Gigs

pilsner_ffc

7 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I'm a bit late for tonight but for anyone going to Bellahouston on Sunday or Tuesday, I live a ten minute walk away and there's basically no extra traffic on my road tonight. If you don't mind an extra walk (although I think it's supposed to piss down both days) you could do that.

What street mate?

11 hours ago, GTG_03 said:

Going to the black keys tomorrow night at the ovo. Any recommendations for pubs close by for before and after?

Argyle st at the top of Finnieston St there is plenty of choice. Sat out in the sunshine at Lebowskies the other night.

9 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Really enjoyed Muse at Bellahouston Park this evening. Quality show.

Aye brilliant , can't believe it's been 15 years since I last seen them ! Kudos to Matt for still coming right down the runway on thought contagion when it was raining so hard I literally couldn't keep my eyes open ! 

10 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Really enjoyed Muse at Bellahouston Park this evening. Quality show.

Looking ahead to Tuesday, I have some important questions. What drinks are on sale at the bar? And what are the prices?

24 minutes ago, microdave said:

Looking ahead to Tuesday, I have some important questions. What drinks are on sale at the bar? And what are the prices?

Didn't peruse the full menu but my only trip to the bar was 2 lagers (carlsberg) and 2 ciders and it was £26 . 

Another one at Muse here, absolutely outstanding, loved every minute. That's a band and a production crew at the top of their game, incredible.

Twin Atlantic in support were pish. So basic. The Warning before them were excellent. Three Mexican sisters playing right good rock music. Would love to see them in their own show. Really entertaining watch too particularly the drummer.

Loads of folk around us moaning about the time Muse were going on at. First of all, there's a power of work to do in turnover between support and a main act like that, you can't cut corners. Ok maybe they could have gone on slightly earlier, but it's an outdoor gig with pyro and a massive light show. They're always going to leave it as late as possible so it's as dark as it can be. Plus, set times are communicated before the show, they were on time.

55 minutes ago, microdave said:

£6.50 for a Carlsberg, £7.50 for a spirit and mixer. For a rum & coke, it was rum, and then some flat Pepsi Max poured out of a plastic bottle. Apparently they can't give you "a shot" as they put it, so if you want to get a can from a food vendor & sort out your own measure, or just have a wee whisky, tough luck. Another joke was the 150 step airport style zigzag to get to the bar, even when it was close to empty.

Anyway, a great gig, as was The Hu on Thursday. They were excellent. The sound and the crowd were much better than at SWG3 in December. Thoroughly enjoyed it!

At Muse too. Absolutely amazing stuff from them. 16 years since the last time I seen them and show and band were top notch.

1 hour ago, DG.Roma said:

Twin Atlantic in support were pish. So basic. The Warning before them were excellent.

This was my fourth time seeing Twin Atlantic. I wouldn't say they were bad, but if it'd been up to me there's between 2-4 from that setlist I'dve swapped out and I think it'dve gone better. Ok, it's before Muse Sam, but no-one that doesn't already like you will be convinced by your weird electronic-type songs. First album mate, first album.
The Warning got it right and got a much better reception. Maybe go see them headline too if things worked out right.

As for the times, everything should've been earlier imo. Probably held back because it was a Friday and they wanted to wait for the work punters to get there, but 90% of the time the main act will come on at 9 instead of 9.20. Use that as a starting point, shift everything forwards 20mins and you'll have the same time for turnover but an earlier finish.
Or maybe I'm just moaning cause I was the sad b*****d outside from 10.30am. 20th in the que and was at the barrier though, so worth it.

4 hours ago, AnderooMFC said:

At Muse too. Absolutely amazing stuff from them. 16 years since the last time I seen them and show and band were top notch.

This was my fourth time seeing Twin Atlantic. I wouldn't say they were bad, but if it'd been up to me there's between 2-4 from that setlist I'dve swapped out and I think it'dve gone better. Ok, it's before Muse Sam, but no-one that doesn't already like you will be convinced by your weird electronic-type songs. First album mate, first album.
The Warning got it right and got a much better reception. Maybe go see them headline too if things worked out right.

As for the times, everything should've been earlier imo. Probably held back because it was a Friday and they wanted to wait for the work punters to get there, but 90% of the time the main act will come on at 9 instead of 9.20. Use that as a starting point, shift everything forwards 20mins and you'll have the same time for turnover but an earlier finish.
Or maybe I'm just moaning cause I was the sad b*****d outside from 10.30am. 20th in the que and was at the barrier though, so worth it.

Re the last paragraph, when and where do you pee? I could never last that long.

38 minutes ago, microdave said:

I've always wondered that too. I wouldn't have the brass neck to push my way back to the front of the crowd after a pee break or going to get drinks etc.

5 hours ago, microdave said:

5 hours ago, The Naitch said:

I've always wondered that too. I wouldn't have the brass neck to push my way back to the front of the crowd after a pee break or going to get drinks etc.

One dude did manage to get out and back in with two pints just after the gates opened. I'm surprised he got back. Normally the crowd is ok if they saw you leave or can see your pal you're trying to get back too. They did have a row of portapotties on the outside of the gate so the last time you could've reasonably went and not felt bad was about 3.30pm.

Personally I had one bottle of pepsi sitting in the que and that was all I had to drink during that time. An intentional partial dehydration.