Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

57 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Video footage of the police incident in London a few days ago. In the middle of the tasers and stabbing a passer by walks up and whacks the guy over the head with a bike.

You can just imagine them moaning,  bloody cyclists..

Edited by bennett

What a carry on trying to get money out of an ATM yesterday afternoon.

Managed to practically park at the ATM at Tesco to save me too much of a walk, but despite offering about 8 different options ranging from "PIN Services" to "Cash", none of them actually worked. Gave up in disgust, while the next man in the queue, despite being told it wasn't working, battered away at the buttons.

Drove off and got parked up, walked round to a Santander ATM, the walk damned near killed me, only to discover it wasn't in the mood for dispensing money, although it did give you a printed statement. Fortunately this bank had two ATMs and the other one was working. After negotiating a confusing number of options, managed to withdraw cash and walked - slowly - back to the car, before returning to Tesco.

It's all go slow when you're a decrepit pensioner.

12 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Managed to practically park at the ATM at Tesco to save me too much of a walk, but despite offering about 8 different options ranging from "PIN Services" to "Cash", none of them actually worked. Gave up in disgust, while the next man in the queue, despite being told it wasn't working, battered away at the buttons.

Drove off and got parked up, walked round to a Santander ATM, the walk damned near killed me, only to discover it wasn't in the mood for dispensing money, although it did give you a printed statement. Fortunately this bank had two ATMs and the other one was working. After negotiating a confusing number of options, managed to withdraw cash and walked - slowly - back to the car, before returning to Tesco.

As they say 3 pay packets you don't get, will return riots.

Cash in hand, every Friday (all other employees last day of the month, bank transfer)...I'm not daft as I look. 

19 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Did you remember to bring half a dozen other cards, then feed them in to the machine and print statements for each?

That might just be something elderly folk do when there's a queue building up behind them. I think you get bonus seethe points for not withdrawing any actual cash.

6 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Did you remember to bring half a dozen other cards, then feed them in to the machine and print statements for each?

That might just be something elderly folk do when there's a queue building up behind them. I think you get bonus seethe points for not withdrawing any actual cash.

It wasn't dispensing cash, as the 2 people behind me also found out, before joining me in the queue for the machine that actually did what the public want it to, dispense cash.

3 minutes ago, BFTD said:

I'm going to answer for him....yes he is old.

Yesterday he went to the bank, with 7 cards, posted 4 in the letter box, then went to the other box round the corner, It's call some forgin name.  Gave his card (NI) to her, and went home.  Posts of his disappointment of service on this thread, then posts a BIG 3 on the quiz thread. 

Thing is, he's still got the dishes to do😀 (love his life).