Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

13 minutes ago, charon said:

Climate was more temperate.

Pillaging was encouraged.

Close links with Europe.

A better Time.

Much better time although the coverage I'm watching looks like it's an original celebration

10 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Best Comedy Category at National Television Awards:-

After Life
Fleabag
Sex Education
Mrs Brown's Boys
Derry Girls

4 excellent sitcoms and MBB. Mrs Brown's Boys wins.

Just fucking cancel humanity.

MBB is considerably more popular than the other 4 so it’s no surprise that it won. I haven’t heard of fleabag and had only heard of sex education when the second series came out. Not watched Derry Girls either. After life was hardly a comedy, I don’t remember laughing at any of it, not that I laugh when I watch MBB right enough.

MBB is considerably more popular than the other 4 so it’s no surprise that it won. I haven’t heard of fleabag and had only heard of sex education when the second series came out. Not watched Derry Girls either. After life was hardly a comedy, I don’t remember laughing at any of it, not that I laugh when I watch MBB right enough.
No doubt it's more popular, purely down to it being so broad and it appeals to morons who need a quick and obvious laugh. The same folk who would never find subtle comedies amusing.

After Life was closer to a drama but it definitely had comedy throughout. It was a hard enough watch at times with comedy so it would have been completely depressing without the comedy laced throughout. Fleabag is pretty similar in that it's not always right in your face comedy.

No surprise the one with the laughter track wins though, just an abomination.

I just rewound a cassette tape for the first time in well over a decade.

A long-lost noise that sounds like a wasp stuck in the machine for ages, followed by the surprise of it of actually finishing with a clunk-clunk.  Yaaassss.

6 hours ago, throbber said:

you haven't heard of fleabag? FFS have you been living in a cave the last 18 months- that shite's been overhyped to death.

I don't believe you, mainly out of jealousy but also because this is physically impossible

After life was hardly a comedy, I don’t remember laughing at any of it

I'm not sure "did it make throbber laugh" is the criteria for determining whether something is a comedy or not. It's absolutely a dark comedy.

3 hours ago, Dele said:

I'm sat in the bog at work and some clatty b*****d is wiping their arse, loudly, repeatedly in a back and forward motion. 

What the f**k is going on here. Surely it's one wipe then discard?! 

Yeah, I'm sure there's been a debate had in the past about this and alarming number of people like to smudge shite all over their hole in this fashion. There's also people out there who scrunch their toilet paper instead of folding it.  Sub-human scum.

29 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

Apologies for quoting the Daily Mail but it would appear @throbber and @Shandon Par have one less drinking establishment to frequent:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7942311/Pub-bans-men-wearing-jobby-catcher-tracksuits-flip-flops-bearing-mankles.html

GIRFUY!

92A60405-3542-4E3C-A7C6-701E9B436033.jpeg

32 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

Apologies for quoting the Daily Mail but it would appear @throbber and @Shandon Par have one less drinking establishment to frequent:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7942311/Pub-bans-men-wearing-jobby-catcher-tracksuits-flip-flops-bearing-mankles.html

GIRFUY!

3CE6E851-00B5-492B-9F3F-217FD1DB077D.jpeg

Edited by Shandon Par