The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, falkirkzombie said:

Trialist scores for the reserves.....anyone any idea who?

Both the trialists were young boys. As Fasan was the only other player on the bench I'd speculate that they were just filling spaces in the same way the FVFA seniors used to do. Though I suppose it's possible we might be assessing them as future reserve players. The reserve budget is separate from the first team.

I googled their names and it gave me backgrounds of amateur / youth football for both.  Ironically though, one of them was born in Greenock.

If there anything through there that we can't take if we want it? 8)

I like using this page to keep up to date with all things Bairns related especially around transfer windows and after games... 

Not a prolific poster by any means but I do recognise the genuine posters to the idiots... and I must say it's getting tiresome coming back each day and having to sieve through the pish posted by edibairn or whatever guise he's on and the barrage of abuse that follows this user... 

Can he not just be ignored and it would save me a good few minutes a day!? 

2 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Both the trialists were young boys. As Fasan was the only other player on the bench I'd speculate that they were just filling spaces in the same way the FVFA seniors used to do. Though I suppose it's possible we might be assessing them as future reserve players. The reserve budget is separate from the first team.

I googled their names and it gave me backgrounds of amateur / youth football for both.  Ironically though, one of them was born in Greenock.

If there anything through there that we can't take if we want it? 8)

The goalscorer was quite tidy, assured on the ball and mobile. I dont think Lavery will do much for us tbh, very much similar standard as O'Hara who did well today with the set up of the first goal and took his goal brilliantly, it was the other parts of the game similar to Lavery that wasnt up to scratch for me.

I got the feeling that a few of our players who were in the first 11 in 2018 and today now plying their game time in the reserves are simply going through the motions and those crying for Mutch and Dunne to be in the starting 11 really need to see where they are,  both today are no way where near starting first team football for us.

Anyhoo, hope you have your lens all polished up for some photos, you had a big one out today !!

Could we be about to see McKee plus Cash for Tidser as has been mooted in the last couple of pages on this thread potentially accompanied by the sudden disappearance of a pre-existing contract dispute?

Would be amusing because it would probably cause a meltdown from that one Morton lunatic whos name I can't remember who was going on about points deductions, transfer bans and Ray McKinnon's inevitable public flogging.

Could we be about to see McKee plus Cash for Tidser as has been mooted in the last couple of pages on this thread potentially accompanied by the sudden disappearance of a pre-existing contract dispute?
Would be amusing because it would probably cause a meltdown from that one Morton lunatic whos name I can't remember who was going on about points deductions, transfer bans and Ray McKinnon's inevitable public flogging.
Case dropped, private settlement, and Tidser in the Navy Blue would be too much. I couldnt hack it.

1 hour ago, GMBairn said:

I think the contract dispute has passed the point of no return, given that the ruling on 19th December found us guilty.

However, the statement made by the SPFL said: "sub-committee to decide what sanction, IF ANY, should be applied.

That wording suggests the sanction may be much less than the aforementioned lunatic was hoping for. And posted incessantly about, way back in September and October.

Should such a thing happen and we only get a slap on the wrist, then it would be more than amusing. Particularly if it was followed up with news of Tidser leaving "the Famous" to join a big club.

Poor Branchton would get so many "GIRFUY"-type posts hurled in his direction that he'd need to go into hibernation.  

Of course, he may well have the last laugh. We'll just have to wait and see.

8)

McKee is a good player at this level and can be an asset to the team with the right people around him. We're already well stocked in centre midfield anyway with Paton, Osman, McKee, Waddington, McShane and Kidd all able to play there.

I'd hope we can move on Harrison and Brough this week though.

McKee is a good player at this level and can be an asset to the team with the right people around him. We're already well stocked in centre midfield anyway with Paton, Osman, McKee, Waddington, McShane and Kidd all able to play there.
I'd hope we can move on Harrison and Brough this week though.
But he's played in several different midfield combinations with us at both the top and bottom of the table and had never played consistently well enough to hold down a place in the team.