Unpopular opinions.

Just now, Miguel Sanchez said:

Do you want me to do a DA Baracus post about how drinking and telling people you like drinking is so cool and funny and manly? I will.

Aye go on. Make it quick though, I’ve just made a Manhattan and I’m watching Top of the Pops before the Forfar V Utd game comes on.

22 hours ago, Mr Waldo said:

I've heard Phil Collins on the radio twice this week.  I never changed the station because I enjoyed it. 

19 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

Mods!

No, you're thinking of Paul Weller, not Phil Collins 

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

Always quite fancied trying that powdered ethanol in capsules that never made it to market. Apparently got you pished super quick, without the hangover, and no need to keep staggering to the lavvy.

In the meantime, pints of cocktail are the clear answer.

Just drink antifreeze Dave.

Drag shows (like RuPaul's Drag Race) are absolutely shite. They're just full of shrieking arseholes who are sooooo outrageous

Drag acts in general are pish. They're just incredibly dull.

14 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Drag shows (like RuPaul's Drag Race) are absolutely shite. They're just full of shrieking arseholes who are sooooo outrageous

I’ve never watched any of them but there seem to be loads on TV now and drag queens seem very current. There was the semi-scandal about primary schools having drag queens read stories to children and IIRC there was even a drag queen who lost work because she spoke at a rally alongside Tommy Robinson.

I’m sure this says something about our culture today but I’m not sure what. I’m not sure I want to know to be honest.

4 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I’ve never watched any of them but there seem to be loads on TV now and drag queens seem very current. There was the semi-scandal about primary schools having drag queens read stories to children and IIRC there was even a drag queen who lost work because she spoke at a rally alongside Tommy Robinson.

I’m sure this says something about our culture today but I’m not sure what. I’m not sure I want to know to be honest.

No issue with a drag queen reading kids stories. That was a silly 'scandal'.

Probably quite a popular opinion that people are afraid to voice incase they're labelled as homophobic when in reality anyone who runs about shrieking being dramatic is an arsehole regardless of gender or sexual orientation.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Netflix has been nagging me to watch RuPaul's Drag Race for years. I struggle to find something I'm interested in watching on there at the best of times, so it might happen one day.

I originally thought it was literally a show about drag queens taking part in racing dirty great fast cars, which I'm pretty sure I would have watched by now.

Spoiler

This is still a quality tune, though.

54 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

No issue with a drag queen reading kids stories. That was a silly 'scandal'.

The primary involved was the one my kids used to go too. The issue wasn't the drag queen reading kids a story, the issue was s/he posted a photo of the P3 class on their insta which was public and fully of explicit photos of himself. 

8 minutes ago, RH33 said:

The primary involved was the one my kids used to go too. The issue wasn't the drag queen reading kids a story, the issue was s/he posted a photo of the P3 class on their insta which was public and fully of explicit photos of himself. 

Mhairi Black had an absolute howler on twitter in the aftermath and must have been delighted that lockdown came and deflected from her absolute clanger. I wouldn’t have been remotely bothered if the individual had come to my kids school but you can hardly be surprised at some parents reaction. Great times.

4 minutes ago, throbber said:

Mhairi Black had an absolute howler on twitter in the aftermath and must have been delighted that lockdown came and deflected from her absolute clanger. I wouldn’t have been remotely bothered if the individual had come to my kids school but you can hardly be surprised at some parents reaction. Great times.

Yes called the parents homophobes and missed the point of the actual problem.