The Falkirk FC Thread

I'd still expect you to finish in the play-offs, which puts so much more meaning in the season for everyone with a realistic shot at the top 4.

Aye . At least we know what we need to get on board when it comes to winning the playoffs now but it wont make it any easier next season.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

You're probably right, I can't see us having as good a season as we did this year and there's surely no way Hibs will blow such a huge budget for a third season in a row in the league.

St Mirren will undoubtedly improve on last year but the likes of Clarkson and Hutton don't worry me. Raith have appointed a buffoon so will drop off. Dunfermline have a fairly settled squad but are unproven at this level. Dundee United are a complete wildcard as they've no players but will probably have a decent budget.

My fear is that Houston signs a bunch of the jobbers Dundee United let go, haddies like Sean Dillon or John Rankin. We should be looking to the lower leagues or down South for players with something to prove.

To be fair majority of our squad have re signed and are only a couple of new signings away from a decent side, we should be still challenging for the play offs next season

You're probably right, I can't see us having as good a season as we did this year and there's surely no way Hibs will blow such a huge budget for a third season in a row in the league.

St Mirren will undoubtedly improve on last year but the likes of Clarkson and Hutton don't worry me. Raith have appointed a buffoon so will drop off. Dunfermline have a fairly settled squad but are unproven at this level. Dundee United are a complete wildcard as they've no players but will probably have a decent budget.

My fear is that Houston signs a bunch of the jobbers Dundee United let go, haddies like Sean Dillon or John Rankin. We should be looking to the lower leagues or down South for players with something to prove.

Agree with all of this. We have signed arguably the best striker in league 2 who is still young and will develop, let's hope he can make the step up.

I think Houston will be looking at a more physical team next year and with the way we play, who can blame him. Expect it to be a big season for Hippolyte.

Agree with all of this. We have signed arguably the best striker in league 2 who is still young and will develop, let's hope he can make the step up.

I think Houston will be looking at a more physical team next year and with the way we play, who can blame him. Expect it to be a big season for Hippolyte.

agree re hypolyte I think he is potentially a better replacement for Alston than craigen. ..is taller faster and a better physical specimen. Not as accomplished as Alston yet re tracking back tackling composure finishing but has the raw materials

Aye . At least we know what we need to get on board when it comes to winning the playoffs now but it wont make it any easier next season.

I don't think we know owt about winning the play offs, using the Killie game as an example for next season,it will mean heehaw if in the same position again unless its a similar Killie team again. We wouldn't have had the same physical battle with other teams in that bottom section of the SPL, that's how it goes

Easy enough saying we need a bit of more dig/pace in the midfield due to getting exposed there, but there are more ways to skin a cat. I'm finding it impossible to think we will have a season like last season, losing only 4 league games, but we can only hope Sunday makes them stronger

Was thinking the same thing about how hard it will be to only lose four games again but we did draw lots of games and if we turn more of these into wins then we could lose more games but have more points. Off the top of my head we lost five points to livvi...drew at alloa and dumbarton

We'll absolutely romp the league next season.

I actually agree with you. 

You will lose players but will bring in enough quality to win it. 

Will grant be fit for preseason? I seem to remember reading somewhere prognosis was for September?

The last estimate was September. I think the club are wary about putting a more definite timescale out to avoid putting pressure on the lad. So I wouldn't expect to see him preseason.

Beginning to hope they do get a million pound fine now.

Tbh if Petrie wants anyone who broke the ma to be punished and Hibs co-operate, they could be a few thousand fans down. Encroaching on the pitch IS a criminal offence. Banning order been dished out to our fans for this in the past - why should they be different?

The only way we're ever going to get promoted is by going full tilt for the number one spot. Worst year for me was when Strangers got demoted and Dundee nicked the extra promotion spot. We sold Higgie and Wallace after the League Cup Semi v Celtic and the whole team seemed to go into apathy for the rest of the season with County way ahead, including Pressley. We let Dundee catch up and overtake us without a whimper, almost as if that was the plan.

Tbh if Petrie wants anyone who broke the ma to be punished and Hibs co-operate, they could be a few thousand fans down. Encroaching on the pitch IS a criminal offence. Banning order been dished out to our fans for this in the past - why should they be different?

Sectarian singing is also a criminal offence but the police ignore what happens in a football stadium so running on to the pitch should be treated the same.