The Falkirk FC Thread

There will be very few first team players on less than 45k a year. Season tickets aren't our only source of income. The likes of Dixon and Osman will be on over £1k a week.
Dixon didnt even have a club. No way is he on over a grand a week.

Calling BS on this.

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Dixon didnt even have a club. No way is he on over a grand a week.

Calling BS on this.

Neither did Osman.  Thinking the two of them are on a grand a week each is laughable.  Perhaps between them yes.

Londonbairn thinking London wages here.

Edited by Shodwall cat

3 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

He has had 5 months to find a CH. It worries me if this is the best he can come up with. But we will see

Ditto a striker, yet we went into January unknown if we were keeping Rudden and only added Lavery of which I don't think will do anything of note for us.

I shudder to think if we hadn't got Rudden

I'm pretty sure after 'The Next Level' fiasco our wage was capped at around £600 for a squad player, maybe rising to £800-£1000 for a key player.

18 minutes ago, LondonBairn said:

There will be very few first team players on less than 45k a year. Season tickets aren't our only source of income. The likes of Dixon and Osman will be on over £1k a week.

Baloney

1 minute ago, MrDust said:

Ditto a striker, yet we went into January unknown if we were keeping Rudden and only added Lavery of which I don't think will do anything of note for us.

I shudder to think if we hadn't got Rudden

Difficult to get a decent striker in early in the window to be honest.  I'm sure there will be a few sitting hoping that better offers than us appear but then will perhaps be left with little option over the next 36 hours or so.  I'll be very concerned though if we dont have another body in by friday.

22 minutes ago, LondonBairn said:

Do fans actually beleive we are paying players close to £1k PW?

We will pay a basic of about 400-600 p/w with add on's/bonuses for winnnig games etc. I am sure this structure came out around the Pressley era that this was the way we would operate. £1k a week is way off what we can afford to pay. Loy I am sure was our highest paid player at one point rumoured to be about £1k a week which was funded by a group outwith the club, that tells you everything about how much the club and those within are prepared to pay. There is no way we have one or two players on £1k a week the accounts will tell you that. 

16 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Difficult to get a decent striker in early in the window to be honest.  I'm sure there will be a few sitting hoping that better offers than us appear but then will perhaps be left with little option over the next 36 hours or so.  I'll be very concerned though if we dont have another body in by friday.

A better one than Lavery wouldn't have been that hard, granted it's difficult but the circumstances with Rudden which we knew, we really are living in hope now that someone decent rolls in or even average

2 minutes ago, MrDust said:

A better one than Lavery wouldn't have been that hard, granted it's difficult but the circumstances with Rudden which we knew, we really are living in hope now that someone decent rolls in or even average

Lavery was obviously something that came available and is probably not on much.  Chance to get an international from Everton for little cash as an option probably worth a punt.  I doubtr he was ever going to be the main striker Mckinnon was looking at.  Problem is it takes a while for guys like that to get used to the rough and tumble of first team football up here and we need guys who are going to hit the  ground running.  

11 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

The next 48 hours might change everyone’s thinking, but it’s a helluva thing to sign 10 players yet completely fail to address the two glaring deficiencies of no support for Rudden, and no RB.

It looks as though Burgoyne, McKenna, Nixon and McShane are on the money, with Waddington looking good for an hour or so. Osman might come good, but equally, he might not be up for it. I think McLean will be inconsistent (and always has been).

DKD is a real talent, but are we going to give the lad a real run out? I guess Lavery might be in much the same position. The magic ingredient might well come from converting Tommy Robson into an attacking midfielder, but we don’t have a lot of time to do it.

Do you feel that the signing of these four could be a bit of a watergate moment for us? Sorry, watershed, I meant watershed. 

3 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

I know forward planning is the current issue but this is our squad next season as it stands.

FEDD6691-ECB9-485A-96A5-DAD39EB721A0.jpeg

And there you have it - the net effect of our BOD's brave new strategy & Paul Hartley's recklessness.

We are now stuck in a vortex of loan signings, free agents , desperate short term deals on cast offs & constantly changing our near full squad every window.

They are totally wasting OUR money over and over again..

Welcome to the future folks. 

43 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

And there you have it - the net effect of our BOD's brave new strategy & Paul Hartley's recklessness.

We are now stuck in a vortex of loan signings, free agents , desperate short term deals on cast offs & constantly changing our near full squad every window.

They are totally wasting OUR money over and over again..

Welcome to the future folks. 

Okay so I just looked up Ayr United, current promotion chasers, for the same information. So i'm assuming they are doing worse than us then by this metric? OR perhaps it's more just that longer term contracts in this division don't really get offered. I would imagine that most championship clubs would leave themselves open to negotiating new deals every summer. Personally i'm more worried when we hand out longer term deals to players we have no idea if they will be any good. Harris, Paton, Sheperd etc.

5c519956895c4_ScreenShot2019-01-30at12_31_05.thumb.png.142e43f2c8c9a47574cd1151c5eabbf7.png

Edited by PipoIsABairn