The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, Bainsfordbairn said:

No argument with 90% of that, and I agree his that time is up. And I say that from the perspective of liking him as a person.

It's impossible to be a leader when those you're trying to sway have lost confidence In you. There's a lot of staff at the club who rate him but the fans don't and ultimately they're the ones that matter, hence why change must happen. And surely will.

I think the more important question is what will the next lot be like?

mystery box.jpg

3 hours ago, Jamie_M said:
3 hours ago, ebobsboy said:
I think we will sign a couple of Morton players. Not so sure it will be those two though. 

Robert Thomson and Rory McKeown. HTH

Thomson is looking for a career outside full time football. He got Morton to pay for an op and they took it out his wages or something. He got offered a new deal but knocked it back  "water under the bridge" as he put it. Given his injury record at Morton I would doubt anyone would take a punt on him in the top echelons of the seaside leagues in particular us given we simply have to go up in a season. 

2 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

George Craig was good at selling tents. 

In any case, how many seaside clubs (as that is what we now are) run with or need a CEO on £60k or £70k a year?

Agreed – there's a lot of absolute charlatans in Scottish football.

Thomson is looking for a career outside full time football. He got Morton to pay for an op and they took it out his wages or something. He got offered a new deal but knocked it back  "water under the bridge" as he put it. Given his injury record at Morton I would doubt anyone would take a punt on him in the top echelons of the seaside leagues in particular us given we simply have to go up in a season. 
He has a gig as a fire safety advisor.

Thomson is just the latest in a long line of players who needed treatment and expected their club to pay for the best (usually private) treatment rather than wait for NHS when they aren't obligated to do so at this level and many players have had to pay for their own or wait, particularly when a contract is running down.

Not saying that is right but it's systematic at this level rather than one club's failing.

He will get a part time gig. Not serious that he will rock up at you, Dumbarton more likely.

Expected Falkirk to get McHugh but alas he stays.

On one of the Thistle Facebook pages someone posted that on the Morton thread one of the Ton fans had said he was signing for the jags - can’t find the referenced post myself 
Known troll trolls. That's all you need to know about that particular story.

No argument with 90% of that, and I agree his that time is up. And I say that from the perspective of liking him as a person.
It's impossible to be a leader when those you're trying to sway have lost confidence In you. There's a lot of staff at the club who rate him but the fans don't and ultimately they're the ones that matter, hence why change must happen. And surely will.
I think the more important question is what will the next lot be like?

He is not the leader and never has been. Others pull the strings at the club and everything he wants to do of substance has to get signed off by every Tom dick and harry.

I worked for a CEO years ago who run a business of £500m+ and he had less layers of management than FFC. If we get change, and I am more optimistic now than even a week ago, we have to remove the layers and allow a much slicker and easy to understand decision making process. I think it is fair to say CC whilst he has made some blunders has taken stick for others either stoping him doing what he wanted to do or others decisions. I also think ML falls into that category a bit too. For me CC was much more effective that ML.

We would you look at that - an informative club statement AND AN APOLOGY!

Well done Partick Thistle 

"Kris Doolan was the player whose departure has been most keenly felt by everyone associated with Thistle. I want to address this directly. The Manager made a decision not to offer a contract extension to Kris – as Gary will be judged on the performance of the team, he has to be allowed to make the decision as to who he wants in it. The Board supported that decision.

Where we – the Club, not the Manager – got it wrong was in how we handled the timing of making the announcement. There was no intention to be disrespectful to Kris but that’s not how it looked to you or how it felt to him. And for that I apologise unreservedly. Lessons have been learned and we will do better in the future".

An acknowledgement they got it wrong and an apology ........and this over one player, albeit a PTFC legend. 

Imagine if they had dumped a whole academy of kids & staff at Xmas who only found out from the Daily Record, threatened to sue some fans over a copyright that they let run out,  publicly condemned some supporter as a racist before any police investigation and then the whole fan base by association, cost the club approx 100K in fines & compensation for a new management team  due to their shabby handling of it all -  I bet it wouldn't be a wall of silence.   

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/statement-from-the-chairman-on-the-2018-19-season/

21 hours ago, kiddy said:
22 hours ago, mb1876 said:
i see that's mckenna away to Hamilton. whos next to leave..... 

Well I suppose somebody must have seen some sort of talent in him?

Probably the Hamilton “Director of Football”, who seems to attend every Falkirk match, is a guest in our boardroom every other week, and is therefore regularly chatting to the lads father and other business partner, who are always there too. 

We would you look at that - an informative club statement AND AN APOLOGY!
 Well done Partick Thistle 

"Kris Doolan was the player whose departure has been most keenly felt by everyone associated with Thistle. I want to address this directly. The Manager made a decision not to offer a contract extension to Kris – as Gary will be judged on the performance of the team, he has to be allowed to make the decision as to who he wants in it. The Board supported that decision.

Where we – the Club, not the Manager – got it wrong was in how we handled the timing of making the announcement. There was no intention to be disrespectful to Kris but that’s not how it looked to you or how it felt to him. And for that I apologise unreservedly. Lessons have been learned and we will do better in the future".

An acknowledgement they got it wrong and an apology ........and this over one player, albeit a PTFC legend. 

Imagine if they had dumped a whole academy of kids & staff at Xmas who only found out from the Daily Record, threatened to sue some fans over a copyright that they let run out,  publicly condemned some supporter as a racist before any police investigation and then the whole fan base by association, cost the club approx 100K in fines & compensation for a new management team  due to their shabby handling of it all -  I bet it wouldn't be a wall of silence.   

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/statement-from-the-chairman-on-the-2018-19-season/

Read the Thistle thread for the full view on Tory boot Jacqui Low.

He is not the leader and never has been. Others pull the strings at the club and everything he wants to do of substance has to get signed off by every Tom dick and harry.

I worked for a CEO years ago who run a business of £500m+ and he had less layers of management than FFC. If we get change, and I am more optimistic now than even a week ago, we have to remove the layers and allow a much slicker and easy to understand decision making process. I think it is fair to say CC whilst he has made some blunders has taken stick for others either stoping him doing what he wanted to do or others decisions. I also think ML falls into that category a bit too. For me CC was much more effective that ML.

Agree with that. We have to aim the wrath at the MSG who have got off so lightly in all of this.

ML and CC have undoubtedly made some big mistakes and they should go, but of all the people on the board and MSG, KK exempt, they have actually done some good. The fan ownership model was pushed forward, CC fought so hard to get that to a point where there was a chance of it being implemented. But, the MSG really did stab everyone in the back by moving the goalposts and being downright ignorant. Things like the SS bar, open days, cheap supporters buses, ‘safe standing’ idea all came from them in an attempt to try and give something back.

5 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

You and I know that, but it's not the perception of most fans. Two people are taking all the hate while others rarely get a mention. Perhaps "figurehead" would have been a better term.

On 19/01/2011 at 02:28, Kris. said:

That doesn't seem to be far off the mark from how most supporters are feeling just now.

I think the vast majority of us have come to the conclusion recently that Pressley needs to f**k off as soon as possible. I was all for giving him a chance, as it was him going in to his first full season in charge, and I think it's a little harsh to judge him too much on last season, as he had to pick up May's mess and try and salvage a side that looked doomed to relegation, with no room to bring in any players of his own. He done well to take it down to the final day IMO.

This season however, is verging on a disaster, and we're not even out of January yet. Out of all 3 cups, and sitting 3rd in the table - only due to Dundee's deduction.

The signings:

Jason Marr - Pish, a complete waste of a wage. We'd have been better giving Duffie more games to help his development - I don't think he's great, but he's better than Marr, and would have saved us money.

Mark Millar - I like him. He does the opposite of BoB in the way that when he takes the ball from the back four he looks to pass the ball forward, and carry the ball forward himself. Looking to make something happen. He's a bit of a hothead though, and really needs to get his discipline under control, but he gets stuck in, which is more than can be said for any of our other midfielders.

Kallum Higginbotham - Another waste of a wage. I can't recall seeing a player at the club with such a shite end product. It really is awful. He's clearly got some skill and ability, but it's useless if he can't beat a man or pick out a pass. Always tries too much.

Mehdi Khalis - The Dunfermline game he looked a complete liability, but seems to have improved a bit in his games since. Jury still out.

Kenny Deuchar - I expected better from him, but it's not worked out, and now he's away to Livi. We never utilized his strengths at all, and so he never got to show what he could potentially do for us. Being PT I wouldn't imagine he was on much money though.

Tam McManus - 2 goals on his debut, but got crocked his 3rd (2nd?) game. Hasn't featured since because of it. Will judge him at the seasons end.

Overall, they've been pretty poor in all honesty, and we seem to be skint and can't improve the squad at all. I'd hate to think this is what we're left with for the next 4/5 months.

The results have been up and down all season but right now they just seem to be down. 1 win in 5, against the worst side in the league, conceding 9 goals in that time. It's just not good enough. We've struggled against the top sides in every game (Dundee, Raith and Dunfermline) so far. We've won a grand total of 0 games from 5 against those particular sides.

As things stand we may be 3rd with games in hand, but in the state we're in, we're far from certain to win any of them. A defeat on Saturday coupled with either side above us picking up points and the season is done for sure. Crowds are already falling and they're only going to get worse...unless change happens, and happens fucking quick.

3rd post on this thread. 

Personally, I don’t this sackings are the way to go, but that’s just my opinion  

26 minutes ago, P475 said:

3rd post on this thread. 

Personally, I don’t this sackings are the way to go, but that’s just my opinion  

Would actually agree with this. If CC is great in Foundation stuff, but like so many, got seduced by being seen as a mover and shaker in the football world before fucking up repeatedly, then he MUST step down/away from the football stuff.

ML is in the same boat, but seems to have chosen/been advised to apply employment law in the football world not understanding (as just about everyone doesn’t) that football chooses to create its own rules on the hoof.

Hartley had to go. No question of that. McKinnon doing ok when under no pressure or expectation was fine. The minute we hit 8th spot, then the pressure to keep us there was (rightly) applied. From that point onward, McKinnon’s approach was timid to say the least, and raised doubts about his ability to handle pressure.

Next season the pressure is on from day one, and it needs to be the best year of his managerial career by a mile, or he is dead in the water, and will be gone.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

9 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

Expected Falkirk to get McHugh but alas he stays.

Wishful thinking ?

League one is his level and Id have took him for that division, a bit of loyalty staying at Morton but reality is that no one would take him in the championship being closer to the truth

Wishful thinking ?
League one is his level and Id have took him for that division, a bit of loyalty staying at Morton but reality is that no one would take him in the championship being closer to the truth
Think he even knows that. We offered him a reduced contract, he took a few days to ask around, then realised 8t was the best he could get.

As long as we sign better.

Guest Ecosse83
8 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Think he even knows that. We offered him a reduced contract, he took a few days to ask around, then realised 8t was the best he could get.

As long as we sign better.

Decent player to come off the bench later in a game. Was always useless when he started a game!