The Falkirk FC Thread

Are you saying we are signing this guy?

No. I have no idea whether we're signing him or not.

The club simply don't like names being made public, though they invariably come out anyway. Over the course of this season, I think the only signing we've made who wasn't named in advance on an online fans forum was Paul Watson.

.....because I'd be as popular as a fart in a phonebox if I did.

I'm probably allowed to correct a wrong assumption but that's about as far as I can go.

With your contacts at the club I'm sure it won't take you long to find out BPM.

Fair douze my friend but Can ye not even give us a clue, who he used to play for or suhin?

The club simply don't like names being made public, though they invariably come out anyway. Over the course of this season, I think the only signing we've made who wasn't named in advance on an online fans forum was Paul Watson.

I think we've tightened up a bit.

I remember in the SPL everyone and there dug knew who was signing. Nae surprises.

Nowadays people know in the hours leading up but not days and weeks.

Also when we appointed Gary Holt that came completely out the blue to every Falkirk fan I know.

Not even a small rumour about that 1

Am hearing the trialists first name is Scott! Persons not sure off a second name...... Any truth in this bainsfordbairn?

Guys, I'm doing a bit about Brockville on my scottish football grounds blog.

My last piece was about Bo'ness and Lithgae if you fancy a look.

I remember the "last game" in April 2000 when they carried a coffin on the pitch and Les Fridge saved 2 Scott Crabbe penalties. But the actual last game, was that the one ICT nicked 3-2 right at the end in 2003?

Also, has anybody got any anecdotes etc or is there anywhere with memories of the place. I'm not a Falkirk supporter but I did go and watch them especially in Jefferies time as manager.

Guys, I'm doing a bit about Brockville on my scottish football grounds blog.

My last piece was about Bo'ness and Lithgae if you fancy a look.

I remember the "last game" in April 2000 when they carried a coffin on the pitch and Les Fridge saved 2 Scott Crabbe penalties. But the actual last game, was that the one ICT nicked 3-2 right at the end in 2003?

Also, has anybody got any anecdotes etc or is there anywhere with memories of the place. I'm not a Falkirk supporter but I did go and watch them especially in Jefferies time as manager.

Sorry to see that you've not had a very good response to this.

Brockville was like any other good old traditional football ground, I loved the place and can still smell it, but I can't really think of any interesting enough anecdotes for your blog. I'll add a couple of bits-and-bobs though

The 3-2 game you mention should have finished 2-2 but Huge Phallus decided to let ICT's 'winner' count despite the ball going a fucking mile over the by-line in the build up 'cause he was a horrible c'nt of a referee who had a genuine dislike for the Bairns. c**t.

First floodlit Scottish game to be shown on telly was from Brockville way back in nineteen-canteen.

The furthest/longest kick of a football in football history occured during a game at Brockville, the ball sailed over the Hope Street end and was later found in Perth ... in the back of a goods train* :P

On a personal note my favourite match at Brockville was most probably a win over Dunfermline in the early 90s - Dunfermline scored and their fans duly celebrated like f'ck, it took a moment or two though to twig that something wasn't quite right and Dunfermline cheers turned to Falkirk cheers when the goal was firstly disallowed ... and then a Dunfermline player (Neale Cooper) was sent off for a foul in the build up. Utter scenes ^_^

There was a ghost at the Hope Street end, I'm sure someone can produce a photo.

Also, when thinking back to Brockville, I can't help but think of a guy who stood along from me in the Hope Street end wearing a crash helmet - he did so for every game and for the full 90 minutes - not sure what he thought was going to happen :unsure2:

Oh ... and Simon Stainrod knelt on the ball :)

*quite possibly an urban myth/absolute bullshit.

Sorry to see that you've not had a very good response to this.

Brockville was like any other good old traditional football ground, I loved the place and can still smell it, but I can't really think of any interesting enough anecdotes for your blog. I'll add a couple of bits-and-bobs though

The 3-2 game you mention should have finished 2-2 but Huge Phallus decided to let ICT's 'winner' count despite the ball going a fucking mile over the by-line in the build up 'cause he was a horrible c'nt of a referee who had a genuine dislike for the Bairns. c**t.

First floodlit Scottish game to be shown on telly was from Brockville way back in nineteen-canteen.

The furthest/longest kick of a football in football history occured during a game at Brockville, the ball sailed over the Hope Street end and was later found in Perth ... in the back of a goods train* :P

On a personal note my favourite match at Brockville was most probably a win over Dunfermline in the early 90s - Dunfermline scored and their fans duly celebrated like f'ck, it took a moment or two though to twig that something wasn't quite right and Dunfermline cheers turned to Falkirk cheers when the goal was firstly disallowed ... and then a Dunfermline player (Neale Cooper) was sent off for a foul in the build up. Utter scenes ^_^

There was a ghost at the Hope Street end, I'm sure someone can produce a photo.

Also, when thinking back to Brockville, I can't help but think of a guy who stood along from me in the Hope Street end wearing a crash helmet - he did so for every game and for the full 90 minutes - not sure what he thought was going to happen :unsure2:

Oh ... and Simon Stainrod knelt on the ball :)

*quite possibly an urban myth/absolute bullshit.

Surely the bomb hoax deserves a mention.