The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, thelocalcat said:

There was a rumour Hughes kicked Pressley's head in when he came back as livi boss, assuming that's what bairnsfordbairn is on about.

Don't think that's quite what happened pmsl. I'm sure that would've been made known if it was that bad.

There was a rumour Hughes kicked Pressley's head in when he came back as livi boss, assuming that's what bairnsfordbairn is on about.

This is the first I've heard of this.

I didn't think it was possible for me to love anyone more than I loved Yogi. This revelation has given me adoration on a whole new level.

2 hours ago, Crawford Baptie said:

Listening to the interview with Houston after the game. Think we could see Leahy back in the team as of next week.

Leahy should never have been taken out of the team anyway.

He was doing fine and dropping him has just unsettled the defence even more.

I'm not sold on the idea of Yogi coming back (although my retrospective opinion towards him has mellowed somewhat over the past few years) but if this rumour about him kicking shit out of Pressley is true I'd buy him the train ticket myself.

The 'who can we get that's better?' brigade can GTF as well. Surely we invite CVs and choose the best candidate. We'll be an attractive proposition next season with one of the biggest budgets in the league and a chance for a new manager to build their own squad. 

Yo listen up here's a story
About a little guy that lives in a blue world
And all day and all night and everything he sees
Is just blue
Like him inside and outside
Blue his house with a blue little window
And a blue Corvette
And everything is blue for him
And himself and everybody around
Cause he ain't got nobody to listen
I'm Blue da ba dee da ba daa
I'm Blue da ba dee da ba daa

28 minutes ago, Falkirk_Bairn_1983 said:

Been told stories of major dressing room unrest. Houston had a big bust up big Grant and a few others. 

Can't see him lasting long. Wouldn't surprise me if he chucked it soon.

Aye good mate of mine washes the kits, heard Scott Shepherd kicked his head in.

we've been playing like pressleys 12/13 season for weeks now, at least that squad were all about 17 and weighed 9 stone between them, whats this lots excuse? other than gallacher and o'hara  who its too early to call I cant see any of the rest of our squad going any further than a mid table spfl side. after being touted as the next best thing wee sibs could well end up wishing he stuck in at school.

yogi might well have given us great memories of good football, cup finals , skelping the big teams including the old firm and all that but he is also in a way responsible for the utter fuckin pish we had to watch from 2010-2014. never forget he signed the likes of neil McCann Jackie mcnamara burton o brian and lee bullen who were either too auld too shite or both. and had next to no re sale value.

As for Houston hes done not too bad for us, but he is your type-cast provincial diddy team manager and as such can only go so far with us and it looks like he has.  personaly I'd go for someone young with a bit ore hunger and energy about them , someone who can get us playing fast attacking entertaining fitbaw even at the expense of conceding a few more goals and I'd imagine most would agree. But you know what ? fitbaw fans are a strange bunch, playing great football but not picking up points doesn't take long to get the fans on your back! the last time we tried to break the mold was with gary holt! his signings were questionable but he had presslys team playing 10x better, it was like a breath of fresh air even if only because of what we had seen before that. and that was his first ever go at being the main man. But fans weren't realy buying it. crowds were only up a couple hundred on the season before , 4000 for a playoff semi final at £12 for adults?  we had more than that for last weeks snorefest in the freezing cold!

I used to be one of those sack the board types but sometimes  I even feel a wee bit sorry for them, damned if you do damned if you dont

Its on the SPFL website every week. And to be fair I dont think I've ever seen it all top flight. They usually go out of their way to include some lower league players. Dom Thomas was in it last week, Joe Thomson the week before and Dobbie has been in it several times this season.

They never have it all Top flight. Callachan and M'Voto have both been in it several times. Mark Stewart has also been the star-man in it this season as well.

24 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

Serious question. What were bairns fans realistically expecting from this season? You're still in the mix for the playoffs. Is the fan unrest more to do with the style of football that Houston has the team playing?

Style of football, dreadful signings the list goes on. We finished  27 points ahead of Morton last season. We're now behind them in the league and got pumped out the cup by them with hardly as much as a whimper. Whilst it was always going to be difficult to compete with Hibs again this season , with a bigger budget this term we should be at least pushing du for second and should be comfortably in 3rd place but we'll be lucky to get into the playoffs unless something is done now. 

15 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Style of football, dreadful signings the list goes on. We finished  27 points ahead of Morton last season. We're now behind them in the league and got pumped out the cup by them with hardly as much as a whimper. Whilst it was always going to be difficult to compete with Hibs again this season , with a bigger budget this term we should be at least pushing du for second and should be comfortably in 3rd place but we'll be lucky to get into the playoffs unless something is done now. 

Fair enough. I was one of the ones calling for Duffy's head at the start of the season for some of those reasons. Football was pish, squad looked unbalanced, lost to Ayr and Queens Park in a short space of time. Unbelievable how we've turned it around. Maybe Houston will do the same?

Fair enough. I was one of the ones calling for Duffy's head at the start of the season for some of those reasons. Football was pish, squad looked unbalanced, lost to Ayr and Queens Park in a short space of time. Unbelievable how we've turned it around. Maybe Houston will do the same?

That's a fair comment but I think it's more that the fight has gone out of the team. Decent players all over the park who aren't playing terribly, just playing within themselves.
2nd half of last season we weren't hammering teams but we were fighting for every point up to the last second. The team doesn't seem to have any urgency.