The Falkirk FC Thread

6 hours ago, badgerthewitness said:

I heard Paton wanted to play for Dunfermline because Falkirk aren't staunch enough for him. 

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I heard Paton wanted to play for Hunfermline because Falkirk aren't staunch enough for him. 

Fixed

Would also have accepted Scumvermine, tbh.

Interesting to see that the directors and MSG have now put even more of their own funds in to the club to secure players. So much for them not caring or feathering their own nests.

That would be to replace the million they pushed against the wall I assume.

Just now, gav-ffc said:

So Durnan, Telfer and seeing as it’s mostly players who Ray has had before... Cammy Bell :huh:

Be thankful we didnt sign Fasan for another season is the only positive i can take from that.

Surely there will be a decision this week on who`s getting the Club? I`m starting to favour the "Indian" bid, just get the feeling that the other offer would lead to us being a feeder club. Also can`t quite work out what the guy McBride`s part is in that set-up? Heard a rumour that the "Indian" bid intends to re-introduce the youth system, that would certainly get my vote.

1 hour ago, Stuperman01 said:

Got told over the weekend we’ve signed two strikers, although wouldn’t give names however neither are Goodwillie. Anyone know who they might be?

I guessed Denny Johnstone would be coming in

Article basically sums it up says scrapping the Academy was a mistake:

https://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/writing-was-on-wall-for-falkirk-after-scrapping-academy-says-former-assistant-1-4948317

"That was a three-year plan for development, and when they scrapped their academy it sent out the signals to me they were on a slippery slope.

“It’s sad to see where they are, because they are nice people and a nice club, but you could see the writing on the wall."

1 minute ago, AL-FFC said:

Article basically sums it up says scrapping the Academy was a mistake:

https://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/writing-was-on-wall-for-falkirk-after-scrapping-academy-says-former-assistant-1-4948317

"That was a three-year plan for development, and when they scrapped their academy it sent out the signals to me they were on a slippery slope.

“It’s sad to see where they are, because they are nice people and a nice club, but you could see the writing on the wall."

And to think some folk on here were actually overjoyed at the news.

2 hours ago, Stuperman01 said:

Got told over the weekend we’ve signed two strikers, although wouldn’t give names however neither are Goodwillie. Anyone know who they might be?

Wouldn't be surprised if one of them was Aaron Jarvis and I wouldn't be against him returning either. I thought he was starting to form a good partnership with Rudden toward the end of the season and I think he would do well in League 1. Plenty of future development potential too.

10 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Wouldn't be surprised if one of them was Aaron Jarvis and I wouldn't be against him returning either. I thought he was starting to form a good partnership with Rudden toward the end of the season and I think he would do well in League 1. Plenty of future development potential too.

Might be ok in league one but couldn't score for toffee in the championship.  Was not at all surprised when he got the heave from Luton.