The Falkirk FC Thread

Why  not a swap deal then
 We could punt a couple that haven't worked out for us and take one or two that haven't worked out somewhere else.Couldn't be any worse than craigen or Rankin have been. Let's face it no change and you can basically forget anything apart from a fight for probably 4th.

I am convinced nothing is going to happen. All sorts of rumours floating about now about Houston's relationship with the Board since Ronnie Bateman left.

It is only one of three things that stop the freshening up

1. No money
2. No trust in Houston, so we should get shot
3. BoD content with squad and think they will get us to the play offs.

Whatever it is another chronic display on Saturday and a loss then Houston is going to feel the wrath. And if the Board sit and continue to do nothing they should be in the firing line too.

Houstons signings in the close season have been poor but he had us over performing last season Scottish cup final year before that and this season our target is play offs which I believe we will achieve. Changing managers is a risky business I'd stick as is remember we've been competing with hearts rangers hibs and Dundee utd

First season he underachieved big style in the league. This was papered over by a pretty easy cup run that got us to the final where we made a total hash of it. Last season we overachieved by one place probably . This season we've gone backwards and with the 3rd biggest budget in the league that should be the minimum target. We should be achieving that comfortably with the budget available to him and not scraping it due to dire signings. 

There are easy hits there though. Rory Loy for example. Would anyone complain if we took him back?

For me though one signing could transform this team entirely if it comes in the right position.

Apart from personnel issues, the players we have arent playing to their potential. We have seen it in some games this season it hasnt been totally absent. There have been spells of really nice football but not enough and I cant figure out why. That is as much a concern to me as signings.

I think Loy is the typical lazy Houston signing which fits a theme replicated in the summer. Signing players that don't fit into a style of play when attacking, i.e. Craigen. Our forward line is more than capable in this league with Baird, Miller and McHugh all capable of grabbing in the region of 30 goals between them in a season. We also have O'Hara and Austin who could have the potential to be top strikers for us.

The key thing for me is providing these players with the chances to score goals which we aren't doing often enough at the moment. We are weak as piss on the right side of the park at the moment, over reliant on Sibbald in the middle to create and Hippolyte often being isolated when he gets the ball on the left.

6 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

I am convinced nothing is going to happen. All sorts of rumours floating about now about Houston's relationship with the Board since Ronnie Bateman left.

It is only one of three things that stop the freshening up

1. No money
2. No trust in Houston, so we should get shot
3. BoD content with squad and think they will get us to the play offs.

Whatever it is another chronic display on Saturday and a loss then Houston is going to feel the wrath. And if the Board sit and continue to do nothing they should be in the firing line too.

I suspect this. We're not going to catch Hibs/United now, and I think we'll end up 3rd fairly comfortably be the end of the season. Whilst an extra player or two might get us to the final again, it that financial outlay worth it only to get steamrollered by what looks a much stronger bottom of the Premiership this season? 

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

There are easy hits there though. Rory Loy for example. Would anyone complain if we took him back?

For me though one signing could transform this team entirely if it comes in the right position.

Swap Loy with Shepherd from boxing day and the formation may have worked. We have players who look up and see Shepherd available and won't pass to him, where in their head, I won't get the give and go with him or he'll just lose it.

I personally see Loy as our only hope to save the season and I'd be surprised if it didn't work, which is the main thing with player recruitment. I personally cudnt give a fuk if its classed as lazy, the big thing is if the player produces on the park.

Tho seeing Loy, Murdoch and Alston at the game on Monday, I'm sure he'd not be keen on a loan back, any of the three after watching how pish we were.

Swap Loy with Shepherd from boxing day and the formation may have worked. We have players who look up and see Shepherd available and won't pass to him, where in their head, I won't get the give and go with him or he'll just lose it.
I personally see Loy as our only hope to save the season and I'd be surprised if it didn't work, which is the main thing with player recruitment. I personally cudnt give a fuk if its classed as lazy, the big thing is if the player produces on the park.
Tho seeing Loy, Murdoch and Alston at the game on Monday, I'm sure he'd not be keen on a loan back, any of the three after watching how pish we were.

Lord help us if Rory Loy is our only hope to save the season [emoji23]

29 minutes ago, Trump said:

Lord help us if Rory Loy is our only hope to save the season emoji23.png

Yep we will be fine with McHugh seen his best last 10 games last season never to get close again, Miller, who has surprised me but we are not gonna get a full season of high level performances from. Austin injured, O'Hara 18 and although I'd love it if he was the answer, its asking too much and Shepherd....well I'd rather watch a binbag blow in the wind than Shepherd, pretty much the same thing.

Baird will do the Scally thing and run through a brickwall but there isn't a great deal of creativity up top.

Unless Austin or OHara steps up, we need to freshen as we don't look like scoring with what we have at the moment which has been proven against teams in the bottom half

Just now, Trump said:

Not disputing that. But if we can't get any service to him then it's absolutely pointless. Distribution from the back and in our midfield is horrendous at the moment.

I agree but I'd take him anyway. Feck, he'd even be a better option at wide right.

I agree but I'd take him anyway. Feck, he'd even be a better option at wide right.

No, he wouldn't. This is the problem we are facing. Trying to plug players in where they don't actually play, i.e. Craigen and Shepherd out wide on the right. Take him on loan for what anyway? 6 months? To do what? Finished 3rd and go out against Dundee Utd or Hibs? Save the cash for next year and rebuild properly, starting with getting rid of the dross who are out of contract, deciding what formation to play and recruit players based on that.