Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

10 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Ha! Yes, I try to convince others that I was old enough to see Dundee win the league but that prize goes to the magnificent @Eednud.

I always see you as ages with myself, along with a few others on here such as @Shandon Par, @Mark Connolly, @Bairnardo, @Chris Partlow, @Miguel Sanchez, @The Naitch @bennett, @gannonball.

Then in the 'slightly' older bracket (45-55) we have the likes of @Melanius Mullarkay, @pozbaird@scottsdad, @Bigmouth Strikes Again, @Raidernation, @KnightswoodBear.

About 10 years younger (30-35) we have @Derry Alli (always see him as a younger version of myself), @DA Baracus, @RandomGuy., @Leith Green, @Hoose Rice, @Venti.

I know I'm probably waaay off, but this is the age brackets I have you in.

Must be my childish posts 😉...............I am in fact 55 and shortly to enter a bracket of auld fartness you havent even mentioned, 56-60 🫣

Now I will spend all day reminiscing for my 30-35 yo self where I had was single, childless, was just out a long term relationship and used that as the excuse for bevvying and hitting the class As too much than was good for me - great times (I think) !

Roll on 20 years and I have a kid in Uni, am happily married and am doing Dry January - what a fucking loser 🤪

2 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

I would like to gather opinion on this issue and see no greater way to do so than via the good people of P&B.

As some of you may know I am a teacher. Each Christmas the parents all put money in and buy the teachers a gift. Now as a guy these are usually a bit rubbish. A daft shirt, a mug or some other token so it's not like I look forward to the gift every year. This year, one of the class reps decided that they would donate the money which was gathered from Middle School and donate it to a charity that they are involved with, an Ethiopian children's charity. As a result we each got a wee panettone as a "thank you". 

Although this is undoubtedly a worthwhile cause, should I not have been asked my preference about where the money should go? Am I being a dick by even questioning it?

Dear parents

Next year, please ensure it’s panettone for starving orphans, cash for teacher.

Thank you in advance

Teacher

1 minute ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Is he in Italy? He should have mentioned that before.

I never realised that. My daughter went to quite a posh school where they’d have incredible patisserie stuff and fine wines etc at parents evening etc so a panettone for prof sounded pretty standard. 

6 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Is he in Italy? He should have mentioned that before.

3 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

I never realised that. My daughter went to quite a posh school where they’d have incredible patisserie stuff and fine wines etc at parents evening etc so a panettone for prof sounded pretty standard. 

See?

We were given a Panettone from my cousin in a post Christmas piss up we had here.

I was never really convinced about them, but this one - she got it in Valvona and Crolla, Elm Row - is absolutely amazing, especially a wee (big) slice toasted with loads of butter. 

Yum !

21 minutes ago, RH33 said:

The kids school requests presents aren't given to teachers at Christmas. They've probably all got more tat than they can use!

They are either a bit late or incredibly organised.

33 minutes ago, RH33 said:

The kids school requests presents aren't given to teachers at Christmas. They've probably all got more tat than they can use!

Which is actually fair enough. Better than saying, "As a thank you, we collected money for you then gave it to my favourite charity"

16 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

We were given a Panettone from my cousin in a post Christmas piss up we had here.

I was never really convinced about them, but this one - she got it in Valvona and Crolla, Elm Row - is absolutely amazing, especially a wee (big) slice toasted with loads of butter. 

Yum !

They definitely range in quality. Mrs JB got one this year which was the best I've ever eaten. Made with butter and the candied peel was even tasty.

1 minute ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Cant even spell ffs.

It's Si.

Call yourself a teacher, in Italy? Pfft. 

From now on, every time I see the word Italy mentioned (which is hardly ever by me), you're getting tagged.

12 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Ha! Yes, I try to convince others that I was old enough to see Dundee win the league but that prize goes to the magnificent @Eednud.

I always see you as ages with myself, along with a few others on here such as @Shandon Par, @Mark Connolly, @Bairnardo, @Chris Partlow, @Miguel Sanchez, @The Naitch @bennett, @gannonball.

Then in the 'slightly' older bracket (45-55) we have the likes of @Melanius Mullarkay, @pozbaird@scottsdad, @Bigmouth Strikes Again, @Raidernation, @KnightswoodBear.

About 10 years younger (30-35) we have @Derry Alli (always see him as a younger version of myself), @DA Baracus, @RandomGuy., @Leith Green, @Hoose Rice, @Venti.

This made me laugh out loud. 

I'd have had Chris, Miguel and Gannon all in their 30s and Da Baracus, Leith Green and Hoose Rice as certified older gents for sure. 

The only one on the list I'd have presumed would be younger is Venti due to their anime type pictures. 

17 hours ago, johnnydun said:

It's a good thing your man Alli chimed in below or I would've been declaring war on Dundee.

14 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

I've just read the whole post and @Miguel Sanchez I see as an approaching 30 year old who yells at clouds. I enjoy his dead pan humour

@DA Baracus is the biy. Seeing he's about to turn 40 is an eye opener. Always been one of the sound cűnts on here. Still a cûnt, but a sound ane.

My biggest surprise on the post is people see @Chris Partlow as that age. I always thought he was mid twenties. Again, thoroughly enjoyable poster.

I made cheesy pasta for tea tonight which I believe even @Venti would be proud of.

Edit : I was complaining of my sleep pattern being ruined and after day 1 (a fucking hard days graft at that) I was practically unable to speak and flaked out at 8pm. This is me awake again. Hello darkness my old friend.

20 hours ago, Raidernation said:

Close, just a few years older than your suggestion. Must be my mature posting skills 

Aye, that'll be it, allright...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-67885713

Paralympian Oscar Pistorius has been freed on parole from a South African jail, nearly 11 years after murdering his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2024/jan/10/former-royal-marines-prosthetic-legs-stolen-from-parked-car

A former Royal Marine has launched an appeal for information on social media after a set of his prosthetic legs were stolen when his car was broken into in west London.

Coincidence ?  I think not.

Edited by Florentine_Pogen

Any time I've gone into, or even walk past my local Chinese coming home from work, it's a wee boy who can't be any older than 12 or 13 working on the til taking orders. Sometimes a younger girl, his sister presumably, is with him. This is every single day I'm talking here. He is obviously the owner's son, but I really don't like the thought of a wee boy coming home from school then immediately having to go work in his da's shop for 5 or 6 hours everyday. 

Should I report this to some sort of child protection services, or am I being a Helen Lovejoy?