The Falkirk FC Thread

McGrandles returning in a central midfield role would be a quality piece of business. He seemed out of sorts on the right when he came in and it seemed to impact the balance of the team. A pairing of Connor and Kerr would boss most midfields in this league.

1 hour ago, PG.Colossus said:

Why should we be looking for bargains to replace the players we sell? The message we've been getting from the BOD is that everything is hunky dory in the finance department so why don't do something really crazy for once like taking the (alleged) £500K we'll get from Vaulks' transfer and sign another player for £500K? I understood 3/4 years ago the need to balance the books but I'm now getting fecked off with selling our best young players for decent cash season after season and seeing virtual freebies come in.

The problem isn't so much the transfer fee even if its pretty large its the wages that come with a 500k player. H'ed need to be paid a fair few grand a week and that's going to cause ruptions in the rest of the squad never mind the fact that it turns a 500k player into a closer to million pound player over two season. That's why we need to keep hold of our good players. Its virtrually impossible for a club our size to replace the likes of vaulks unless we do so through the loan market.

4 minutes ago, PG.Colossus said:

McGrandles returning in a central midfield role would be a quality piece of business. He seemed out of sorts on the right when he came in and it seemed to impact the balance of the team. A pairing of Connor and Kerr would boss most midfields in this league.

This exactly.

would be very optimistic of a title push, and would be a show of intent, but I'm getting way ahead of myself, as much as I'd like to see it, I can't see it coming to fruition. 

2 minutes ago, lewfal said:

so why all the chat about Vaulks being away when there's been nothing in the media at all about it today?

A post this morning on here saying he is doing his medical down south.

May actually be pish mind you.

5 minutes ago, thelocalcat said:

I'm pretty certain McGrandles will be back if Vaulks goes. Also I saw him not long ago with no crutches looking fairly mobile.

I saw him doing shuttle runs at Bankier Primary School so he can't be far away

The problem isn't so much the transfer fee even if its pretty large its the wages that come with a 500k player. H'ed need to be paid a fair few grand a week and that's going to cause ruptions in the rest of the squad never mind the fact that it turns a 500k player into a closer to million pound player over two season. That's why we need to keep hold of our good players. Its virtrually impossible for a club our size to replace the likes of vaulks unless we do so through the loan market.

Fair point. It's just frustrating to see them go but that's the joy of being attached to a local club like Falkirk! The loan market is the way to go. Think someone on here mentioned Liam Henderson, if we can bring in guys like that then it'll certainly dampen the frustration. Guys like John Rankin not so much.

45 minutes ago, hope street said:

It's 100% correct unfortunately

Boooooooo.

Houstie speaking after losing to Stirling said "we missed his presence".

What will he say after St Johnstone?

Answers on a postcard please.

Fair point. It's just frustrating to see them go but that's the joy of being attached to a local club like Falkirk! The loan market is the way to go. Think someone on here mentioned Liam Henderson, if we can bring in guys like that then it'll certainly dampen the frustration. Guys like John Rankin not so much.

If Henderson returns to this division it won't be to our club.