The Falkirk FC Thread

Cooper is one of the best trainers in the squad, it sadly doesn't reflect in any 1st team opportunities he's had. I wouldn't even say he's that consistent in the development squad matches.

Can see him going out on loan, doubt Smith will be though.

Like Rogers, I feel Dick will benefit staying season at stranraer playing week in week out, we recall him and he won't get a sniff, we may have recall option if something happens later on

Edit: seeing Dick give Willie Gibson a rollicking was classic and shows he is growing in confidence and responsibility

Aye but what happens if Leahy leaves in this window? We'd be left with a 17 year old left back with no back up. I'm not suggesting that we recall him for the sake of it as getting games at Stranraer will obviously help him but if Leahy leaves we have only young Gallagher available for cup matches (if we get any further obviously).

Cooper is one of the best trainers in the squad, it sadly doesn't reflect in any 1st team opportunities he's had. I wouldn't even say he's that consistent in the development squad matches.

Can see him going out on loan, doubt Smith will be though.

How many first team starts has he had this season ?

Clearly doesnt see eye to eye with Houstie, Ross county development game he was involved in 5 of the 6 goals, can take a corner, free kick, something we tend to lack in the first 11 and if he cant do more than Smith from the bench, when I can with an arthritic ankle(sarcasm tho feels like I can), then fair play

Aye but what happens if Leahy leaves in this window? We'd be left with a 17 year old left back with no back up. I'm not suggesting that we recall him for the sake of it as getting games at Stranraer will obviously help him but if Leahy leaves we have only young Gallagher available for cup matches (if we get any further obviously).

I doubt Leahy will leave in this window, no one will give us the cash that we will be looking for him and quite rightly too, doubt he will do it down south. If we get to the final again, Im sure Dick can play if needed !!!

Surely would be a good option to have though. Sometimes if plan a isnt working you need something different on the bench. A decent winger would be a good addition in my mind.

That is what we have full backs for, just the way the game is now I guess. If Houston was to play a wider four then he would have to ditch a front player - surely thats the last thing we want?

I would much rather we get a right back who can get forward so we could use Muirhead at CH.

Edited by Back Post Misses

So we should just bin Cooper and Smith then? Sign more central midfielders?

I would certainly get another player for the centre of the park.

3 reasons

1. Kerr is playing with an injury

2. Vaulks will probably go in the summer so giving someone time to settle in

3. Not convinced Alston will be there next year either and his form can be hit or miss.

I would keep one of the two you mention, probably Smith.

Edited by Back Post Misses

From what I have saw of Smith and Cooper I would stick with Cooper. Smith has pace but that's about it. The most one dimensional player I think we have along with Shephard. At least Cooper cuts inside now and again and can give you something a bit different.

Hearing rumours that Mcgrandles will be in before the Hibs game. That would be a great addition if true.

Please let this happen hope the lad hasn't had his confidence shattered though...gives us legs & skill in any of the midfield positions

If anything, I'd think his confidence will be high.

He'll be fitter and stronger than when he left us and has been playing against a good standard of opposition, albeit young.