes to go, by all means commit the foul and take your chances but not in the first half. 

It's Sunday morning and I'm still not over Friday evening. We had every right to come in to this season full of optimism-we'd exceeded expectations and the club's profile, attendances and commercial depts. had all seen massive improvements. Decent signings had been made to bolster our defence and we were assured that signing a goal scorer was a priority. Instead, what have we got? A team which looks thoroughly demoralised with key players producing flat performances way below the standards of which they are capable, and loyal fans alienated by the Board's actions towards a popular institution. We are constantly assured of 'transparency' by the hierarchy. This type of 'trust me' speak is endemic, and deservedly risible from politicians. It's time to really clear the air. As I sit here, I can see 2 chances of us reaching the play-offs----no chance and a dog's chance.

36 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Yeah. If there's 5 minutes to go, by all means commit the foul and take your chances but not in the first half. 

I'm not in any way excusing the bad defending in the build up to the red cards, but if you're a defender all you're thinking about is stopping a goal. You're not looking at the clock and deciding at which point losing a goal is preferable to a red card.

We've been in games before where we've gone a man down early and managed to shitfest our way to a result because the ten left on the park have stayed fully focused and given maximum effort. Unfortunately, that was sadly lacking on Friday. For as flukey as the deflection on the first goal was, that was the second time in the game we were caught sleeping at a short corner, which is inexcusable at any level of professional football.