The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I don’t think too many there today were surprised by either the result or the performance. We have seen variations on the same theme for about ten games now, and we know the defence can’t defend, and the attack can’t attack, and the midfield can neither attack nor defend. McKinnon now knows it too.

I was utterly pissed off after the QotS game, but now, it’s a bit like watching the same car crash over and over again. You do grow numb to it.

There were a few anecdotal tales today about the real reasons behind McKinnon’s departure from Morton, and it seemed broadly similar to Hopkin’s departure from Livingston. 

Do tell? 

Surely he wasn't pissed off at how utterly tinpot way Mr Rae was running the club? 

39 minutes ago, squeekybairn said:

totally agree that this is a big part of the issue. The team looked better overall today, linked up better, kept possession better and got the ball up the park more (all relative to recent previous performances), but the goal scoring threat was again non existent. Teams should have a fear of the opposition scoring to keep  their back line/midfield on their heels somewhat, but for now there's not even a concern far less a fear. Haber and lewis have started consistently for the past few weeks and done jack shit in terms of scoring or even posing a real threat........thank Christ we at least have rudden to try and give us a threat going forward in the coming weeks.

all in all, with greenwood/irving/mcgee/rudden all in the side I expect we might see a result or two............hopefully.  

By “result” you mean good ones for us. I am sure we might get a good result or two. It’s just that it might take a dozen or more games to get them. Every single side in the Championship has the necessary players to dismantle us. 

We talk about confidence being a big element of how a team plays, but that isn’t going to fix this.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

2 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

By “result” you mean a goods for us. I am sure we might get a good result or two. It’s just that it might take a dozen or more games to get them. Every single side in the Championship has the necessary players to dismantle us. 

We talk about confidence being a big element of how a team plays, but that isn’t going to fix this.

unusual for me to be an optimist, but I don't think it'll take a dozen games.........I think we'll start to see the odd draw here and there and a sneaky win or (at a stretch)  two in the next couple of months..........but we can't win games without goals.

God knows from where. We are realistically looking at binning three quarters of the summer signings in January, and possibly not playing half of them ever again by mid September.

18 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

There were a few anecdotal tales today about the real reasons behind McKinnon’s departure from Morton, and it seemed broadly similar to Hopkin’s departure from Livingston. 

The reason is straightforward enough - he's a snake who bizarrely thought that a decent opportunity had opened up alongside a fatter pay packet. It hasn't though; your team is an absolute rabble and it will get relegated alongside King Snake in abject fashion.

Happy days. 

IMG_0215.jpg.bb07f3d3fa112ac8ab41ec4ebe27c586.jpg

Edited by vikingTON

Can a club cancel loan deals. I am just thinking we have the likes of Haber, Turner on deals. Could we cancel them early and use the money to see what is out there free agent wise.

I know folk will say the free agents out there will be pish but I refuse to believe there aren't players out there without a club who couldn't put more of a shift in than Haber did today.

I'd keep it tight until January when we can ship some of these players out. 

Fasan

Kidd Muirhead Harrison Robson

Petravicius Mckee Irving Greenwood 

Froxylias

Rudden

It's incredible really that we have such a big squad but virtually no decent options at all for the whole right hand side.

4 minutes ago, virginton said:

The reason is straightforward enough - he's a snake who bizarrely thought that a decent opportunity had opened up alongside a fatter pay packet. It hasn't though, you're team is an absolute rabble and will get relegated alongside King Snake in abject fashion.

Happy days. 

IMG_0215.jpg.bb07f3d3fa112ac8ab41ec4ebe27c586.jpg

Beetlejuice, beetlejuice, beetlejuice.  Nice to see your image selection has taken on a more mature theme.  Well done.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

1 minute ago, squeekybairn said:

unusual for me to be an optimist, but I don't think it'll take a dozen games.........I think we'll start to see the odd draw here and there and a sneaky win or (at a stretch)  two in the next couple of months..........but we can't win games without goals.

The whole focus of the club has to be on the Alloa game. That's a relegation 6 pointer, that we simply can't afford to lose. I'd be happy with a draw at this stage to prevent them getting too far ahead.

McKinnon was coaching the hell out of Lewis in the first half, but the guy simply wasn’t able to do it. Their overweight number 20 had him on toast time and time again, and it was only when Robson got involved that the number 20 fell out of the game.

The lad is either played as some sort of inside forward, or he shouldn’t be played at all.

4 minutes ago, PG.Colossus said:

Absolutely this. He hid all game and has contributed feck all since he arrived.

The right back who played for st Mirren when they went up still doesn't have a club. Can only assume someone has pictures of him fucking a Morton fan or something and is blackmailing him out of the game. 

Few posts hit the nail on the head for me defence didnt do too bad goal aside, thought Robson and Petravicius done well but we could have played that game for another 90 minutes and i dont think we would have scored. Hard to see where a goal is going to come from Lewis leaving the ball and then running forward wtf was that all about, Haber didnt contribute much at all thought McKee done not bad.

As for Nomads that asst manager was a bawbag of the highest order his goading of the support and his push on Mackin after the final whistle went.  I will go so far as to say i thought Collum was a bad ref but that one today Middleton was woeful.

4 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

The right back who played for st Mirren when they went up still doesn't have a club. Can only assume someone has pictures of him fucking a Morton fan or something and is blackmailing him out of the game. 

He signed for Ayr. Cant see where our next goal is coming from never mind point. Beaten quite comfortably by a part time welsh pub side . Tommy Robson apart I wouldnt keep any of them and some simply shouldnt be anywhere near a pro football side.  Worst group of players ive seen in the navy blue in over 30 years.

Edited by Shodwall cat

9 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

He signed for Ayr. Cant see where our next goal is coming from never mind point. Beaten quite comfortably by a part time welsh pub side . Tommy Robson apart I wouldnt keep any of them and some simply shouldnt be anywhere near a pro football side.  Worst group of players ive seen in the navy blue in over 30 years.

Worst group of players ive seen in ages, full stop.