Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

9 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Got a 1:30am call out to attend a man stuck in a building. Turned up, man was not stuck in building. Man was never stuck in building. Man reported he was stuck in building so engineer would attend as big metal door on outside of building would not move on motor, only on chain.

Man no realise door only move on chain because someone took it off motor setting. Engineer pull cable, door work on motor. All fine in world. 

Man be charged about £500 for this. Unga Bunga.

Fucking idiots.

I was an early internet adopter' - and an early P&B'er.

In about 30 years of social media at last we have a literal 'pulling your chain' event.

Well done the man from Dundee!

9 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

A minority view, but I was cheering on the whales. 

Hate fucking seals. 

They deserved a scran for the way they dealt with the larger piece of ice. I had seen the, knocking the seal off with the wave routine before, but smashing up the big bit of ice was tremendous. 

18 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Frozen Planet 2.... Killer Whales hunting seals on the sea ice is absolutely fucking astounding to watch.

Every black and white animal seems to be an arsehole.

Magpies, killer whales, honey badgers. Zebras are just arsehole horses. 

Fairly sure pandas are up to something too.

On 18/09/2022 at 17:57, Fullerene said:

I told the story before of going to Leicester Square in the days before mobile phones.  There were three public phones with a huge queue for the one on the right.  So I tried the one on the left.  Not only did it work but it gave me my money back.  I told people in the queue but they refused to believe me.

I came back later in the day to use the phone on the left again.  The Queue for the one on the right had hardly moved.

Similar(ish) from me -

1- A couple of weeks back I was queuing at the (apparently) only working ATM in a line if 3.  After a few minutes a young guy sauntered up from nowhere to use one of the (apparently) non-working ATMs.  He got his cash without issue.  I then expected the line I was in to split in 2 to use the 2nd ATM.  Nope.  So, after a respectful few seconds I too took advantage of the working machine (OK Kenneth).  I wandered off having done my business and looked back but still nobody else was using the 2nd machine.  ???

2- A few weeks before the above a guy tried to use an ATM but wasn't able to for some reason.  He left and so did the next 5 or 6 folk in the queue!  I was now transported to the front and thought I'll give it a go - worked perfectly! 

Folk are strange.

I just tried taramasalata for the first time out of sheer curiousity.

Absolutely grim.  Had me on the verge of the boke, which is very unusual for me as I seem to like (or at least not mind) the vast, vast majority of goods.

Any deviants out there who have tried it more than once care to out themselves?

24 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Absolutely grim.  Had me on the verge of the boke, which is very unusual for me as I seem to like (or at least not mind) the vast, vast majority of goods.

I’ve had it more than once but usually as part of an entree selection of dips and pita. Will one small dollop to be polite then get stuck into the others especially if it’s skordalia or kopanisti. 

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

Happily. It's lovely on a bit of crispyish flatbread, with black olives, maybe a bit of cucumber. 

1 hour ago, Eednud said:

I’ve had it more than once but usually as part of an entree selection of dips and pita. Will one small dollop to be polite then get stuck into the others especially if it’s skordalia or kopanisti. 

I wouldn’t have it as a main course, that's just weird. 

On 18/09/2022 at 17:18, Bairnardo said:

Frozen Planet 2.... Killer Whales hunting seals on the sea ice is absolutely fucking astounding to watch.

Just watched that tonight - I thought the seal had got away with it until the 100 year old maw turned up with the rest of the family. Holy shit that was impressive

(unless you're a seal)

18 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Just watched that tonight - I thought the seal had got away with it until the 100 year old maw turned up with the rest of the family. Holy shit that was impressive

(unless you're a seal)

The big ice floater. 

Bring yer 100 year auld maw

On 19/09/2022 at 11:52, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

Every black and white animal seems to be an arsehole.

Magpies, killer whales, honey badgers. Zebras are just arsehole horses. 

Fairly sure pandas are up to something too.

I have a black and white husky/malamute and can confirm she's an arsehole.