Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

On 01/07/2021 at 22:40, tamthebam said:

Just outside Berwick there's a sign for Low Lynn. I always wanted to meet her.

The late Da Bam said he once cycled up a long hill to Killin and someone had written under the village sign "Aye, isn't it"

I always ask passengers in the car the time when heading out of Dundee up the A90.........immediately before passing the Happas 1 sign.......incredibly once I passed the sign at exactly 13.30....and commented that the sign was correct for a change

2 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Probably just had too much caffeine this morning but was welling up there watching her interview about it. Sweet girl. 

Stupid rule anyway, when I used to smoke hash, you would be lucky to get me walking to the kitchen. Running very fast was defiinitely not on the agenda.

4 hours ago, Caledonian1 said:

I always ask passengers in the car the time when heading out of Dundee up the A90.........immediately before passing the Happas 1 sign.......incredibly once I passed the sign at exactly 13.30....and commented that the sign was correct for a change

Sounds like one of those tricks they play on apprentices.

"The sign has stopped, son. Away and wind it up again!"

Yeah, it's bollocks. Poor girl is only 21 and has lost her mum. They ban her for having a spliff or two cos she's upset. Heartless twats. Hope it gets overturned.
Why would it though? If they overturn that then it's a can of worms surely?

She took the chance and it's fucked her. I'm not sure she can have many complaints really.

The rules are in place to stop cheating aren't they? Cannabis shouldn't be against the rules, anyway. It provides no sporting advantage. I feel they could have showed some compassion. 

If she's been on steroids, no sympathy whatsoever. Cannabis? Why do they care? Why not ban alcohol or caffeine if you're going to go down that road? It should be based on whether you can gain a sporting advantage.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

Why not ban alcohol or caffeine if you're going to go down that road? It should be based on whether you can gain a sporting advantage.

They are banned (last time I checked anyway). I remember Gianni Bugno getting done for caffeine.

The rules are in place to stop cheating aren't they? Cannabis shouldn't be against the rules, anyway. It provides no sporting advantage. I feel they could have showed some compassion. 
If she's been on steroids, no sympathy whatsoever. Cannabis? Why do they care? Why not ban alcohol or caffeine if you're going to go down that road? It should be based on whether you can gain a sporting advantage.

It doesn't matter what we think should and shouldn't be against the rules though. If she isn't allowed to take a certain substance then she will surely have been aware of this and has taken a risk and been duly fecked as a result. Her situation, even though it's horrible, is irrelevant.

I'm not allowed to take certain pills in my job so don't as I know doing so could result in me getting in some serious shit/losing my job. We're talking even over the counter co-codamol. It's pathetic (much like the situation she's found herself in) but thems the rules.

Yes but the rules are bollocks, you agree yourself. So why are you defending the rules?
I'm not defending the rules; they are indeed shite, especially if weed is legal in her state. But whether they're shite or not, she's broken them and can't have any complaints.