The Falkirk FC Thread

4 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I remember a player called Vince Mennie who was on a par with this lot.

No recollection of which era he was part of.

I remember seeing him for Dundee and thought he'd do a job..

He was indeed horrific. There's definitely boys from previous eras who could nudge into this side.

I'd like to see Ross Perry play right back with this squad, and Sabbatino De Massis take Paton's CM spot.

Lewis would spend the entire 90 minutes in awe of Mark McGraw's attacking talent.
I have a frustratingly shite memory. I find it borderline upsetting that I have seemingly fewer detailed recollections of childhood than others.

To this day I can still remember being sat in the stand at Brockville (so preseason or Stirlingshire Cup or other bollocks) and seeing Mark McGraws attempts to control a ball fail so hilariously that the laughter from the stand made it look to my young eyes that he was going to burst into tears.

His time at Falkirk is a harrowing memory my mind has cruelly chosen to retain, presumably in place of something magical like first holidays, believing in Santa etc.

Life really is a c**t, personified in this case by Mr Mark McGraw.

2 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:
5 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Mince Vennie played late 80's and was indeed on a par shiteness wise with this current mob.

Probably because he was half German our scout at the time didn't bother looking and thought he was signing Beckenbauer. 

1 hour ago, Bairn Necessities said:

I agree. I can't think of a collective who could lose to this :-

Fasan

Muirhead.    Dallison.  Harrison.  Brough

Owen-Evans.  Sammut.  Paton.    Lewis

Haber/Mackin   Turner

Higgins

McCann Perry Khalis Chalmers 

D.Smith Bradley Tudur-Jones Marceta

Boulding Morgan

It'd be tight I reckon. I'd probably stick Froxylias in as a worse player than Paton. Mackin was worse than Haber. 

Don't think I'll ever forget the Hartley squad's pre-match warm up drills. Instead of just shooty in, the strikers had to take a shot then attack a cross put in from the left or right. I don't think I ever saw any of them connect with the ball - partly because they were shite and partly because the "crosses" were hilariously bad. How on earth can you f**k up a cross when you're standing still with the ball at your feet and all the time in the world to think about it?

Talking of "Worst Falkirk teams", no one has mentioned the team that should have been relegated, but not for Airdrie's demise. I went a callander year without seeing us win a game. Mind you, with some of the players that McCall brought in the following season from Airdrie, it turned us into a championship winning team. I could be wrong, but didn't we blood the likes of Lee Miller and Mark Kerr in that poor team?

39 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

John Perry was a dud

John Perry was one of the most frustrating players I have seen in a Falkirk jersey. You would get moments of magic then trip over his own feet. Non stop running, covering, tackling all over the park then if he became any less mobile he could take root. He could win a game and lose it for you in a few minutes. He did have skill but just could not apply it for 90 minutes.

1 hour ago, Harry Kinnear said:
1 hour ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Mince Vennie played late 80's and was indeed on a par shiteness wise with this current mob.

I was excited when we signed him from Cologne Harry.

The first Scot to play in the Bundesliga lol.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

I have a frustratingly shite memory. I find it borderline upsetting that I have seemingly fewer detailed recollections of childhood than others.

To this day I can still remember being sat in the stand at Brockville (so preseason or Stirlingshire Cup or other bollocks) and seeing Mark McGraws attempts to control a ball fail so hilariously that the laughter from the stand made it look to my young eyes that he was going to burst into tears.

His time at Falkirk is a harrowing memory my mind has cruelly chosen to retain, presumably in place of something magical like first holidays, believing in Santa etc.

Life really is a c**t, personified in this case by Mr Mark McGraw.

I can almost understand why Morton fans are so precious. Imagine having to count McGraw and Dougie Robertson among your all time greats...

Falkirk FC 2nd Worst Team in History 

Scott Higgins

Aaron Muirhead (c)

Neil Berry

Kevin Christie

Joe Tortolano

Stephen Bradley

Hugh Hill

John McVeigh

Jamie Paterson

Enoch Showumni

Billy McNeil

Subs

Bobby Olejnik , Ross Perry, Johnny Flynn,  Kevin McBride , Burton O' Brien , Ally Graham , Mark McGraw   

I still think they'd beat the current side about 3-0 . I dunno how Muirhead would get on playing for both teams but judging by his passing I'm pretty sure he never knows which side he is on.

Edited by Hank von Hell