The Falkirk FC Thread

This is why I stopped going to games regularly after we moved to Westfield. There just seemed to a lot more wallopers in the crowd. The sort of belters that would boo a fucking pie or corner flag because their own life was hollow. Maybe they've always been there, you just couldn't hear them from the Brockville terracing.

3 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

This is why I stopped going to games regularly after we moved to Westfield. There just seemed to a lot more wallopers in the crowd. The sort of belters that would boo a fucking pie or corner flag because their own life was hollow. Maybe they've always been there, you just couldn't hear them from the Brockville terracing.

Come to the South Stand - we have cookies 

Everyone is entitled to their opinion of course, but don’t expect it not to be criticised when you’re booing at half time of what is effectively a pre season friendly.

You see the fuckin tool that left at 8.15. 30 b*****d minutes into he game unreal.

The walloper element was typified on Saturday when the ball landed in the crowd. We were 1-0 down and the ball was allowed to land when it could have been caught or punched down. The fella just took his time throwing it back.

1 minute ago, NewBornBairn said:

Come to the South Stand - we have cookies 

That doesn't sound creepy at all. What kind of cookies? 

1 minute ago, Crawford Baptie said:

You see the fuckin tool that left at 8.15. 30 b*****d minutes into he game unreal.

The walloper element was typified on Saturday when the ball landed in the crowd. We were 1-0 down and the ball was allowed to land when it could have been caught or punched down. The fella just took his time throwing it back.

Mah baw.. ahm gawn hame etc. 

First half was shocking and I have to admit I was really p!ssed off and worried watching it but wouldn't bring myself to boo a team off the park :lol:

Someone said earlier we are still looking to bring in 2 or 3 players.  In an ordinary close season 3 signings would be the bulk of our business so still plenty to look forward to.  I'd like a left sided mid and Jakubiak back. A decent right back would be the cherry on the cake (although Mcghee will be good there). 

Edited by Falkirk_Bairn_1983

Easy answer. If you hate it that much, don’t come fucking back mate.
He is under contract unfortunately
First half was shocking and I have to admit I was really p!ssed off and worried watching it but wouldn't bring myself to boo a team off the park :lol:
Someone said earlier we are still looking to bring in 2 or 3 players.  In an ordinary close season 3 signings would be the bulk of our business so still plenty to look forward to.  I'd like a left sided mid and Jakubiak back. A decent right back would be the cherry on the cake (although Mcghee will be good there). 
Still cant get why you were asking for a summary of the match if you were there.

3 hours ago, EdiBairn said:

It was the worst performance many people have ever seen at TFS.

These people don't go very often then. I can think of plenty worse. Losing five to Livingston and Peterhead springs to mind. Being three down against Queens before halftime. Never mind some of the aberrations last season.

4 hours ago, EdiBairn said:

I've never seen so many happy clappers as on this thread. The first half performance last night was absolutely dreadful

I don't think anyone's defended the first half performance. It was dire and nobody has claimed otherwise. 

If we play like that for both halves in every game after the league begins then nobody will defend either the players or manager. Certainly nobody did after our dreadful start last season. The knives were out on P&B pretty early on. It's hard to defend a team that doesn't win any of their opening seven league games.

So no, we're not happy clappers and no it wasn't the worst performance ever seen in fourteen years of football at TFS.

Conclusion - you're talking shite. Again.

Edited by Bainsfordbairn

Having watched the post match interview with Hartley i'm now convinced he doesn't see these games as particularly important. If we get through, it's a bonus. I was very concerned until I watched that but now I reckon he's just doing what he did when he took over last season, chop and change everything to get some idea of what's actually going on. Let's hope his conclusion this time is better than last season where it appears it was "These lot or all utterly terrible, bring me a new team please, asap".

Now that wide players could be involved more under Hartley I wonder if Harris will come back into the fold :lol:

Will be interesting to see who we bring in now. We have signed loads of players who could do the business so I'd maybe want 1 or 2 that we know can perform at this level.

I was a bit worried after Montrose and after the first half the other night but it looks as if Hartley couldn't give 2 fucks about the cup so I'm going to wait until Inverness before I start properly judging.