The Falkirk FC Thread

12 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

Well it certainly ain't sheep it lives in the central belt  and used to go to our games regularly. It I turns up for cup finals and would regularly top 6000 if we had a decent team. I don't think there are 6000 potential fans in Dingwall. You've obviously  been watching outlander to much 

*sigh*

I don't dispute that the population of Central Scotland is higher than Dingwall. What I'm saying is that there are far more clubs down here for people to choose from.

I really don't think you understand what potential fanbase means, especially if you think it's sitting in the stand already.

1 minute ago, Gaz said:

*sigh*

I don't dispute that the population of Central Scotland is higher than Dingwall. What I'm saying is that there are far more clubs down here for people to choose from.

I really don't think you understand what potential fanbase means, especially if you think it's sitting in the stand already.

There are over 100,000 people who could walk to our games. That's potential 

2 hours ago, DeeBairn said:

As I've said, I'm not buying the small budget chat. Every one of those guys was clearly able to play at a higher level but stuck with Livi. They can say they have a small budget all they want. Doesn't wash with me. 

Too shady a club to be believed. 

hahahahahaha wtf

He's outlined clearly that these players were limited in their options and came from clubs like Stranraer/Bo'ness or out the jail. You're accusing the club of fraud?

14 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

There are over 100,000 people who could walk to our games. That's potential 

But you said our potential supporters were sitting in the stand!

Just now, Bainsfordbairn said:

Fair enough. There were a number of folk moaning about where he came from and I thought you were one of them Shod. My apologies. 

Crunchie came from camelon juniors. Doesnt matter where their signed from if they perform. Livi are a prime example as ive shown.

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

Assuming id seen neither i wouldnt know who was the better option till i saw them in the flesh. Just because hes played for chelsea youths doesnt mean hes any good. I frankly dont give a monkeys where players come from aslong as their good enough to get us out this bloomin league.  Some of sammuts contemporarys are playing in leagues abroad of a far higher standard so i dont buy this wee boy needing to settle in stuff either.

Jesus wept! I didn't say Sammut was good because he came from Chelsea youths FFS.

You said he was shit, you also said Beadling was good; I'm merely trying to work out what you base this on.

Incidentally, would I be right in assuming that you don't care where players come from as long as it's not within a 30 mile radius of Falkirk?

7 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Jesus wept! I didn't say Sammut was good because he came from Chelsea youths FFS.

You said he was shit, you also said Beadling was good; I'm merely trying to work out what you base this on.

Incidentally, would I be right in assuming that you don't care where players come from as long as it's not within a 30 mile radius of Falkirk?

I dont care where they come from full stop. Id like to think we wouldnt just stick to local players or players from miles away but would cast our net anywhere for players. If their good enough then who cares who they played for. In the past weve limited our options too locally but theres also no point in signing mince players from further afield.

Sammut is having trouble to get into a struggling falkirk side whilst beadling is a mainstay in a decent dunfermline team.  I can safely say that currently i'd rather have the latter.

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

hahahahahaha wtf

He's outlined clearly that these players were limited in their options and came from clubs like Stranraer/Bo'ness or out the jail. You're accusing the club of fraud?

So much crap in this thread. So a guy gets released by his club and that means his options are limited? He can sign for literally any club in the world, if there is interest. The only ones that had no other options, were the violent thug, the dick waver and the drug dealer. They signed for Livi because they offered, and continued to offer, the most money. Not hard, is it? The fact that a lot have jumped shift suggests more that there is something rotten going on, yet again, at the club. Someone said it's because Championship clubs can offer more money. So why not leave at the start of last season? Seems strange that a club that could retain championship players in the championship can't do so in the Premiership with an increase in money.

Did you take a moment to think about the club you are talking about, Marshy, or did you just launch into your usual hyperbolic bullshit? This is a club with multiple administrations under the belt, that has no issues employing convicted criminals and claims to have no money whilst employing Kenny Miller. And, if your buddy Yogi is to be believed, is receiving funding from a former convicted drug dealer who apparently had all his cash seized by the courts. Add into that the multiple times the courts have had to get involved to remove members of the board and chairmen from the board. Sure, there's nothing going on...

1 hour ago, DeeBairn said:

I think he means potential supporters, are opposed to actual moaners, which is what we mostly have. 

Correct we have an opportunity to make real supporters out of the moaners the kids who get dragged along the parents and vice versa. If everybody dragged along  one more friend it would change the club. But it's the chicken and the egg scenario we need excitement on the park first. 

But I'm sorry Gaz if you seriously don't think we have more potential than these sheep shaggers then your probably one of the guys on here who thought there's a place in our team  for a  certain  Shepherd.!  Bah 

27 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I dont care where they come from full stop. Id like to think we wouldnt just stick to local players or players from miles away but would cast our net anywhere for players. If their good enough then who cares who they played for. In the past weve limited our options too locally but theres also no point in signing mince players from further afield.

Sammut is having trouble to get into a struggling falkirk side whilst beadling is a mainstay in a decent dunfermline team.  I can safely say that currently i'd rather have the latter.

So would you have Craigen back too then?

6 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I'd have Craigen back based on his Dunfermline form. Also Longridge and Hippolyte.

Is it us, are we just shite at getting perfomances out of players?

9 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

As I said I was no great fan of Craigens . I didnt think he was good enough to play in a team wanting to win promotion to the top flight.  At the moment though  if it was a straight choice between him and some of the replacements then I certainly wouldn't dismiss having him back instead. Same with longridge and hippo.The likes of TOE , Sammut and Petravicious have done nowt so far to say their any better if not worse. We at least got a few decent performances out of craigen in the Dundee United playoff fixtures for example. None of the current players have put out performances of that standard so far or have shown anything to say they are capable of that. We need better than craigen to win the league but thats not saying that he isnt better than what we currently have.

Edited by Shodwall cat

1 minute ago, DeeBairn said:

I'd have Craigen back based on his Dunfermline form. Also Longridge and Hippolyte.

Don't think its that. If we want to win the league these three arent good enough.  As I've said that doesnt mean their not better than what we have currently though.

1 minute ago, DeeBairn said:

I agree all three had more talent than our current crew. Just not handled correctly I assume, I would also have higginbottam back to play at number 10 His performance in that role against Celtic at hampden was majestic!