The Falkirk FC Thread

12 hours ago, Stainrod said:

Goodwin was never available. He was tapped by st mirren before they released kierney . He is ambitious a saints fan and considers us a risk cos who knows who be running the club . I’m not a fan but Ray is our best option for 

So are you saying we offered him the job last season before we appointed mckinnon and he knocked us back?  I find that hard to believe. Im sure that he wouldve been interested and there was no rumour we had actually approached him.  Im sure the fee to get him away from alloa wouldve been much smaller then than the amount we ended up paying morton. Now hes moved on to bigger and better things and once again we've missed the boat just like we did with jack ross.

21 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

So are you saying we offered him the job last season before we appointed mckinnon and he knocked us back?  I find that hard to believe. Im sure that he wouldve been interested and there was no rumour we had actually approached him.  Im sure the fee to get him away from alloa wouldve been much smaller then than the amount we ended up paying morton. Now hes moved on to bigger and better things and once again we've missed the boat just like we did with jack ross.

The last time you appointed someone who'd already enjoyed considerable managerial success at Alloa, it worked a treat too.

20 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

You might have missed the boat but at least Ray has made sure you can still get to the seaside. Shame though that you've missed out on  trip to Arbroath this year now that they have higher status than you. 

27 minutes ago, Branch Ton said:
You might have missed the boat but at least Ray has made sure you can still get to the seaside. Shame though that you've missed out on  trip to Arbroath this year now that they have higher status than you. 

Said it in an other thread, throughout the years I've never had any desire to look at the league 1, league 2 or premiership forums unless it was to get info on a player we had signed. Now we are in league 1 I couldn't give a flying f**k about the championship forum. You Morton lot are well and truly obsessed with Falkirk, feel almost sorry for you. Now run along a find a nice clean needle for your next hit.

Edited by Sanity check needed.

You need help.

Said it in an other thread, throughout the years I've never had any desire to look at the league 1, league 2 or premiership forums unless it was to get info on a player we had signed. Now we are in league 1 I couldn't give a flying f**k about the championship forum. You Morton lot are well and truly obsessed with Falkirk, feel almost sorry for you. Now run along a find a nice clean needle for your next hit.
I'd rather it was a dirty one

24 minutes ago, LauriestonBairn said:

5a013f12-e70b-4607-bbe3-3ce082620928.jpg

Right Aidan, this is the spot we touched Morton and all their fans when we took Ray, Tids, Buchanan and Telfer from them.

You're welcome to the bucket and spade sandcastle building brigade.  We want players with determination and ambition not mercenary wimps who are scared to play with the big boys. 

41 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

The last time you appointed someone who'd already enjoyed considerable managerial success at Alloa, it worked a treat 

Keeping alloa in the champ was more than hartley acheived id say abd he hasnt failed yet unlike hartley.

You're welcome to the bucket and spade sandcastle building brigade.  We want players with determination and ambition not mercenary wimps who are scared to play with the big boys. 
Big boys?
[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

1 hour ago, Branch Ton said:

You're welcome to the bucket and spade sandcastle building brigade.  We want players with determination and ambition not mercenary wimps who are scared to play with the big boys

Bob  McHugh you're going to Mirimar

Edited by Swordfishtrombone
Drunken pish

Correct he also knocked back st Mirren at that time as he is s rare breed in fitba “a man of integrity”. He had made a promise to his chairman at Alloa that he would stay on for a season and keep them up. A promise I always suspected would come good to our detriment. Fitba management is a game of chess and only the very smart succeed . Such a guy would not choose us at the moment because you don’t know who your going to be working with, which is a key factor in the game. As for jack Ross going back 8 or 9 years he gave a speech to the senior Bairns lunch at the clahdan which I suspect anyone who attended would have realized there was a top manager in the making. Unfortunately our dim witted tea party have always preferred even lesser dim witted managers to run the playing side whilst they imagined they could fiddle whilst Rome burnt.
Well fiddle they certainly have and as for choosing dim witted managers they couldn’t have done a better job. Now they have a moral dilemma , sell the club they genuinely care for down the river to line their pockets or do the right thing and get David and Kenny in . The plan C of staying on and appointing little Lex is beyond a joke and they know it. My suspicion is as I said over a month ago they will come back to the table with some sort of hybrid offer that allows them (to hang on whilst getting the input of Kenny and David and engaging with the curry crew on a arms length business deal. In other words an even bigger committee. What a fu—ing disaster . Football is at its best when you keep it simple and the management should be the same look no further than Alloa. One chairman a part time manager and half the number of players we had.
All I can do is vent and not buy a season ticket and I applaud all who are taking that stance. Believe me it hurts them !

1 hour ago, GaryDoug said:

So, lads. 

Signings tomorrow? Seems to have been a bit quiet on the rumours front the last day or so. 

Anyone you do or don't want to see us try and grab? 

I think we are still at least 2 defenders, 2 midfielders and minimum 2 strikers short. Toshney and McKeown possible cover at the back. We are going to have a small squad (18-20 maybe) so Toshney’s injury record would be a concern.

I’d like to see Dunne get a chance to fulfil his early promise. The squad will need a few utility players, which Blair Malcolm seems to be. Never seen him play though so can’t comment,  but if the squad is tight we need a few jack of all trades types.

I know El Bak scored a lot of goals at this level, but I don’t fancy that option. 3 or 4 years of bad form is difficult to turn around. Denny Johnstone I’d be wary of for the same reason as Toshney. 1 year pay as you play maybe. A loan player from the Premier League is likely, would love Zak obviously, but that’s going to be tough to get done. Anderson from Aberdeen would be promising. 1 loan and 1 experienced striker is a minimum I think.

I think we are still at least 2 defenders, 2 midfielders and minimum 2 strikers short. Toshney and McKeown possible cover at the back. We are going to have a small squad (18-20 maybe) so Toshney’s injury record would be a concern.
I’d like to see Dunne get a chance to fulfil his early promise. The squad will need a few utility players, which Blair Malcolm seems to be. Never seen him play though so can’t comment,  but if the squad is tight we need a few jack of all trades types.
I know El Bak scored a lot of goals at this level, but I don’t fancy that option. 3 or 4 years of bad form is difficult to turn around. Denny Johnstone I’d be wary of for the same reason as Toshney. 1 year pay as you play maybe. A loan player from the Premier League is likely, would love Zak obviously, but that’s going to be tough to get done. Anderson from Aberdeen would be promising. 1 loan and 1 experienced striker is a minimum I think.

Very much doubt we’ll be able to get one of the top youngsters from the Premiership to drop to League 1. So I’d say Anderson Rudden etc are out of the question.