The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Caractacus Potts
3 hours ago, Blame Me said:

What I, @Braes_Bairn and others point is - which is missed by a helluva lot of our fan base on here - is that the site/Twitter etc is our shop window beyond the core support.

As I also said earlier in the week, it potentially drives people away from returning to the site and in-turn sponsors don't get some of the exposure they'd expect or worry that their brand marketing is accurate.

Earlier this week it was ambiguous information, today it's a copy-paste issue where an older post (Bonnyrigg) is copied and links not updated -  Marketing budgets are tight and if the admins can miss glaring issues like these then it doesn't fill marketers with confidence to spend it on us!

I really didn't want to get dragged back into this debate as I can see there is work going on to rectify some of the issues highlighted.

From what I can tell the work has been sub-contracted out back to CC, surprisingly, but proof-reading for our journalism trained comms team shouldn't be.

I totally agree with what you’ve been saying. There are improvements on the pitch and the board made a good appointment with McGlynn however the information, website and marketing all need huge improvement. It costs money not to relay information or make it easy for people to part with their cash. It’s an area we can’t afford to overlook. 

21 hours ago, Springfield said:

It’s a given that all teams from top to the lowest leagues are looking for strikers.

Scunthorpe get Jack Hamilton on loan from Livi, sums up who/what is out there. 

To be fair, we've moved him on because apparently we're getting another 'better' striker in

I’m sure the guy who “hosted” the Q and A, don’t know his name, said not to air info that could go to any opponents after McGlynn mentioned Henderson’s injury extent and it’s still posted 🤣

McGlynn also spoke about how we’re in talks with Middlesbrough over a loan player. 

20 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

470 is poor.

Hopefully the 150 BfL members will switch to FSS when it closes in August.

Otherwise that’s a loss to the club.

Are BFL doing anything to encourage that? 

@Braes_Bairn was getting a haircut prior to a trip to Rome.

He mentioned the trip to the barber, who responded,

- “Why would anyone want to go there? It’s crowded and dirty and full of Italians. You’re crazy to go to Rome. So, how are you getting there?”

- “We’re flying British Airways,” was the reply. “We got a great rate!”

- “British Airways!” exclaimed the barber. “That’s a terrible airline. Their planes are old, their flight attendants are ugly and they’re always late. So, where are you staying in Rome?”

- “We’ll be at the downtown International Marriott.”

- “That dump! That’s the worst hotel in Rome. The rooms are small, the service is surly and they’re overpriced. So, what are you doing when you get there?”

- "We’re going to go to see the Vatican and we hope to see the Pope."

- "That’s rich,” laughed the barber. “You and a million other people trying to see him. He’ll look the size of an ant. Boy, good luck on this lousy trip of yours. You’re going to need it!”

A month later, @Braes_Bairn came in for his regular haircut. The barber asked him about his trip to Rome.

- “It was wonderful,” explained the man. “Not only were we on time in one of BA’s brand new planes, but it was overbooked and they bumped us up to first class. The food and wine were wonderful, and I had a beautiful young stewardess who waited on me hand and foot. And the hotel! Well, it was great! They’d just finished a £25 million remodeling job and now it’s the finest hotel in the city. They were overbooked too, so they apologized and gave us the presidential suite at no extra charge!”

- “Well,” muttered the barber. “I know you didn’t get to see the Pope.”

- “Actually, we were quite lucky, for as we toured the Vatican, a Swiss Guard tapped me on the shoulder and explained that the Pope likes to meet some of the visitors, and if I’d be so kind as to step into his private room and wait, the Pope would personally greet me. Sure enough, five minutes later, the Pope walked in. As I knelt down he spoke to me.”

- “What did he say?”

- “He said,

Spoiler

Have Falkirk posted the fixtures on their bloody website yet?

4 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Makes you wonder what was bubbling away in the background not only with McKay but other players who have improved. Its obvious it has been an unhappy dressing room for a while.

Credit to the management team for giving them a fresh start.

Answered the top part in the bold and not having a novice or soccer manager both out their depth to manage us.

I personally think players went through the motions when a Sheerin team selections and formation made them scratch their head/don't care/down tools and Rennie 5 different formations in two games and zero game plan did the same.

McGlynn obviously has his ideas each game how players should attack and defend and isn't afraid to kick ass when it's not to his standard, tho it seems to be so far as a collective of the team not individuals, well in interview.

I still don't think Williamson, Wilson, Nesbitt or Hetherington will be good enough for starting week in week out and that will handicap McGlynn. The best performers so far have been new signings

4 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

It was good last night when McGlynn mentioned that against Clyde we would be changing to a diamond midfield 👀

Wasn't it a 2-4-4 he was going to play? To counteract the fact we don't have any centre backs.

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

Are there tickets still left for Bonnyrigg away? The website isn’t clear

50 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

It better not effect our performance against Clyde. Perfection starts from the backroom after all

hall of fame game missed the point GIF

39 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

@Braes_Bairn was getting a haircut prior to a trip to Rome.

He mentioned the trip to the barber, who responded,

- “Why would anyone want to go there? It’s crowded and dirty and full of Italians. You’re crazy to go to Rome. So, how are you getting there?”

- “We’re flying British Airways,” was the reply. “We got a great rate!”

- “British Airways!” exclaimed the barber. “That’s a terrible airline. Their planes are old, their flight attendants are ugly and they’re always late. So, where are you staying in Rome?”

- “We’ll be at the downtown International Marriott.”

- “That dump! That’s the worst hotel in Rome. The rooms are small, the service is surly and they’re overpriced. So, what are you doing when you get there?”

- "We’re going to go to see the Vatican and we hope to see the Pope."

- "That’s rich,” laughed the barber. “You and a million other people trying to see him. He’ll look the size of an ant. Boy, good luck on this lousy trip of yours. You’re going to need it!”

A month later, @Braes_Bairn came in for his regular haircut. The barber asked him about his trip to Rome.

- “It was wonderful,” explained the man. “Not only were we on time in one of BA’s brand new planes, but it was overbooked and they bumped us up to first class. The food and wine were wonderful, and I had a beautiful young stewardess who waited on me hand and foot. And the hotel! Well, it was great! They’d just finished a £25 million remodeling job and now it’s the finest hotel in the city. They were overbooked too, so they apologized and gave us the presidential suite at no extra charge!”

- “Well,” muttered the barber. “I know you didn’t get to see the Pope.”

- “Actually, we were quite lucky, for as we toured the Vatican, a Swiss Guard tapped me on the shoulder and explained that the Pope likes to meet some of the visitors, and if I’d be so kind as to step into his private room and wait, the Pope would personally greet me. Sure enough, five minutes later, the Pope walked in. As I knelt down he spoke to me.”

- “What did he say?”

- “He said,

Hide contents

Have Falkirk posted the fixtures on their bloody website yet?

AB451C1C-AD19-48D6-9C33-897B8A20A572.gif

42 minutes ago, MrDust said:

still don't think Williamson, Wilson, Nesbitt or Hetherington will be good enough for starting week in week out and that will handicap McGlynn. The best performers so far have been new signings

That's why I don't think we'll do any better than the playoffs. You can add McGuffie and Morrison to the aforementioned. It's not set in stone that some won't be out the door on loan before the league season starts but with each day that goes by I think it's more likely to be one or two of the younger ones.

56 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Wasn't it a 2-4-4 he was going to play? To counteract the fact we don't have any centre backs.

All of our centre backs are injured so Mackie will need to hold the fort. We’ve only really got Oliver that could reasonably be described as a striker too so I reckon it’ll be a 1-8-1

10 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

No it’s just boring 

Finances usually are. That's really what our gripes boil down to.

While some post about how the existing budget *could* be spent some of us want to discuss how to maximise it without the need for on-pitch performances to hold up. Each to their own.

6 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Finances usually are. That's really what our gripes boil down to.

While some post about how the existing budget *could* be spent some of us want to discuss how to maximise it without the need for on-pitch performances to hold up. Each to their own.

People need to get it into their skull that on pitch performances drive income. It is the core business. People come to games, they buy merchandise, the go to hospitality and business want to associate themselves with a successful organisation. The rest is fluff.