The Falkirk FC Thread

6 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

92 days to the new season, which is the same length of time Sputnik was in orbit for, travelling 43,495,983 miles

Tomorrow you can tell us how long Adele's album '21' spent at the top of the charts. :)

25 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Keep the heid up, NBB.

I am enjoying a random number-based trivium each day.

Don't let those with no patience ruin it for everyone. Yes I'm looking at you @ShaggerG

I'm really sorry. Please don't send me to Coventry, look what happened to Pressley! 

9 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Has he deleted his Twitter page?

Brilliant, where do we get them for this job.

Biggest budget called down by the Mngr.

Stop using a badge we don't own boys or I'll get someone after you.

Then runs away instead of facing up to it, seriously?

He has clearly made an error of judgement in trying to address this on social media and with an overly heavy handed approach. For that he should rightly take some stick. I don't see this issue as a sign of gross incompetence as some are suggesting though. He has, for the most part, been good in his role so far and is clearly working with the best intentions for the club and fans at heart. Things are being blown completely out of proportion imo.

He has clearly made an error of judgement in trying to address this on social media and with an overly heavy handed approach. For that he should rightly take some stick. I don't see this issue as a sign of gross incompetence as some are suggesting though. He has, for the most part, been good in his role so far and is clearly working with the best intentions for the club and fans at heart. Things are being blown completely out of proportion imo.

He seems incompetent in the extreme. Firing out statements that will cost your club money in future negotiations, increasing pressure on the manager completely unnecessarily which clearly irked Hartley, then dishing our legal threats to fans of the club online, then deleting social media account because he's taking pelters and finally being made to look like a dick through the recent badge revelations.

No fans really know who is in the right or wrong re transfer budgets issue. It could well be as much Hartley's fault as it was Campbell's for the miscommunication. I never heard any fans moaning re his statement about budgets until Hartley piped up. Quite the opposite in fact, he was widely thanked for his positive msgs and communication to fans. He was also responding to a clear message from the fans that they wanted to know that Hartley was going to be backed financially. IMO he would have been criticised more over the summer months for staying quiet on the issue of budgets. The badge issue is a farce, which some fans seem hell bent on making more of than is necessary.

No fans really know who is in the right or wrong re transfer budgets issue. It could well be as much Hartley's fault as it was Campbell's for the miscommunication. I never heard any fans moaning re his statement about budgets until Hartley piped up. Quite the opposite in fact, he was widely thanked for his positive msgs and communication to fans. He was also responding to a clear message from the fans that they wanted to know that Hartley was going to be backed financially. IMO he would have been criticised more over the summer months for staying quiet on the issue of budgets. The badge issue is a farce, which some fans seem hell bent on making more of than is necessary.

The first thing an agent is gonna mention is your budget due to that statement. Amateur in the extreme.

I'm not saying it wasn't clumsy but he is in a lose lose situation with some fans. I'm not sure what people expect if they want to know more from the club re financial backing. His statement doesn't mean that we have to buckle during negotiations and it doesn't mean that we have to pay over the odds for a particular player. Agents will have a fair idea of what clubs have a decent budget and what ones don't in any event.